Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:58 AM

3,778 posts, read 5,324,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Communist, trying to tell me what I can and can't do with my body. How about you worry about yourself?

I've got news for you, people have been doing those things, and getting drunk for years now. All over the world as well, and the world hasn't fallen apart yet.

I'm not lazy, I'm not stupid, and I'm not poor, but I smoke pot. So am I the exception to the rule, hell no, most of the smokers I know are normal everyday Americans.

Go back and worry about your own little world, I'm sure you've got more to clean up there, without worrying about me. I'll be just fine without you watching out for me, k
Dude, chill man; take a toke on me...........what is with the negative vibes dude??

Man, I had some guy try to tell me that pot smokers are all, like, paranoid or something, and I said, "No way, man; they're like, all kind of cool, you know....."

double k ??

Last edited by Teak; 08-12-2009 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: added icon for friendship
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 AM

751 posts, read 2,480,798 times
jungeon
"Once marijuana is legalized, police will be able to force you to take blood test to test if you are high. "

What you said makes absolutely no sense. If weed is legalized, why would police be able to drug test you? Why would they give a crap if you are high if it is not illegal?

Old 08-12-2009, 07:46 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,772,371 times
Quote:
Communist, trying to tell me what I can and can't do with my body. How about you worry about yourself?

I've got news for you, people have been doing those things, and getting drunk for years now. All over the world as well, and the world hasn't fallen apart yet.

I'm not lazy, I'm not stupid, and I'm not poor, but I smoke pot. So am I the exception to the rule, hell no, most of the smokers I know are normal everyday Americans.

Go back and worry about your own little world, I'm sure you've got more to clean up there, without worrying about me. I'll be just fine without you watching out for me, k
Weed does make it seem like the man is keepin' you down, doesn't it?

Once you have been off the ganj for about 18 months you will start to realize that you were debilitated while you were blazing up, you were a menace when you drove your car high and you were taking ridiculous chances with great legal trouble for a very insignificant reward. Contrary to the opinion that is generally held by any pothead, your brain is not working right if you are regularly or habitually enjoying marijuana. I don't care how functional you are (or think you are), you're operating at diminished capacity if you have THC soaked into all of your fatty tissues.

If you are smart, you will eventually see that I'm right. In the meantime, never carry more than you can eat.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:18 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Weed does make it seem like the man is keepin' you down, doesn't it?

Once you have been off the ganj for about 18 months you will start to realize that you were debilitated while you were blazing up, you were a menace when you drove your car high and you were taking ridiculous chances with great legal trouble for a very insignificant reward. Contrary to the opinion that is generally held by any pothead, your brain is not working right if you are regularly or habitually enjoying marijuana. I don't care how functional you are (or think you are), you're operating at diminished capacity if you have THC soaked into all of your fatty tissues.

If you are smart, you will eventually see that I'm right. In the meantime, never carry more than you can eat.
I don't drive on marijuana, I use it in the privacy of my own home.

I think my mental faculties are working just fine thank you. As I said before, worry about yourself, I'll worry about me.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:19 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Dude, chill man; take a toke on me...........what is with the negative vibes dude??

Man, I had some guy try to tell me that pot smokers are all, like, paranoid or something, and I said, "No way, man; they're like, all kind of cool, you know....."

double k ??
You started it, I was just hitting back.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:39 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,508,814 times
There would be LESS drug testing if weed was legal. I think drug tests are unethical coke stays in your system for 2 days but weed 30. So the dude who does coke will get the job but not they guy who smokes weed. That's not logical at all.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:06 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,772,371 times
Quote:
I don't drive on marijuana, I use it in the privacy of my own home.

I think my mental faculties are working just fine thank you. As I said before, worry about yourself, I'll worry about me.
The only reason I brought up the bit about driving is that I have never met anyone who has smoked or otherwise ingested the purple sticky punch as a personal habit that did not drive while affected by tetrahydrocannibol. I guess you're busting up all kinds of stereotypes today.

I know you think your faculties are working just fine - I did too. The thing is, you've become accustomed to being between 5% and 20% dumber than you were before marijuana strolled into your life and you will be unable to discern extent of the detriment until your brain has resumed normal function.

...And I'm really not worried about you. All smart potheads do eventually grow up.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:16 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,074 times
Economically, I don't think we can keep affording to keep drugs illegal. I did a bit of research and crunched some numbers on my blog a while ago, ( It's time to legalize and legislate drugs | Hamell.net ) and came up with an extremely conservative number of $5,795,000,000 in the drug war. This includes enforcement and incarceration. My gut feeling is that the actual number is much higher because I only used 10% of the budget of several Federal agencies such as the FBI in this number.

But, the OP's original argument is invalid. We will not have any more increase in random, no reason traffic stops because of drug use if legalized. There may be an increase of purposeful traffic stops, but my gut feeling is that wouldn't be much more then a small percentage.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:19 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,132,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
The only reason I brought up the bit about driving is that I have never met anyone who has smoked or otherwise ingested the purple sticky punch as a personal habit that did not drive while affected by tetrahydrocannibol. I guess you're busting up all kinds of stereotypes today.

I know you think your faculties are working just fine - I did too. The thing is, you've become accustomed to being between 5% and 20% dumber than you were before marijuana strolled into your life and you will be unable to discern extent of the detriment until your brain has resumed normal function.

...And I'm really not worried about you. All smart potheads do eventually grow up.
not all potheads grow up---some use pot as an escape to avoid growing up====pot is NO different than alcohol in the harm it does to the body----thc stays in your body longer---plus potheads tend to use alcohol to enhance the high---would never support legalization saw the negative effects of constant pot smoking in my family

Old 08-12-2009, 02:22 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
There are a million arguments, mainly that it beenfits dangerous drug dealers. But to me, it just furthers the police state. Once marijuana is legalized, police will be able to force you to take blood test to test if you are high. Thats the last thing we need is police pulling people into to determine if they are high when they can just have allergies or 100 other things that can make them suspect people of being high.
This is just laughable. Possibly the most absurd thing I've ever read on here.

The drug dealers are in business because it's illegal, and the drug war leads to questionable searches and seizures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates