Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 04:36 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Well, I can name one very important thing.

How about a real airport, with actual scheduled airline service?

Real cities need such amenities. At least they aren't FORCED to drive all the way to Atlanta like Macon residents are.
lmfao way too funny.............Columbus Metropolitan Airport is not an international airport with planes shooting too and from many other areas all across the country and world....The flights coming out of Columbus Metropolitan Airport are mostly headed to Atlanta just like the ones out of Middle Georgia Regional....what are you talking about?

it essentially is not much better, if at all, than Middle Georgia Regional Airport.

But lets just say that it is

lol that still does not take away from the fact that you, nor anyone else, can tell me of any vast upgrade Columbus can provide over Macon in regards to entertainment, shopping, and dining...but thanks for trying.

Last edited by Southern Soul Bro; 07-27-2009 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 04:45 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
lmfao way too funny.............Columbus Metropolitan Airport is not an international airport with planes shooting too and from many other areas all across the country and world....

it essentially is not much better, if at all, than Middle Georgia Regional Airport.

But lets just say that it is

lol that still does not take away from the fact that you, nor anyone else, can tell me of any vast upgrade Columbus can provide over Macon in regards to entertainment, shopping, and dining...but thanks for trying.
And who, pray tell said anything about an international airport with planes shooting to and from many other areas?

The truth is, REAL cities with a REAL corporate presence require REAL airports with REAL scheduled service. Something that Macon lacks, in addition to many, many other things a REAL city requires.

And with your absolutely sparkling personality and demenor, don't expect too many other posters to respond to anything you say.

I'm used to your arrogant and condescending tone, so it doesn't phase me.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And who, pray tell said anything about an international airport with planes shooting to and from many other areas?

The truth is, REAL cities with a REAL corporate presence require REAL airports with REAL scheduled service. Something that Macon lacks, in addition to many, many other things a REAL city requires.

And with your absolutely sparkling personality and demenor, don't expect too many other posters to respond to anything you say.

I'm used to your arrogant and condescending tone, so it doesn't phase me.
Dude, compared to cities all around this country and even in neighboring states NEITHER Macon or Columbus are "REAL" cities"

Neither of us have "REAL" Airports. If Columbus was such a "REAL" city, then it wouldnt also have most of its "REAL" flights being flown just up the road to Atlanta, like Macon.

I try to stray away from speaking on things I do not know at all or that I am not very informed of.........

so...with that said....while Columbus AND Macon both lack BADLY when compared to other mid-sized cities like Greenville, Charleston, and Chattanooga.....what I DO know is that just between Columbus and Macon...............Columbus did not offer any noticeable, significant increase in amenities than Macon in areas that your average person actually cares about (shopping, entertainment, dining)

I've asked you guys to prove otherwise, and you people have FAILED to tell me the LARGE variety of stores, eateries and night clubs I can enjoy in Columbus that I CANT in Macon. Since it's such a REAL city, then it must crush Macon in all of those areas to a point where it is noticeable. Well, the truth is that it doesnt.

I've named things that people actually care about, and get into on a day to day basis, that Macon has more or similar to offer than Columbus.

You people build Columbus up to be somethin that it is definetly not.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:19 PM

Heck, Warner Robins even has an "upscale" night life option that the "REAL" city of Columbus doesnt even have at all in the entire town!!! My friend who attended Kendrick High in Columbus and now goes to CSU, even mentioned it herself just 2 weeks ago at this one spot I had her check out on Houston Lake in Warner Robins.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:41 PM

38 posts, read 118,796 times
Columbus is about as dead as a town can get.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 PM

726 posts, read 2,818,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Columbus must be embarrassed, that a city of only 90,000+ like Macon has more malls, bigger malls, a better skyline, better interstate access, more night clubs, and even more museums/historic sites to check out than Columbus.

I can speak for younger people, and they were crying in Columbus when an R&B act refused to perform in Columbus, and even made remarks of how small and country it felt. I will admit that it was very distasteful of her, but Columbus natives cried about how that was the biggest concert of the kind that Columbus had ever had, and it shocked me because we always have those in Macon, even have a celebrity Tuesday at one club.................even have 2 mainstream acts from Chicago and Dallas coming here next week with 2 of the top songs on the airwaves right now?

Can Columbus say the same???

Some of you are flat out lying, and/or you probably dont even leave your suburban-like subdivision areas.

I was always out and about in Columbus like I am in Macon...all around town partying (or atleast trying to in Columbus), hanging out, shopping for the nicest gear....and I can tell you Columbus doesnt have anything more to offer than Macon does, and actually has less, in terms of the everyday amenities that the common person actually cares about.

if you can prove me wrong...then post what amenities Columbus offers thaT Macon just cant compare to. Thanks (I know you cant do it though, because they dont exist)

I agree completely 100%...........

Old 07-28-2009, 04:05 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Yeah I used to stay in Macon also. People say that Macon feels bigger than Columbus but it's not true... you can ride from Victory Dr on the southside of Columbus up US 27 to J.R Allen Pkwy and it can take you up to 30mins. There's no part of Macon that you can ride side to side in that time.

Also, Columbus government seems more organized than Macon.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,746 times
I've live in both Macon and Savannah, and Savannah is, by far, the best, although Macon does have its positives. I've driven through Columbus many, many times on my way to New Orleans, and I've never seen anything to make me want to stop.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:48 AM

726 posts, read 2,818,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lansinggirl09 View Post
There's no part of Macon that you can ride side to side in that time.

Also, Columbus government seems more organized than Macon.
That because you drive soooooooooooooo Slow............

Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
That because you drive soooooooooooooo Slow............
No. It's because in reality, Macon really isn't as big as you want/think it is.

Big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia