Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 08:52 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,992 times

Advertisements

[This seems to be a good place to post this. ]

So, Herr Schicklgruber Lived to 95 in Brazil?

If you're up for your daily Elvis sighting, this should get your day going. Read the article @ Hitler escaped Berlin bunker and died in South America, new book claims | Mail Online Britain's National Inquirer and tell us what you think. Oh yeah, thanks to Blogger Gunny for the links

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 10:47 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
If the terrible Treaty of Versailles was never signed, Hitler could have lived a full life without ever rising to power... I don't know about you guys, but I would rather prevent a paper from being signed than kill a baby.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:49 PM

691 posts, read 641,460 times
I would say that it would have made no difference on the intended conspiracy to have killed him as a newborn, they would have chosen someone else to be that necessary to do the same.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:08 AM

836 posts, read 1,662,237 times
Hitler was just misunderstood.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:11 AM

691 posts, read 641,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouskelly View Post
Hitler was just misunderstood.
Good point cause I definitely didn't understand him, he sounded like the Gospel. talking about human beings as dogs and swine, and gathering people up and destroying them like refuse. Like a farmer leading the sheep to slaughter, its coming again so I thank my last days that I didn't give life to a son or a daughter.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:34 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,586,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
There's so many layers to this it just makes my head hurt thinking about it.

Someone once said something along the lines of.. If you consider the odds that you even exist you should fall back and just stare at the sky in pure amazement that you do exist.

What if the phone rang when your parents were having sex and your father paused for a moment.. Might that have changed the one sperm that became you from fertilizing the egg...

Take Hitler out of the equation, WWII likely still happens, but.. Do the death camps? The death camps don't happen, does Israel exist today? If the death camps don't happen, and people don't see the horror and then believe that it CAN happen, does something even worse happen in its place? Put someone just slightly more moderate than Hitler in power, do they stop prior to invading France, and if that doesn't happen, does the US enter the war?

It's just simpler to deal with reality. That's confusing enough for me.
WW2 likely happens because at its heart it was a war of Imperialism just as WW1 was before it. All of the causes are still in place. Removing some of the actors, even extremely influential ones, won't change much.

Something else to consider: Does Germany lose the war given how instrumental Hitler's involvement was in many of the decisions that accelerated Germany's defeat?

Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
[quote=Q-tip motha;33203508]
Something else to consider: Does Germany lose the war given how instrumental Hitler's involvement was in many of the decisions that accelerated Germany's defeat?[

Yeah, would have a more rational leader turned on the Soviets, or declared war on the USA after Pearl Harbor

Old 01-28-2014, 02:43 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,511,066 times
Interesting thread. As a member of the Advanced Guard of the TRUE Postwar Baby Boom (those of us who were conceived ON or AFTER V-J Day), I have studied WWII and its precursors fairly extensively. The Third Reich, with Hitler at its head, was nothing more or less than a product of the harsh terms of the Treaty of Versailles.

If you are Doctor Who, and you want to use your Tardis to really change world history, the answer is simple. Just go back to that railroad car where the Treaty of Versailles was crafted, and do whatever is necessary to ensure that the final treaty ensured/protected the dignity and long-term survival of the German people. Should you succeed, Adolf Hitler will simply be a WWI veteran just like hundreds of thousands of others. Period. Paragraph. End of Story.

Talk about "leverage".........

Old 01-28-2014, 02:59 PM

72 posts, read 83,230 times
Funny thread. President Roosevelt was given photos & other evidence of the Holocaust occurring and he did absolutely nothing. What is the Americans love affair with Hitler.....the man they did very little to stop.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:03 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,251 times
I would just go back in time with a black magic marker, and draw that mustache on him when he was a baby. Everyone would have found him so adorable that he wouldn't have suffered self esteem issues and the war never would have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates