Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 09:39 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
Whenever I read a magazine or newspaper or watch TV I see so much talk of how this country is becoming so mixed and how beautiful mixed race children are (as if non-mixed children are not). I am genuinely curious why the media loves this and what agenda are they pushing. In the latest 2060 census it states that mixed race will account for 6% of the country up from like 2% currently. That is relatively small % but if you would listen to the media they make it sound as if 50% of the country is going to be mixed. If you don't believe me read this article. There is such a push to promote it that it is sickening. And no I am not against interracial unions (my fiance is Colombian) but the constant in your face talk about it is tiresome and annoying.What do you all make of this?

National Geographic Determined What Americans Will Look Like in 2050, and It's Beautiful - Mic
That's funny. This is the first time I have heard that at all.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:40 PM

67 posts, read 88,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
It's gets on my nerves too.

What's worse is that people don't find you interesting, unless you're mixed. A typical question that everybody gets here in NYC is "what is your nationality/ethnicity? ", and they are obviously dissapointed when I tell them, "american black". I get compared to Obama often, and it inevitably leads to them asking me if one of my parents is white. I sharply answer "No." trying my best not to seem annoyed.

It's not cool to be plain old black or just white these days, and also not from some other "exotic" country.
Exactly my friend. Being mixed or not should not matter. Things should happen naturally without some fixation on race-mixing for the sake of it to be cool or trendy. Everyone is beautiful in my eyes.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:00 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Closed for moderation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates