Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:28 AM

731 posts, read 1,579,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Then why are you so concerened about adult private consentual acts?

Where did I post that I was so concerned about adult private consentual acts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 AM

314 posts, read 414,436 times
you have no empathy these woman are abused. why would you incourage degraded human being anymore if you knew its degrading it would spread a even worse view of woman being able to get sex for money will only make these people believe people can be bought and will respect it to be given to them and these prostitutes are not treated kindly and are even hurt and no system would protect them stop trying to turn abuse into a business

Last edited by mask of thought; 06-22-2010 at 02:03 AM..

Old 06-22-2010, 02:15 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mask of thought View Post
you have no empathy these woman are abused. why would you incourage degraded human being anymore if you knew its degrading it would spread a even worse view of woman being able to get sex for money will only make these people believe people can be bought and will respect it to be given to them and these prostitutes are not treated kindly and are even hurt and no system would protect them stop trying to turn abuse into a business
Then you might as well ban the fast food industry and WalMart as well as all other "degrading" jobs.....

Old 06-22-2010, 02:18 AM

its not degrading its a job to get you started its not spreading your legs and selling yourself the body is a piece of art that cant be sold or a toy for that matter

Old 06-22-2010, 04:31 AM

25 posts, read 63,494 times
Why should prostitution be legalized? It will only hinder the rehabilitation scheme for those women who want to come out from that field. You can make some law, but you cannot change the general attitude of the society towards the sex workers. The society has never looked upon them in a healthy manner, and legalizing won't make any difference in future.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,320 times
I have never found a good reason to outlaw prostitution. If men or women want to sell their bodies for sex, why not? IMO, it would be a happier place if frustrated men can go into a brothel to release some tension and not ring someone's neck in traffic. Besides, if I was single and feeling a little need for some loven then whose business is it?
Legalized prostitution is a good thing.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:41 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mask of thought View Post
its not degrading its a job to get you started its not spreading your legs and selling yourself the body is a piece of art that cant be sold or a toy for that matter
But aren't you trying to force your opinion of what is degrading on others? Shouldn't it be up for them to decide whether it's degrading and to what level?

Many people feel it would be degrading to clean sewers or empty portable toilets, should we protect these people too?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,294 times
The government doesn't own your body, as Roe vs Wade settled in the courts. So why do some people who support Roe vs Wade all of sudden exclude prostitution?

Legalization works in Nevada so what the problem here? You own your own body and the government has no right to tell what you can or can't do with it.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:15 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
Where did I post that I was so concerned about adult private consentual acts?
BY saying this you are either concerned what others do or just like to control people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
From the information you have given, I am going to say no to legalizing prostitution.

Why is it up to the government to decide what private adult consensual acts people are able to do?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
But aren't you trying to force your opinion of what is degrading on others? Shouldn't it be up for them to decide whether it's degrading and to what level?

Many people feel it would be degrading to clean sewers or empty portable toilets, should we protect these people too?
yes but why incourage it this society is supposed to raise people with respect for themself and actually give back to society selling your body
is not giving back not only does it give people the wrong idea adout sex and a poor understanding of a relationship. also your not in the room when there interacting so whos says they are not hurt during intercourse. i have a friend in the navy these guys go out to these hoa houses and when they come back dont understand why the woman on the ship wont sleep with them and theres plenty of other jobs its your choice the job you have you apply dont you and forceing my opion would be giveing you no reason why i disagree. earning money going that low for money is a very bad examaple for the generations to come
you want that? uneducated because theres no need for a education to have sex i would disagree to other jobs as well sweat shop for examaple.

Last edited by mask of thought; 06-22-2010 at 09:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates