Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 04:36 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
In the U.S. it is ONLY a white issue.
I suppose under your gerrymandered definition this may be so. Understand your view is not universally accepted because of its obvious limits. Understanding racism means understanding the whole problem. It is a lot more dynamic than you believe it to be if you truly believe it to be only a white issue. Denial of a problem doesn't rule it no longer a problem and a limited understanding of the issue such as yours only serves to ensure the problem furthers its existence.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:20 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I suppose under your gerrymandered definition this may be so. Understand your view is not universally accepted because of its obvious limits. Understanding racism means understanding the whole problem. It is a lot more dynamic than you believe it to be if you truly believe it to be only a white issue. Denial of a problem doesn't rule it no longer a problem and a limited understanding of the issue such as yours only serves to ensure the problem furthers its existence.
Wrong. Every human feels his own is the best, but not every human is a savage that feels he/she has to enslave others.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Wrong. Every human feels his own is the best, but not every human is a savage that feels he/she has to enslave others.
First, this response is not a logically sound reply to my post you quoted. You're not on point with this one.

Secondly, and since you've alluded to this already, I challenge you to support your claim. NOTE: Your opinion does not constitute valide support for your claim that "every human feels his own is the best." Let's see some definitive evidence. Otherwise this is just your opinion, real only to you and those whose views on the matter happen to align to yours.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:59 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
First, this response is not a logically sound reply to my post you quoted. You're not on point with this one.

Secondly, and since you've alluded to this already, I challenge you to support your claim. NOTE: Your opinion does not constitute valide support for your claim that "every human feels his own is the best." Let's see some definitive evidence. Otherwise this is just your opinion, real only to you and those whose views on the matter happen to align to yours.
Read the history of the U.S. Here, I have the perfect book for you:

U.S. History Uncensored: What Your High School Textbook Didn't Tell You: Carolyn Baker: 9780595395866: Amazon.com: Books

Old 07-16-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Fair enough. Some people would have tried to actually support their own position rather than avoid the question by posting a link to amazon, but I suppose I'll have to take what I can get. I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to understand. It's okay to have your opinion. Where you are wrong is your belief that your opinion is universal. It's not.

Also, I've read plenty of U.S. history. Even in a study and analysis of history there is disagreement. In other words, even your source is not definitive support for your claim.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:51 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Since the same points keep being brought up over and over, and it's descended into a spat, it's time to close the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates