Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 01:06 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc4672 View Post
Does anyone out there have any positive stories with KB Homes? We are building a new KB home in the subdivision in Woodstock.
Many of my buyer clients have bought new homes from KB Home. This builder was very attentive to any concerns and promptly addressed any problems. As with any new home from any home builder, get it inspected by a qualified new construction home inspector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,032 times
Default KB Home

I own a KB Home in the River Edge Subdivision. I have been in my home about 2 1/2 years. A problem starting developing just after my year inspection. I have a vaulted ceiling with a smooth finish. The drywall taping has started to come loose from the ceiling joint. I had a difficult time getting anyone to come out to make a repair. Finally a friend who was a contractor has been working on it. He said that it appeared that they just took tape glued it down and painted over it. He has has had to build up the area with drywall mud and repaint. Unfortunately that has meant scaffolding. Anyway he said that the taping would come loose because of the weight of the drywall on the joint.
The paint they use is good quality but they use very little so it comes off easily and marks easily.
They did a nice job on the tile floor but did not seal the grout.
In regard to the subdivision itself,the streets are narrow and parking for visitors is a big problem.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:28 AM

595 posts, read 2,344,092 times
Rivers Edge? I'm so sorry for you. I can't say in retrospect the houses there are built very good, and the HOA fees are painful.

I hate that place, and selling in that subdivison was almost impossible.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:33 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396 View Post
Take a look at some of these pictures, this is all within "Industry standards" according to KB.
Regarding your last photo, that would appear to fall under the category of a hairline crack; this type of crack is pretty common with flat concrete work. One should only become concerned when the crack starts to manifest signs of vertical separation. This is usually an indication of structural and/or foundational problems.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie M View Post
I own a KB Home in the River Edge Subdivision. I have been in my home about 2 1/2 years. A problem starting developing just after my year inspection. I have a vaulted ceiling with a smooth finish. The drywall taping has started to come loose from the ceiling joint. I had a difficult time getting anyone to come out to make a repair. Finally a friend who was a contractor has been working on it. He said that it appeared that they just took tape glued it down and painted over it. He has has had to build up the area with drywall mud and repaint. Unfortunately that has meant scaffolding. Anyway he said that the taping would come loose because of the weight of the drywall on the joint.
The paint they use is good quality but they use very little so it comes off easily and marks easily.
They did a nice job on the tile floor but did not seal the grout.
In regard to the subdivision itself,the streets are narrow and parking for visitors is a big problem.
All builders including KB have different standards for different communities and price ranges. Your comment about the narrow street leads me to believe this is on the cheaper end of things. Not to say that is an excuse for poor quality work - but you can't expect Lexus quality at Kia prices. Now at the high end of the range - I have not seen these issues - even in houses several years old.

What price range is your house in? I tried looking up your subdivision but couldn't find any listings.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:57 PM

4 posts, read 10,501 times
[SIZE=3]I had a wonderful experience with KB Home and everyone I worked with from my sale person to my customer service rep to the team that built my home. When building a new home of course you are going to find things that are not perfect. This is a man made product and unless this is something new man is not perfect. But anytime I had any issues with the home I just call the customer service line and with in hrs they are calling me back to fix the issue. The peace of mind that I have knowing that help is just a phone call away is reassuring for me. I’m sorry to burst in with a little happiness but my neighbors and I are happy and loving our new homes. I have built homes in the past and never had such a kind, helpful and committed team working for me. I truly believe people love to vent when things go wrong and never talk about when things go right! So I’m proud to be the 1st person on here that has something good to say! [/SIZE]

Old 06-03-2008, 10:11 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria102 View Post
[SIZE=3]I had a wonderful experience with KB Home and everyone I worked with from my sale person to my customer service rep to the team that built my home. When building a new home of course you are going to find things that are not perfect. This is a man made product and unless this is something new man is not perfect. But anytime I had any issues with the home I just call the customer service line and with in hrs they are calling me back to fix the issue. The peace of mind that I have knowing that help is just a phone call away is reassuring for me. I’m sorry to burst in with a little happiness but my neighbors and I are happy and loving our new homes. I have built homes in the past and never had such a kind, helpful and committed team working for me. I truly believe people love to vent when things go wrong and never talk about when things go right! So I’m proud to be the 1st person on here that has something good to say! [/SIZE]
For the most part - this has been my experience as well. I am now about a week from closing. My house looks fabulous! My construction manager and sales staff have been wonderful.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:39 PM

16 posts, read 72,478 times
Live in a kb home twin lakes, cary nc..... love my home and kb costumer service. I think you people complaine to much. Voted #1 company in the industry by Fortune Magazine in 2008! If you have a problem call them the'll fix it that has been my expirence. Remember you are not spending millions of $ and I have seen homes built for $70000.00 and the finishing was not any better.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:02 AM

12 posts, read 56,764 times
My experience has been, if you have a problem, call and then they will try to make up a excuse of why it is exceptable. The warranty person in my subdivision is only worried about his totals and his bonus for NOT fixing things. The less he has to pay out in warranty repairs, the bigger his bonus is. Some of the excuses they have given people here are insulting. They definately have taken advantage of the "less aware" public here.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:06 PM

4 posts, read 16,301 times
I bought a home from them and will never do so again. My house has had more problems than any new home should have. To start off my kitchen floor was framed wrong and it was such a problem that KB couldnt find a subcontractor stupid enough to fix it (because there was a HIGH chance that my bay window could fall and tear one side of my house off, or the probelm would have moved to another location and it was possible my enitire downstaris would have had to be torn up) so after a looonnng drawn out battle (almost a year) they agreed to give us a little money to shut us up. I have also had several leaks throughout my home. One of the worst was when water was pouring out of my recess can light (sp?) That is a common problem with KB homeowners who have a seperate shower/tub. One of my neighbors is on their tenth go around with KB on the same leak. Most of the warrenty people were extremly hard to talk to and were just trying to get out of fixing everything. I am really not a "hard" homeowner to deal with. I dont complain very often but man these people. I do not recommend KB homes to anyone. Get out if you can and save yourself the headache!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia