Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 08:39 PM

25 posts, read 75,522 times

Advertisements

I took a trip to Boulder and (mostly) loved it. The outdoorsy, athletic people, the town, the BC bike path, the cool shops, resturants, liberal, progressive attitude of most, the city's awesome recycling program and it is an up and coming green city. Here's the problem-I just dont think I can live where there arent many trees. Yeah, I know they have trees here and there, and of course in the mountains but I currently live in North Florida where is is green, and lush-and I love it! I just hate this city. I wanna get out of here but need to live somewhere that has an athletic, healthy population and has a lot of trees not open plains, desert, etc. Moutain biking is a must!!! I've been to Tsali Trails and that is a bit too moutainous, just you know. I thought Woodstock and Jasper were beautiful but not sure about anything else there. Thanks and any suggestions are much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 08:42 PM

34 posts, read 112,939 times
Well, Atlanta isn't the east coast so i dont know why you would be asking that question in this forum.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaguy08 View Post
Well, Atlanta isn't the east coast so i dont know why you would be asking that question in this forum.
its not? where is it? PNW? lol

Old 07-20-2008, 08:47 PM

34 posts, read 112,939 times
well, its in the south of course. Detroit is further east than Atlanta but i bet you dont consider Detroit the east coast.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:07 AM

Ok, let me try to make this as elementary as possible. If you draw an imaginary line down the middle of the U.S., the left side is the "west coast" and the right side is the "east coast," (with the exception being the most centrally located states) this "right side" includes Atlanta. There is always one of you in every thread. And I bet you think truck nutz are a cool, conversation piece? Closed!

Old 07-27-2008, 12:35 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Athens would be the closest thing to Boulder in GA; small city, close to a major city, home of the flagship state universtiy, progressive attitude from college students and faculty, more liberal than rest of the state. Athens, tho, being in GA would be more conservative and less "tree hugger" than Boulder. You wouldn't have the mountains at the edge of the city limits, but not too far a drive north to mountains and a half day drive to the ocean.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:54 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
Ithaca, NY is nice too.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:08 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,835,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaguy08 View Post
well, its in the south of course. Detroit is further east than Atlanta but i bet you dont consider Detroit the east coast.
Detroit is barely further east, longitudinally speaking, than Atlanta. Atlanta is more on the order of an Ann Arbor and Cincinnati, Ohio in terms of its logitudinal location. That said, Detroit is much farther from the coastline,anywhere from 500-1000 miles, while Atlanta is only about 250 miles. Secondly, Atlanta and most of Georgia lies either directly under the Appalachian Mountains, or slightly to the east of them. Detroit is far NorthWEST of the Appalachian Mountains. Thirdly, Atlanta sits within an East Coast state, whereas Michigan is very far from the east coast.

Savannah and Jacksonville are on the east coast, literally, even though they are farther to the west than Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Does this fact negate Savannah's and Jacksonville's legitimate claims as being "East Coast Cities"? Of course not. I can see someone arguing that Atlanta is not "East Coast" for reasons being that it is not on the coast, much like Pittsburgh, Rochester, Scranton, or Burlington, Vermont aren't. However, to use logitudinal measures, considering the coastline and topography, is unwise.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:10 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,835,727 times
Kdh, perhaps Asheville, North Carolina will be to your liking.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:38 PM

182 posts, read 711,362 times
Raleigh, NC reminds me of your description.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia