Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 07:36 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
Love your post. I agree that we all have some mixed blood in some way or another but the infatuation is unbearable. I mean if two people of different races want to be together and have kids so be it but why does it have to be so in your face and constantly talked about by the media. I live in California and I see many mixed couples and some have kids and that is great as long as their happy but trust many do it because it is trendy.

They do it so people such as yourself might go to a Starbuck's and start a conversation about it. you did so here, no?

Old 04-08-2015, 07:41 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,630,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
This media obsession with being "mixed" is just the 2k way of saying lighter skin is better, because the reality is that miscegenation is not a new phenomenon, more whites just accept it now, and push their infatuation mainstream...
Spot on with this post!

Old 04-08-2015, 07:46 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
Quote:
The media is playing a role though. I would love not to listen to the media but I have to get my news from some where and no matter where you turn the topic will be brought up somehow. It will always be the census predicts that the USA will be majority non-white and mixed, etc. Why do you think there is a fascination with a no talent Kim Kardashian? She is a ugly and was not the first to have a celebrity sex tape but the media helped her become famous because of her being with black guys. The media has been selling it to make it trendy. I am glad that you do what you want but many do it to seem cool.
KK made millions of dollars for being reality star and has a lot business venues.
Paris Hilton did the same thing without a black guy.
WHO CARES , WHAT CONSENTING ADULTS ON THEIR FREETIME?
I DO NOT

Old 04-08-2015, 07:47 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Congratulations! You pulled the first race card!
I did not, just I am trying to help him

Old 04-08-2015, 07:50 PM

5,822 posts, read 5,627,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
I'm really surprised the "average Latino" is 76% European, that seems awfully high. Maybe with Argentinians/Uruguayans, Costa Ricans, and some Cubans, otherwise no. I'm also inclined to believe that a significantly higher percentage of white Americans than 4.5% have black or native ancestry somewhere along the line.
Actually, I am too, on both counts. I don't know where to place it, but I would assume closer to 10% of whites are of black or native ancestry, maybe even more. And the only way I figure that Hispanics on average are only 6% black, is if most of the Hispanics in this study were Mexican descent---we all know Mexico didn't receive the same amount of African emigration as other Soanish speaking countries. Otherwise, yeah, I'd agree that 6% black and 18% natives seems kinda low for Hisoanics as a group. Yet, we all know most Hispanics, even those with clear African features/genes, will not claim themselves as black, or even having black ancestry...

Old 04-08-2015, 08:35 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Whenever I read a magazine or newspaper or watch TV I see so much talk of how this country is becoming so mixed and how beautiful mixed race children are (as if non-mixed children are not). I am genuinely curious why the media loves this and what agenda are they pushing. In the latest 2060 census it states that mixed race will account for 6% of the country up from like 2% currently. That is relatively small % but if you would listen to the media they make it sound as if 50% of the country is going to be mixed. If you don't believe me read this article. There is such a push to promote it that it is sickening. And no I am not against interracial unions (my fiance is Colombian) but the constant in your face talk about it is tiresome and annoying.What do you all make of this?

National Geographic Determined What Americans Will Look Like in 2050, and It's Beautiful - Mic

I think this is just another liberal agenda push or maybe a push for Globalist agenda. As for me I'm already mixed, not because of being American but because my parents ancestry in Guyana South America thanks to Portuguese, Asian Indian, English/Irish and African heritages. I'm happy to know that Americans are going to look like me in the future. Mixed race is nothing me and has been going on for a long while. People are mainly mixed race due to wars that have been fought, conquest such as the Greeks onto the Middle East and Western Europe, Mongols conquering everything east and west. To the Spanish conquest of the Americas along with the slave trade, and as of recently the British Empire. Wars and global trade markets create mixed race persons.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:36 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
The media caters to the president who is mixed. He may notice a specific news person and invite him/her to a White House dinner, so they want that to happen. The media patterns behavior after Stepin Fetchit. They aim to please Progressives.

People can push for everyone to be considered mixed. It will be a long time before it's true. Maybe someday is the very distant future, but not in the lifetime of anyone alive today.

My mother-in-law denied being part Cherokee and told everyone she was Black Dutch. Some people couldn't accept being part American Indian. Nowadays, it's different from the years back then. But, there is still an ongoing battle between Cherokees and the Freedmen, which are Cherokee mixed with black. Freedmen want to be part of the Cherokee Nation, but the Cherokee Nation says no.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:10 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Good for the OP to phrase it more gently than last time where it was an all out attack on mixed race people and non whites.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:34 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Whenever I read a magazine or newspaper or watch TV I see so much talk of how this country is becoming so mixed and how beautiful mixed race children are (as if non-mixed children are not). I am genuinely curious why the media loves this and what agenda are they pushing. In the latest 2060 census it states that mixed race will account for 6% of the country up from like 2% currently. That is relatively small % but if you would listen to the media they make it sound as if 50% of the country is going to be mixed. If you don't believe me read this article. There is such a push to promote it that it is sickening. And no I am not against interracial unions (my fiance is Colombian) but the constant in your face talk about it is tiresome and annoying.What do you all make of this?

National Geographic Determined What Americans Will Look Like in 2050, and It's Beautiful - Mic

It's gets on my nerves too.

What's worse is that people don't find you interesting, unless you're mixed. A typical question that everybody gets here in NYC is "what is your nationality/ethnicity? ", and they are obviously dissapointed when I tell them, "american black". I get compared to Obama often, and it inevitably leads to them asking me if one of my parents is white. I sharply answer "No." trying my best not to seem annoyed.

It's not cool to be plain old black or just white these days, and also not from some other "exotic" country.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:35 PM

67 posts, read 88,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I think this is just another liberal agenda push or maybe a push for Globalist agenda. As for me I'm already mixed, not because of being American but because my parents ancestry in Guyana South America thanks to Portuguese, Asian Indian, English/Irish and African heritages. I'm happy to know that Americans are going to look like me in the future. Mixed race is nothing me and has been going on for a long while. People are mainly mixed race due to wars that have been fought, conquest such as the Greeks onto the Middle East and Western Europe, Mongols conquering everything east and west. To the Spanish conquest of the Americas along with the slave trade, and as of recently the British Empire. Wars and global trade markets create mixed race persons.
How on Earth are Americans going to look like you when it is projected that only 6% will be mixed in 2060. That is still a very small %. The USA will be more like Mexico and Colombia which are different than Guayana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates