Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM

404 posts, read 385,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The earth will be roasted to a cinder by a bloated sun.

That's not happening anytime soon, so no need to change your vacation plans.

Earth Won't Die as Soon as Thought | Science/AAAS | News
Whew! Thank goodness. I'd really like to go to Jamaica again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 02:50 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,094,372 times
I think one big boom will take away the life on earth. I have no idea when that will happen but hopefully before we run out of water and the ability to produce food. Water shortages are already taking place. Kansas has had drought conditions for years and the aquifer in western KS is on its last legs and they are raising cattle out there and processing it which will surely hurry it along. Haven't they been fighting over water in the Colorado River for some time now?

"The Rapture"? I know several people making predictions that the end is near and that they are "going". Since I am not a Christian, I will be staying here but, once they are gone, I will only miss a couple of them. Thank God, most don't know that I am not planning to make the trip with them.

The sun is not acting right. I don't have scientific words or theories on it but this being my 60th year of life, what I see and keep telling my husband (rapture ready he is ) is that it is like the sun is shorting out like when an electrical or electronic device is in its final days.

I checked out the Yellowstone thing awhile back and we would get devoured by that.

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it but when I do, I am glad that I am 60 years old instead of 20 years old.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:01 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
\
Sewage disposal
In many parts of the world, sewage flows untreated, or under-treated, into the ocean. For example, 80% of urban sewage discharged into the Mediterranean Sea is untreated.

This sewage can also lead to eutrophication. In addition, it can cause human disease and lead to beach closures.
WWF - Marine problems: Pollution

got a source for the sewage into the Mediterranean comment?

Old 05-26-2015, 03:17 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
It will burn.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:28 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,689,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
I certainly wish your silly Rapture would happen, taking all of you evangelicals and religious nuts away; and making room for us humanists that actually have an interest preserving this beautiful sphere and its living beings.
I was perfectly nice and respectful in my post, would expect the same. Coming from you though, no surprise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates