Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,703 times

Advertisements

Learn to live with different cultures we are in a melting pot deal with it.Ignore racism no matter how hard it is you are better than that and you are human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 06:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,842 times
Hi we are thinking about moving to Atlanta Georgia from Syracuse NY I'm a 49 year old white female from Syracuse my husband is a 47 year old black male he is from Atlanta..5 years ago we moved to Easley South Carolina we moved back to Syracuse after 1 year because of the racism... I'm told Atlanta Georgia has biracial couples and we wouldn't have the issues we has in South Carolina... I guess I'm trying to confirm... Any response would be appreciated.. Ty

Old 09-05-2016, 11:52 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim91909 View Post
Hi we are thinking about moving to Atlanta Georgia from Syracuse NY I'm a 49 year old white female from Syracuse my husband is a 47 year old black male he is from Atlanta..5 years ago we moved to Easley South Carolina we moved back to Syracuse after 1 year because of the racism... I'm told Atlanta Georgia has biracial couples and we wouldn't have the issues we has in South Carolina... I guess I'm trying to confirm... Any response would be appreciated.. Ty
You're comparing apples and oranges here. Atlanta is a large city with over 5 million people.

Bi-racial couples are normal.. even in places like Savannah.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:52 PM

128 posts, read 149,265 times
HI! Welcome to Kennesaw. We are happy with our move here from California.
I know what south Fla is like. I have family in Miami and Ft Lauderdale.
You have nothing to worry about.
We even have a cuban restaurant (Papi's) where hubby can dance a little salsa on Saturday nights.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:42 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim91909 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
You're comparing apples and oranges here. Atlanta is a large city with over 5 million people.

Bi-racial couples are normal.. even in places like Savannah.
I have to wonder about some of these posts. Most deep south towns, even rural, have a large % of blacks and whites who are used to interacting with each other. I've been in towns with 5,000 or less people here in Middle Georgia and saw interracial couples living just fine. I have a few cousins out in the rural in interracial relationships now. Funny you mentioned upstate NY, Kim. I have 2 male cousins in upstate NY (Rochester) parading around up there telling people they were "run out" of Eastman, GA because they're black, even though Eastman is nearly 40% black and still filled with most of our relatives who havent been ran out .

Atlanta is an "Alpha World Class" city with millions of people. Did you really need to "confirm" that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia