Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 12:40 AM

595 posts, read 368,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired at 44 View Post
This is partly true but completely misleading. I agree that US intervention in the Middle East was the catalyst, but the motivation is that we are Infidel. There is a Holy Commandment to kill all Infidel. The West and the East are Infidel and must be killed, according to Islamic faith and doctrine. For Islam, there can be no middle ground. It is a Holy War. There can be no peace. There can be no co-existence.
No the motivation to the attack the U.S. is not because we are infidels in their eyes. The reason that has been stated over and over again by OBL, Anwar Al-Alawaki, etc.. is because of what the U.S. does in the Middle East. Supporting dictators in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, UAE, Kuwait, Eygpt, etc.., unlimited support for Israel in the Israel/Palestine conflict, occupying countries and infringing on their sovereignty (Iraq and Syria), and needlessly involving the U.S. in internal Middle Eastern conflicts(Syria, Libya, Iraq, Yemen).

The same commandment is in the Bible too to convert or kill those that are not of the Christian faith. While Anwar Al-Alawaki and OBL were Muslim, they have repeatedly stated they want to force the U.S., and any other power out of the region that tried to interfere in it. Same thing Ho Chi Minh, and the Vietcong fought the French, and later the U.S. in Vietnam. At the same time Indonesia is a majority Muslim country, but not once has Indonesia tried to fight Australia because Australia was not an Islamic country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 11:55 AM

31,045 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Since creating Israel all we've managed to do is continually **** off just about every other nation in that area. Had Israel never been created would we have better relations with those people in the middle east?

I get that Israel is supposed to be the "Jewish home" or what have you, but is it really worth it when just about all of your neighbors would love nothing more than to see you dead?

Personally, I think it would've been better for everyone had we given the Jews their own little Jewish island, like Madagascar for example. They get their own little island to call their own and we don't have to deal with everyone and their mom in the middle east wanting to kill us and fly planes into buildings.

As an American it has really bothered me how we have to suffer just because Jews have made enemies wherever they've gone. When 9/11 happened the terrorists should have been in Israel not America. Israel can be hit by a nuke sent by mecha-Hitler for all I care, I just hate how ever since WWII all the Jews' problems have become ours!

And no, since there is no such thing as a "god" Jews do not have a "right" to any land. I am very convinced that creating Israel was one of the worst mistakes in human history.

So what do you think? If Israel were to never have existed would we be on better terms with other ME countries?
Was creating the modern boundries of Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Kuwait a mistake? Was creating the USA, Mexico or Canada a mistake? Boundries of every country in this world evolve and will never remain static.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:34 AM

6 posts, read 4,692 times
Israel wasn't so much created, the mandate expired and Jews in British Palestine declared independence in a territory they comprised 52% of the population with the other 48% not wanting to be part of a "jewish homeland"

Old 11-03-2014, 11:25 AM

31,045 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH98 View Post
Israel wasn't so much created, the mandate expired and Jews in British Palestine declared independence in a territory they comprised 52% of the population with the other 48% not wanting to be part of a "jewish homeland"

And the Muslim countries around them couldn't stand a non-Islamic state being formed in an area that the Islamist had conquered, which leads us to what we have today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates