Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 06:12 AM

91 posts, read 307,307 times

Advertisements

Crazynip
Waycross isnt that bad at all. Adel/Sparks, East Valdosta, most of Atlanta, Albany, Dallas, they some real hoods

Have you ever been to Dallas? Lived here for 14 years and never had a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 AM

18 posts, read 71,898 times
We are currently looking in an around Covington an Conyers GA. They over built the Covington area an now there is an abundance of homes on the market due to foreclosers an short sells. What we're finding is you have to be very careful what neighborhoods you consider, some look nice as you drive thu untill you actually get out of your car an notice the barking dogs an loud people out in there yards. Over half of the neighborhoods seem to be on there way down due to the type of people who have migrated to that area. Seems every house we look at already has an alarm system installed. I can see why on some of these places. Only reason we are considering this area is the amount of house you can get for your money at this time. I guess it's a give an take, if you move to a beautifully safe area where everyone wants to live than unless your rich, you can't afford to live there. ;D

Old 07-28-2011, 05:38 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
There are no categorically "best" and "worst" places. It depends on what you like - urban, rural, diversified, homogenous, etc. I love Atlanta yet love the mountain towns and south Georgia as well. It depends on the person.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,112 times
Talking Opinions all over the place

I read through a good part of this thread, and found some good opinions, and constructive advice. However it gave me a headache as well, opinions really vary on the same cities.

My wife and I (Long Island NY) have visited the Gwinnett County area (Duluth, Lilburn, Snellville, Stone Mountain) several times over the past 20 years. What we observed has all been pretty much positive. Friendly people, clean neighborhoods, housing that is absolutely stunning and affordable, low taxes and a lower cost of living (Well Lower than Long Island). On a negative side, the traffic has become pretty nasty.

Bottom line, we always enjoyed GA and the areas, so much so that we are considering relocating (early retirement). We will be visiting again this September, and will be taking a much closer look. Maybe I can add something helpful to this thread.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,049 times
I was just wondering, is Southwest of Atlanta a bad area to live, cause im moving from Birmingham, Alabama probably during the next 2-3 months.. and I was thinking about moving to or around this area.!? I also have another question, are Westlake High, Sandtown Middle, and Stonewall Tell elementary, are those all good schools for my children to go to or no..?

Old 08-01-2011, 04:13 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,092,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girley Jones View Post
I was just wondering, is Southwest of Atlanta a bad area to live, cause im moving from Birmingham, Alabama probably during the next 2-3 months.. and I was thinking about moving to or around this area.!? I also have another question, are Westlake High, Sandtown Middle, and Stonewall Tell elementary, are those all good schools for my children to go to or no..?
You may want to post this to the Atlanta forum.

I've never really frequented the SW suburbs, so I have no idea. My workplace and home is in the NW quadrant of the metro, and most of my friends live across the northern half of the metro or in the City of Atlanta itself.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,013 times
Do NOT move to Southwest Atlanta (East Point, College Park, Bankhead, etc) are all home to the worst crime rates in Atlanta. Also, Atlanta public schools are not really known for being good right now. Fulton County and Clayton County are going through a huge turnover and have gotten in trouble for cheating on standardized tests.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:03 AM

3 posts, read 9,813 times
Default Looking to Relocate to Fairburn

No one has mentioned this area. We have 3 kids 16, 8 and 4. We need decent to good schools and a peaceful yet active community. We are mid 30'S.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 3,914 times
Warner Robins is a great place to grow up in. My dad was stationed there back in 2005 and I loved it. It was small but quaint. I actually lived in Bonaire which is a small town. GREAT PLACE.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:20 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
Anyplace with a Golden Corral within a short driving distance is Ok by me..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia