Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2007, 09:11 PM

8 posts, read 30,053 times

Advertisements

I just want to add , I'm moving to Georgia. Now visiting yourself would be the only way of knowing a good place and area for you and your kids, Everyone thinks differently and have their own opinion, I know people who moved to georgia and a year later back home, it's what you make of it and how you apply yourself to what you enjoy and your way of living. Everyone lives differently, my mom moved and she loves it , she lives in stockbridge which is in Henry County , she said to me u need to visit and get familiar with the areas first and if you like it then move. So if you get the chance visit and see what its about. If you know anyone there have them to show you around if not still visit. God Luck and God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 02:21 PM

121 posts, read 520,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMARTIN View Post
I just want to add , I'm moving to Georgia. Now visiting yourself would be the only way of knowing a good place and area for you and your kids, Everyone thinks differently and have their own opinion, I know people who moved to georgia and a year later back home, it's what you make of it and how you apply yourself to what you enjoy and your way of living. Everyone lives differently, my mom moved and she loves it , she lives in stockbridge which is in Henry County , she said to me u need to visit and get familiar with the areas first and if you like it then move. So if you get the chance visit and see what its about. If you know anyone there have them to show you around if not still visit. God Luck and God Bless

This is so true. I actually lived in ga, but i still hadn't been to every nook and cranny. I guess we just like to hear others opinions. I am not saying you didn't make a great point because you did... I am just sayin

Old 12-20-2007, 10:17 AM

6 posts, read 163,339 times
Default worst place to live in georgia is A

ALBANY
they are as back ward as they come
and the high TAXES
and there is real no MALL you either have to go to MACON or south to
FLORDIA
the don't need another shoe store either of another bank I think they have enought of them for a long time
what they do need is a good place to buy food
better schools

Old 12-20-2007, 10:40 AM

913 posts, read 2,985,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassysue View Post
ALBANY
they are as back ward as they come
and the high TAXES
and there is real no MALL you either have to go to MACON or south to
FLORDIA
the don't need another shoe store either of another bank I think they have enought of them for a long time
what they do need is a good place to buy food
better schools
I imagine Columbus is closer to Albany than Macon.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 PM

5 posts, read 45,617 times
I will be moving to Heron Bay develoopment next year. Ae there any comments about this area. It is in Henry County,Locust Grove, and is a new development.
Any comments will be appreciated. I do not have children, so schools is not important to me.
Thanks.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 9,668 times
Default Worst: Newton County

I was just scanning through info about Ga counties when I saw your worst list. Newton County used to be a sweet place to live. I have often heard the word "quaint" from people who have visited or just moved here. As a lifetime resident of Newton County, I have watched it change from quaint to chaotic. Population is booming due to the overwhelming infux of new residents and subdivisions which are stretching the infrastructure to the limit. Our schools are packed, crime is way, way up, traffic is a nightmare and our water supply is in jeoprady. Our beautiful forests, trees and farmland are being gobbled up by tacky subdivisions and money mongers and our utility bills are reportedly among the highest in the state. You have to have lived here many years to appreciate the fact that Newton County is no longer quaint. So, if you want to be part of this sprawling boom, come on down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcgirl View Post
We've lived in a lot of areas in GA. It really varies here and much depends on what you like personally. I'm a mother of 2, pretty liberal, have a high need for safety and good schools, but also want a good amount of convenience. Here's my tops and bottoms (hope not to offend, but each person has her own opinion):
Best:
Peachtree City -- rated top 8 in country just over a year ago.
St. Simon's Island
Athens

Worst:
Newton County
Rockdale County
Camden County
Jasper County
Wilkinson County

Old 12-26-2007, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 9,988 times
Default warning!

[SIZE=3]My father and I visited Cherokee and Cobb counties on the last week of September; we’re from Southern California, Los Angeles County. We found Georgia to be one of the most beautiful states we've visited and the people to be some of the nicest in the country, but in the shadows, we saw an all to familiar sight from Los Angeles, "illegal aliens" and stores that only post in Spanish along with the world famous or southwest famous day laborers standing on the street waiting for someone to pick them up, then we saw what is the final nail in the coffin for communities that turn a blind eye to the illegal alien problem, we saw them paying for goods at the wall-mart with vouchers/food stamps American tax payer funded assistance being used by illegal aliens, needless to say my 71 year old father was so upset to see this because, he saw the same things happen to his once beloved southern California around 25 years ago. Myself a 45 year old native of southern California was also upset because, I am looking to leave the growing 3rd world sewer once called southern California, where gangs rule, illegal aliens are given special status by our politicians and police, and if you don't speak Spanish your frowned on, our schools and highways are over crowded, our kids can't learn because of the influx of Spanish speaking kids which make it to hard for our teachers to teach, California is ranked at the bottom of all other states in education, in Los Angeles they spend 7 Billion dollars a year on the school district and are at the bottom in California school districts. Hospitals on the verge of bankruptcy, emergency room and clinics closing because the illegal aliens can not pay, our jails overflowing with illegal, whole neighborhoods occupied by illegal aliens that they will stretch a Mexican flag over the street declaring this neighborhood Mexican soil, and yet no one will do a thing about it, not the politicians, police and the people have been brainwashed to think that they can not exist without the illegal alien! What a joke! I say we Americans can do anything we set our minds on, we did not get to where we are as a nation because of illegal aliens, we reached this greatness because of Americans and the legal immigrants that came and come to our country, as you can remember when nothing is done about this big problem, we get what the whole world saw on television 2 years ago, thousands of illegal marching in our streets demanding and dictating to us what they want. Our teenagers can't find jobs because the illegal have stolen them, wages are being pulled down and jobs lost to illegal, and it all starts very subtle and innocent, but believe me for every one illegal allowed to stay he/she knows 5-10 people waiting to also come when they get the green light, and that green light is when the citizens and politicians do nothing to rid their communities of this illegal alien invasion, do not let the storm that we saw building get out of control or you all will be looking for somewhere else to live as we are.[/SIZE]

P.S. If the politicians ignore the problem then the whole state will go as California has, Georgia need the same immigration laws as Arizona has.

[SIZE=3] Jesse Garcia Jr[/SIZE]
Covina, California.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 12-27-2007, 08:30 AM

10 posts, read 34,528 times
I moved to Georgia eight years ago and have lived in both the Atlanta metro and Athens areas. Since moving here, I have traveled through many other areas of the state. For me... Atlanta metro wins hands down. Of course, no place is perfect. But then, I prefer large metro areas. Other places I have lived include NYC, Morris county NJ, SF Bay area, Los Angeles and Orange County CA.
My favorite areas of Atlanta are north Fulton (Roswell/Alpharetta) and parts of Gwinnett county (Duluth, Snellville, etc). I have lived in both areas and do not really have a preference, but Gwinnett does have more affordable housing. As in other large metro areas, you have great, average, below average and terrible areas to live and work. Although you can find good areas all around Atlanta Metro, I prefer the North and East sides of the metro area. It is always a good idea to check out the crime rate, schools, hazards, etc before moving to any area.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:07 AM

511 posts, read 2,477,162 times
I remember this thread starting up who would have known it would rack in 271 posts, and 113,000 est reads. This is great keep, people from all over the site have come to put there two cents on this forum. Keep it goin.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:16 PM
syn

2 posts, read 12,118 times
what is your opinion about Snellville (eastmont Cove) subdivision. How is the crime in the area. I know there are lots of store which I like and the high school Siloth is not great. But all in all how is the area zip 30039
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia