Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:32 PM

66 posts, read 208,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
What i'm trying to say is this:

When is Macon getting an Apple Store? Augusta and Greenville are getting one.
does that even matter every city doesnt have the same companies of other cities this proves nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 05:06 PM

726 posts, read 2,818,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Has anybody noticed that Yerocal, the former promoter of anything Macon dropped out of this thread about the same time that NewtownMacon showed up repeating the same statistics?
Well it's clear that you didn't pay any attention to the posts either, because if you did you would have notice that i made several comments contesting a couple of postings....but I don't comment as much because its a waste of my time to go back and forth with you knuckle heads about Macon goods and bads, because everything i say seem to be always look at as boosterism or make believe when i as well as newtownmacon and others that support Macon has provided you with supporting links and information, and y'all still will say we are wrong.... I have come to realize that Macon has a lot of people who would love to see it fail and hate it to point where no matter how is prospers you still will have the same mentality about it..So why keep wasting time slapping you in the face with reliable sources of info from developers/investors web sites, local media and etc. that support my posts and people still say it boosterism and we are lieing to make Macon look good... SAD

Old 03-20-2009, 05:16 PM

841 posts, read 1,402,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
The latest Census estimates for 2008 were just released this week.
  • Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA 5,376,285
  • Augusta-Richmond County, GA-SC 534,218
  • Savannah, GA 334,353
  • Columbus, GA-AL 287,653
  • Macon, GA 230,777
  • Athens-Clarke County, GA 189,264
  • Gainesville, GA 184,814
  • Albany, GA 164,919
  • Dalton, GA 134,139
  • Valdosta, GA 133,348
  • Warner Robins, GA 133,161
  • Brunswick, GA 102,850

Metropolitan and Micropolitan Estimates (http://www.census.gov/popest/metro/CBSA-est2008-pop-chg.html - broken link)

Well I really sucks that Macon and W.Robins are separate NOW because it does not show a true reflection on this area. Its like taking Aiken-Aiken county from Augusta MSA..... But oh well.......... We are still growing.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fammaf View Post
Augusta is starting to seperate from the other 2nd tier cities. Especially if we keep growing & continuing to be second in the state. In terms of MSA growth every year like were doing. On my trips to Savannah I figured Augusta was growing faster. I see Augusta metro grew faster than Chattanooga too.
Don't bet on it, Augusta has a very long way to go to separate itself from the other 2nd tier cities. Augusta's pop only grew by 1.1%..... that not much more than the others..... Macon 0.3%, W.Robins 1.7%, Columbus 0.4%, Savannah 1.5% and Chattanooga 0.8%.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:30 PM

349 posts, read 1,004,445 times
That's percentages im talking about raw numbers in population. If Augusta got 6,000 new people. Macon got 950 people. Wouldn't Augusta be seperating itself.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:57 PM

349 posts, read 1,004,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
Well I really sucks that Macon and W.Robins are separate NOW because it does not show a true reflection on this area. Its like taking Aiken-Aiken county from Augusta MSA..... But oh well.......... We are still growing.
W. Robins and Aiken are not the same. There is no 33,000 growing city between Macon and Warner Robins. North Augusta is between Augusta and Aiken. N. Augusta has a 250 million dollar transportation project. 520 plametto pkwy on the SC side. Also they're building a 30 million judicial center in downtown N. Augusta. Statistic are showing the census that. People from Houston county are not commuting to Macon. Like people from Aiken county are commuting to Augusta.

Last edited by fammaf; 03-20-2009 at 07:06 PM..

Old 03-20-2009, 08:54 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Don't bet on it, Augusta has a very long way to go to separate itself from the other 2nd tier cities. Augusta's pop only grew by 1.1%..... that not much more than the others..... Macon 0.3%, W.Robins 1.7%, Columbus 0.4%, Savannah 1.5% and Chattanooga 0.8%.
No. Augusta already has separated from the rest of the second tier cities. They are more than 200,000 people larger than metro Savannah, or roughly the size of Macon.

The numbers don't lie.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
That's percentages im talking about raw numbers in population. If Augusta got 6,000 new people. Macon got 950 people. Wouldn't Augusta be seperating itself.
No that would not be, what would separate any of the second tier from one or another is pop growth leading the others in at least 10 or 11% while they are seeing 0.3-1.9, Or gaining a lot of developments on the scale in which Atlanta receives; DT high rises the 20-30 story range, major HQs, metro commuter rail, High-end merchants, Multiple Malls and etc... something that really sets it apart..... not just adding a few people to the metro every now and then.... although Augusta's metro may have seem to increase in pop, the city is losing pop.

If they decided to separate Aiken-Aiken county from Augusta MSA, like they did with W.R/Houston county that would be a major blow as Macon has experience because other states normally have far less counties than Ga and way larger in size and pop. Which kind of gives Augusta lead way.

If Macon-W.Robins where re combine the MSA growth percentage would be more than Augusta's and it would be the 3 largest MSA. Macon and W.robins are so close, Bibb and Houston county actually touch no river, or nothing but an imaginary county line which is sprawled over by growth of Macon and W.Robins. SO having them separate craples their true MSA reflections.....

Old 03-21-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
W. Robins and Aiken are not the same. There is no 33,000 growing city between Macon and Warner Robins. North Augusta is between Augusta and Aiken. N. Augusta has a 250 million dollar transportation project. 520 plametto pkwy on the SC side. Also they're building a 30 million judicial center in downtown N. Augusta. Statistic are showing the census that. People from Houston county are not commuting to Macon. Like people from Aiken county are commuting to Augusta.
Your right there no Growing Cities between Macon and W.Robins because that area is Unincorporated, South bibb county is one of the fastest parts of the county and home to over 30,000
Here is link from developers of a project in this area check out the 3, 5 & 7 mile radius pop,perc of growth and income levels.
http://www.sofrangroup.com/pdf/Macon...%20Station.pdf

http://www.macon.com/203/story/649735.html (broken link)

Also you have bordering this area is fast growing North Houston county which is about the same number....

Also Macon has a over 300 million Dot I-75/16 reconstruction project, and right now there is a nearly completed 100 million dollar reconstruction of I-475/75 interchange reconstruction in process right now....
The Georgia Road Geek - Blogsite

DOT about to reconstruct I-75 from south of Pierce Avenue to north of Arkwright Road. widening the interstate to six lanes, widening and rebuilding several bridges, and closing and relocating the southbound entrance and exit starting in Augusta 2009.
Pierce to Arkwright exits to get huge, 3-year renovation - Local & State - Macon

Bibb county is in the planning stage of a 75 million dollars judicial center DT. Any one who lives in the Macon and W.Robins area knows thats a large number of people travel to Macon for Work, education,entertainment and etc.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:32 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Or gaining a lot of developments on the scale in which Atlanta receives; DT high rises the 20-30 story range, major HQs, metro commuter rail, High-end merchants, Multiple Malls and etc... something that really sets it apart..... not just adding a few people to the metro every now and then.... although Augusta's metro may have seem to increase in pop, the city is losing pop.

There are only a handful of cities in the country that have all of these things going on, so expecting Augusta to accomplish all of this is laughable at best.

Still doesn't change the simple fact that Augusta has clearly pulled ahead of the other second tier cities for the solid number two spot in Georgia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia