Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 05:42 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,835,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post

Some schools are excellent, some are bad. Overall, a lot depends on whether the child gets a good teacher or one that is merely drawing a check. .
That's very minor. What's most important in determining whether a school is "good" or "bad" is the behavior of the children, and the parents that the children come from. That is, how they have been raised. In general, this coincides with demographics of the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollasoluuu29 View Post
what are the smaller and safest towns around Dublin . Dublin is even too big for me.I dont car e if the town has no poSt office or school just as long as if it is safe and 1/2 and 1/2 white and black I dont want an all black or all white town . I am white I home school . so I HAVE TO BE BY A BIGGE TOWN LIKE dUBLIN OR ANOTHER . i WANT A VERY SMALL SAFE TOWN WITH ACOUPLE OF HOUSES AND CHEAP TO BUY AND DOESNT MATTER IF THAT MANY PEOPLE LIVE THERE . The least people the better . I like rural towns not ghost but abpout 100 -500 people would be nice . I am coming from ND and I dont want my children to have culture shock . but the reason I am moving is I want her to learn about cultures and other nationalities but I dont want to be the only white family either . SO THE TOWN DOESNT HAVE TO OFFER ANYTHING EXCEPT SAFE RUNNING WATER ANDLOW TAXES AND A HOME FOR SALE . WELL HERES MY EMAIL IF ANY ONE CAN FIND ME A NICE WHOLESOME TOWN. dandgwh@srt.com serious replys only .
It's rather odd, you come from North Dakota, which is about 97% white, and you want a town that is 50% black? Why? Have you even lived in a town that is such? You're definitely going to experience culture shock, just like you would if your North Dakota town changed, racially speaking.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:08 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
So whites don't contribute to diversity?

The bigger question, however, is why is diversity better, in your opinion, than homogeneity?
Simple question with a simple answer. Yes, whites do contribute to diversity. However, if you are staring at a white canvas looking for colored dots, these dots would be concentrated in the city. These "colored dots" would be the vast majority of African-American, Japanese, Asian Indian, and Hispanic contained in the "canvas of Laurens County".

Sorry, but it's hard to see white dots on a white canvas, especially scattered over 800 square miles.

Homogeneity might work for short periods of time on small scales (although Japan thinks that it is a strength for its nation). However, no one has really attempted it since Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Simple question with a simple answer. Yes, whites do contribute to diversity. However, if you are staring at a white canvas looking for colored dots, these dots would be concentrated in the city. These "colored dots" would be the vast majority of African-American, Japanese, Asian Indian, and Hispanic contained in the "canvas of Laurens County".

Sorry, but it's hard to see white dots on a white canvas, especially scattered over 800 square miles.

Homogeneity might work for short periods of time on small scales (although Japan thinks that it is a strength for its nation). However, no one has really attempted it since Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.
You're using your typical leftist nonsense talk, as a way of attempting to shun homogeneous areas. In fact, racially speaking, most countries are a lot more homogeneous than the United States, and countries that are more homogeneous are generally more socially stable. Your associations with two supposed "evil" regimes, such as Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, are nothing more than an attempt to include homogeneity into a category with the "bad". Japan, itself, is very successful and is socially stable because of its highly homogeneous population.

What has diversity brought America? Less social cohesion, lower educational standards, "white flight", greater loss of countryside, higher crime, massive support of the "nanny state", as well as many other ills.

Perhaps you can find a sally soccermom or joe sixpack to buy your belief system, but anyone who is intelligent, or at least educated, knows that it has massive holes.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:23 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
............"sigh"

Old 03-22-2008, 01:22 PM

10 posts, read 86,134 times
You might try Camden county GA. 3 miles right across the border from Jacksonville FL. The Kingsland PD was jus at the Tri base job fair last week looking to hire. There is also security work on the submarine base with Securiguard of Saint Marys. I know some guys that work there and they pay benefits as well as about $15hr to look at badges and drive around all day. There are about 500 to 600 homes on the market and this area is growing but its still a small town. Like anywhere you have to figure in the cost of living against your pay. The largest employer here is the submarine base. If you have any sepcific questions just ask.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:40 AM

18 posts, read 94,430 times
I like crawford . Its small I dont care if ithas a post office or school . all I want to beis near a walmart about 1/2 hour away or an hour is good enough . I dont care aBOUT A GROCERY STORE EITHER BUT I would need a close store to buy eggs milk bread when running out of stuff . I CAN GO TO NEAREST TOWN ONCE A WEEK OR ONCE A MONTH . THANKYOU D

Old 04-24-2008, 09:44 AM

18 posts, read 94,430 times
HOW much is thelowest home cost ? a 2bedroom -3 bdroom 1 bath home??? in crawford . I would like to spend less than 60,000 thanks. older home and remodeled or just a livable nice home would be fine with little to repair . 30,000-60,000 is all I WANT TO SPEND on a home . I f there are towns with no schools and no post offices then it might be cheaper to buy home there . I dont makethat much but I wont live in an apartment complex . I wantto livein rural town .

Old 04-25-2008, 05:04 AM

602 posts, read 1,962,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post

And mainland China, which is 93-95% Han Chinese, LIKES it that way, and will tell you that "there is no racism in China". Heh.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:35 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkes View Post
You might try Camden county GA. 3 miles right across the border from Jacksonville FL. The Kingsland PD was jus at the Tri base job fair last week looking to hire. There is also security work on the submarine base with Securiguard of Saint Marys. I know some guys that work there and they pay benefits as well as about $15hr to look at badges and drive around all day. There are about 500 to 600 homes on the market and this area is growing but its still a small town. Like anywhere you have to figure in the cost of living against your pay. The largest employer here is the submarine base. If you have any sepcific questions just ask.
Umm...the OP originally posted in 2006; by now they are moved, settled and probably elected to the city council
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia