Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:52 AM

261 posts, read 668,615 times

Advertisements

There are a million arguments, mainly that it beenfits dangerous drug dealers. But to me, it just furthers the police state. Once marijuana is legalized, police will be able to force you to take blood test to test if you are high. Thats the last thing we need is police pulling people into to determine if they are high when they can just have allergies or 100 other things that can make them suspect people of being high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Thats really not much of an argument. There are a number of diagnostic tests that do not require a phlebotomist to test for weed. Besides the police can pull you in under suspicion of being drunk or high even if you aren't.

And how would legalizing a drug beenfit dangerous drug dealers?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:35 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
We already have drug testing here for drivers and in places of employment.

We've had random breathe testing for alcohol for a long time and random drug testing the last few years. If it gets people to stop driving under the influence I'm all for it. Some people are incapable of common sense.

Random roadside drug testing | Arrive Alive

Frankly I can't see why the same system that applies to alcohol doesn't apply to marijuana.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:37 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
There are a million arguments, mainly that it beenfits dangerous drug dealers. But to me, it just furthers the police state. Once marijuana is legalized, police will be able to force you to take blood test to test if you are high. Thats the last thing we need is police pulling people into to determine if they are high when they can just have allergies or 100 other things that can make them suspect people of being high.
Some states are already doing that with alcohol, so whats the difference?

Also, how would legalizing it help drug dealers? The only reason drug dealers are selling it now is because it is illegal. If it were legalized, the price would drop, and there would be no reason for "dangerous drug dealers" to sell.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:32 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,329,611 times
Man, let's legalize all forms of drugs: mushrooms, opium, heroin, marijuana, cocaine, Ecstasy, etc. That way Americans can get high, stay high, and forget about all of their problems: underwater mortgages, shrinking job opportunities, stagnant wages, fat-cat CEOs laughing all the way to the bank, irresponsible politicians, etc. ad nauseum. All problems solved when you are too high to think, know, feel, act, resolve,.....

Old 08-12-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Man, let's legalize all forms of drugs: mushrooms, opium, heroin, marijuana, cocaine, Ecstasy, etc. That way Americans can get high, stay high, and forget about all of their problems: underwater mortgages, shrinking job opportunities, stagnant wages, fat-cat CEOs laughing all the way to the bank, irresponsible politicians, etc. ad nauseum. All problems solved when you are too high to think, know, feel, act, resolve,.....
Communist, trying to tell me what I can and can't do with my body. How about you worry about yourself?

I've got news for you, people have been doing those things, and getting drunk for years now. All over the world as well, and the world hasn't fallen apart yet.

I'm not lazy, I'm not stupid, and I'm not poor, but I smoke pot. So am I the exception to the rule, hell no, most of the smokers I know are normal everyday Americans.

Go back and worry about your own little world, I'm sure you've got more to clean up there, without worrying about me. I'll be just fine without you watching out for me, k

Old 08-12-2009, 05:43 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
I don't even smoke it or have any desire to ingest it but I can't see why it's considered any better or worse than alcohol and I'm not buying the "slippery slope" argument either.

If people want to smoke it AND clearly they do, I really can't see why all this hoopla has to go on about having it, using it or procurring it.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm not lazy, I'm not stupid, and I'm not poor, but I smoke pot. So am I the exception to the rule, hell no, most of the smokers I know are normal everyday Americans.
I'm pretty lazy, obviously stupid, a bit poor, and I don't smoke pot. Let me add that I'm going through life fat and ugly.

Really though, I've found pot smokers to be more responsible then drinkers. I've tried to manage alcoholics and it doesn't work, with potheads I've had no problem with them being on time and willing to at least listen.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and propose that we legalize pot, enhance our public transportation infrastructure, and increase fines for those who are found to be driving under the influence. Lets make enjoying life easier, but putting others lifes in danger harder.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I'm pretty lazy, obviously stupid, a bit poor, and I don't smoke pot. Let me add that I'm going through life fat and ugly.

Really though, I've found pot smokers to be more responsible then drinkers. I've tried to manage alcoholics and it doesn't work, with potheads I've had no problem with them being on time and willing to at least listen.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and propose that we legalize pot, enhance our public transportation infrastructure, and increase fines for those who are found to be driving under the influence. Lets make enjoying life easier, but putting others lifes in danger harder.
I couldn't agree more!!

Well, except for the your being stupid part. I don't know you well enough to say if you are a lazy or ugly.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I couldn't agree more!!

Well, except for the your being stupid part. I don't know you well enough to say if you are a lazy or ugly.
Trust me. My Dad gave me the same speech as Grandpa Simpson when he told me "Son, I'm not going to lie to you. You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take it."

I don't have to smoke pot to realize a good ride when I see one. Hopefully it will be a strange woman that offers me the ride though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates