Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 05:19 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,661,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownewave View Post
I have to say yes. Cuba once was a paradise but was tainted by Marxists such as Castro, who had the ingratitude to threaten war against the same country that armed Cuba during its independence struggle with Spain. And countries such as Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Venezuela have all become strongly anti-America (and anti-Israel) following the lead of the nasty Soviet puppet (now a Chinese puppet?) that is Cuba. And while the Vietnam War was devastating to both Vietnam and the Americans who served there, I really think the hippies and liberals erred in siding with North Vietnam in that conflict. I believe Lyndon Johnson erred by invading Vietnam and not Cuba, but LBJ was right in believing the South Vietnamese struggle for freedom from communism was equal to the African American struggle for civil rights at home, especially in the Southern states.

'Cuba was once a paradise' one of the most ignorant statements I have read. If a paradise why did the people revolt? It was only a paradise for the rich land owners and generals that the dictator Batista aligned himself with or that supported him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 05:56 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
What truce? The administration is considering opening trade. That's it.

We have open trade with other nations who are much more dangerous or problematic than Cuba.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:07 PM

389 posts, read 330,173 times
Normal relations with Cuba are long overdue. I would rather for the US to have good relations with Cuba than for certain other countries to cozy up to them again. Also, that may be the best way to effect change. The embargo approach certainly hasn't worked.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:38 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,482 times
It's fun to see how people here deplore softening relation with the tyrant Castro but have nothing to say about the US role in topping most of South American governments into fascist dictatorships.
Let's also not forget who Batista was and how heavy mafia presence was in the island.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:20 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I think he has to ignore the human rights abuses which was once a platform stance of democrats .Huge change with Obama. In fact liberals pretty much think no abuse of human right internationally isn't their business. In time that will have consequences just like always;IMO.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:40 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
Jack Paar was host of the "Tonight" show years ago and the night Castro appeared on that show Jack Paar was so excited he all but kissed Castro's feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates