Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:34 AM

15 posts, read 65,281 times

Advertisements

Camden County, Georgia. If your husband is in law enforcement, he could get a job at the Kingsbay Navy Base. Great school system and close to Jacksonville, Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 11:14 AM

634 posts, read 2,922,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian2 View Post
I am from Laurens county in South Central Georgia. It is a growing area and a very nice one to raise a family. We are 50 miles Southeast of Macon Georgia. Check out Laurens County. Dublin is the county seat , but the whole area is growing.
There are the small communities in Laurens county like Dudley, Dexter , Rentz , & Cadwell. These small communities are really growing. Please check out Laurens County. We would love to have you here.
I agree with this person ^^ Laurens also has great schools and is a friendly town.

Other than Laurens County, I suggest the towns of Tifton, Americus, Plains, Thomasville, Leesburg, Montezuma, Oglethorpe, Marshallville, Perry, Vienna, and Cordele, Georgia.

All great towns that I just named.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:09 AM

34 posts, read 135,255 times
Houston County High School and Warner Robins High School, Bonaire Middle, Feagin Middle, Mossy Creek Middle, and Lake Joy Elementary are all very popular in Warner Robins/Robins AFB area.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:24 PM

18 posts, read 94,422 times
what are the smaller and safest towns around Dublin . Dublin is even too big for me.I dont car e if the town has no poSt office or school just as long as if it is safe and 1/2 and 1/2 white and black I dont want an all black or all white town . I am white I home school . so I HAVE TO BE BY A BIGGE TOWN LIKE dUBLIN OR ANOTHER . i WANT A VERY SMALL SAFE TOWN WITH ACOUPLE OF HOUSES AND CHEAP TO BUY AND DOESNT MATTER IF THAT MANY PEOPLE LIVE THERE . The least people the better . I like rural towns not ghost but abpout 100 -500 people would be nice . I am coming from ND and I dont want my children to have culture shock . but the reason I am moving is I want her to learn about cultures and other nationalities but I dont want to be the only white family either . SO THE TOWN DOESNT HAVE TO OFFER ANYTHING EXCEPT SAFE RUNNING WATER ANDLOW TAXES AND A HOME FOR SALE . WELL HERES MY EMAIL IF ANY ONE CAN FIND ME A NICE WHOLESOME TOWN. dandgwh@srt.com serious replys only .

Old 01-24-2008, 11:31 PM

18 posts, read 94,422 times
where do white military couples with children move what towns are mostly or 1/2 white and 1/2 black . tell me please what are safe towns to raise kids I dont care about color but ifthat is a factor of saftey then I want a warm town not icey and cold I want a warm town in the winter and a good place to raise kids. so they can ride their bikes and paly outside still with out worrying if they will be kidnapped or molested . Is there any towns like that any more . here in ND THERE are but WE ARE too cold here and want to move to a wholesome Godly town down there. with 300-500 people dandgwh@srt.com email me if any suggestions thank you

Old 03-07-2008, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 8,627 times
Talking Auburn

I live inlil town Auburn i love it here i go to the newest high school in Barrow Co. and it's pretty much a little country school. Barrow County's biggest city is Winder and there you have a old grocery store, walmart, and publix. In auburn we just got a new Ingles. This is a great town if you have kids and want them in a great school system.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:32 PM

5 posts, read 18,960 times
I have 2 historical homes for sale in Crawfordville, GA...small town in NE Georgia. Population is about 500. so you cannot get any smaller than that! Close to Athens and Augusta.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:34 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,834,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'ole'me View Post
Hi, I am from Brantley County GA. Our school system has passed the CRCT two years in a row when surrounding counties have failed. We invite you to check us out. We are located 30 mins north of the FL/GA line. 35 mins west of Brunswick, GA. If you are looking for small town type, we are it!
Brantley and Pierce counties are quite a bit different, demographically speaking, than the surrounding counties. This would explain why Brantley County schools passed the CRCT.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian2 View Post
I am from Laurens county in South Central Georgia. It is a growing area and a very nice one to raise a family. We are 50 miles Southeast of Macon Georgia. Check out Laurens County. Dublin is the county seat , but the whole area is growing.
There are the small communities in Laurens county like Dudley, Dexter , Rentz , & Cadwell. These small communities are really growing. Please check out Laurens County. We would love to have you here.

Laurens County is NOT in south Georgia. It is in Central Georgia, or Middle, if you want to use another term.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Laurens County in total is about 65% white, so the city provides almost all the diversity. .

So whites don't contribute to diversity?

The bigger question, however, is why is diversity better, in your opinion, than homogeneity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia