Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:50 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I wonder if the idea that Jews' suffering far outweighed the suffering of other groups is mostly an American thing. Because there's a large influential American Jewish population and many people over here have limited knowledge of Europe. For example, I've never met any Gypsies and knew almost nothing about other countries accepting Jewish refugees during the war. Just from a logistical standpoint (distance and naval warfare), it was hard to get Jews across the ocean in WWII.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
It isn't just an American thing. Asking legitimate questions about "THE Holocaust" in Europe will get you thrown in jail. But certainly the Jewish influence(that is, stranglehold) on American mass media has a lot to do with it. And as link the provided by richrf points out, what better way to divert attention from the Jews own participation in genocide(Russian Revolution, Palestine) than to constantly promote themselves as history's foremost victims?
I'll take goodheathen and TMB together. I call out the veiled anti-Semitism in railing against Jewish media influence. You write as if t hat influence was unearned.

Jews culturally have strong families. Homework takes up about 60% or more of the waking time of Jewish families between school and bedtime. Probably a lot more. Jews also have a pattern, albeit not universal, of avoiding divorce and single parenthood. Those, our children go to college and into professions. The Jewish people in those professions along with non-Jews have earned every bit of influence that we have.

In fact, in light of quote systems that once deliberately kept Jewish numbers low, and affirmative action programs that have the same result, we have earned more influence than we have. We fight against the constant canards of "a large influential American Jewish population" (quote from goodheathen) or "the Jewish influence(that is, stranglehold) on American mass media" (quote from The Mysterious Benefactor). Develop the talent and get into those institutions. As for The Mysterious Benefactor's reference to Jewish participation in genocide their struggles with the Bolsheviks in the Russian Revolution (which I disagree with) and in Palestine (which I proudly support) these were not Orlando-style massacres of helpless people. The Nazi Holocaust was.

In substance, stop whining about the Jews. Take our example, equal or better our accomplishments, and then complain if you're excluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
The Revolutionary War refers to the Totality of the War, not some slice of it.There is no such thing as The Slavery that refers to slavery of African Americans pre-Civil War. And there is no World War II that refers to some slice of that war. However, there is a peculiar slicing and dicing of the genocide that the Nazi perpetrated on 35 million people, a trademarking of one particular slice that is capitalized and used for perpetual money making enterprises. Money that does not go to survivors but somehow ends up in the coffers of some ingenious marketing types. Now, who has the agenda?

Never again??? It's happening once again in many parts of the world. Hmmm ... maybe those people just don't deserve our attention.
No other groups were slated for extermination. Also the Jews fought proudly as Germans in WW I. Did the gypsies? And is anyone stopping the gypsies from organizing the way Jews have in light of the liberation of their homelands in Europe from the Communists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 04:20 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,631,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

No other groups were slated for extermination. Also the Jews fought proudly as Germans in WW I. Did the gypsies? And is anyone stopping the gypsies from organizing the way Jews have in light of the liberation of their homelands in Europe from the Communists?
Lots of groups were slated for extermination. The goal for Nazis was Lebensraum.

Right, every group should organize for money. It's not about the horror of genocide, it's all about getting money. That's what makes it all so icky and despicable.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:11 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
No doubt you get pissed as well when Americans use the term "The Revolutionary War", like that's the only revolutionary war in history - or even the first right? Or when blacks use the term slavery to only refer to African-American slavery in the US despite the prior, contemporary and present existence of slavery all over the world.
We've already addressed that. Read the thread and get back to me.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I'll take goodheathen and TMB together. I call out the veiled anti-Semitism in railing against Jewish media influence. You write as if t hat influence was unearned.

Jews culturally have strong families. Homework takes up about 60% or more of the waking time of Jewish families between school and bedtime. Probably a lot more. Jews also have a pattern, albeit not universal, of avoiding divorce and single parenthood. Those, our children go to college and into professions. The Jewish people in those professions along with non-Jews have earned every bit of influence that we have.

In fact, in light of quote systems that once deliberately kept Jewish numbers low, and affirmative action programs that have the same result, we have earned more influence than we have. We fight against the constant canards of "a large influential American Jewish population" (quote from goodheathen) or "the Jewish influence(that is, stranglehold) on American mass media" (quote from The Mysterious Benefactor). Develop the talent and get into those institutions. As for The Mysterious Benefactor's reference to Jewish participation in genocide their struggles with the Bolsheviks in the Russian Revolution (which I disagree with) and in Palestine (which I proudly support) these were not Orlando-style massacres of helpless people. The Nazi Holocaust was.

In substance, stop whining about the Jews. Take our example, equal or better our accomplishments, and then complain if you're excluded.
Please don't put words in my mouth. At no time did I suggest that Jewish success or influence was unearned. But their dominance of American mass media is not simply a canard; it's demonstrably true. The problem is that they use this disproportionate influence to further the interests of "the tribe" and Israel, at the expense of the US and the American people. "THE Holocaust" is a good example of this. If the media told the truth about Jewish actions in our world wars, and most recently in Palestine, the American support for Israel would vanish.

And to say that Palestinian civilians haven't been massacred "Orlando-style" from 1948 forward is a preposterous claim. Your audacity is staggering. Surely you're aware that anyone can Google this and in 5 minutes find multiple sources to prove you wrong.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Please don't put words in my mouth. At no time did I suggest that Jewish success or influence was unearned. But their dominance of American mass media is not simply a canard; it's demonstrably true. The problem is that they use this disproportionate influence to further the interests of "the tribe" and Israel, at the expense of the US and the American people. "THE Holocaust" is a good example of this. If the media told the truth about Jewish actions in our world wars, and most recently in Palestine, the American support for Israel would vanish.

And to say that Palestinian civilians haven't been massacred "Orlando-style" from 1948 forward is a preposterous claim. Your audacity is staggering. Surely you're aware that anyone can Google this and in 5 minutes find multiple sources to prove you wrong.
In private what Jewish congregations brag about they deny vehemently in public. The disconnect is numbing and meanwhile genocides go on.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:24 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Quote:

Don't lump me in with him. I don't regard Jews as undesirables. Hysteria takes debates to the gutter. Sticking to the facts, it's hard to dispute that the Jewish population has long been influential in the USA relative to its size. (And by "large," I meant compared to other Jewish populations in the world.) Furthermore, re gypsies, it's my understanding they were targeted for extermination in Germany but not in the whole world.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
In private what Jewish congregations brag about they deny vehemently in public. The disconnect is numbing and meanwhile genocides go on.
Very true. But sometimes, we get a peek behind the curtain:

Jews Boast of Owning Hollywood

Old 06-17-2016, 08:43 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Right, every group should organize for money. It's not about the horror of genocide, it's all about getting money. That's what makes it all so icky and despicable.
That is as revolting a statement as any I've read. The Shoah is absolutely a defining event of modern Jewry, as much as the Bar Kochba and Maccabean rebellion of years gone by. Not quite on a par with the giving of the Ten Commandments.
Quote:
How do you know what we brag about in congregations. I go quite frequently to services. I never hear congregational bragging, other than tonight's congratulatory service to high school graduates.

Quote:
Please don't put words in my mouth. At no time did I suggest that Jewish success or influence was unearned. But their dominance of American mass media is not simply a canard; it's demonstrably true....The problem is that they use this disproportionate influence to further the interests of "the tribe" and Israel, at the expense of the US and the American people. "THE Holocaust" is a good example of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Sticking to the facts, it's hard to dispute that the Jewish population has long been influential in the USA relative to its size.
What should we do to equalize it? Start encouraging our children to drop out, deal drugs, and have babies out of wedlock?

Quote:
If the media told the truth about Jewish actions in our world wars, and most recently in Palestine, the American support for Israel would vanish.
What do you say we did during the World Wars?

Quote:
We do not generally seek out helpless civilians to kill.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
That is as revolting a statement as any I've read. The Shoah is absolutely a defining event of modern Jewry, as much as the Bar Kochba and Maccabean rebellion of years gone by. Not quite on a par with the giving of the Ten Commandments.How do you know what we brag about in congregations. I go quite frequently to services. I never hear congregational bragging, other than tonight's congratulatory service to high school graduate.
The defining event for Jewry is their complicity in the destruction of the Palestinian population. The WWII genocide of 55 million people was the defining moment for German Nazism. Actions define a person and a culture. In no way did the genocide define my parents. What defined them was their survival and the disgust they shared for Jewish organizations that profit from the deaths of millions. That pretty much sums up the extent that these Jewish organizations have anything to do with genocide - they collect money. They certainly do nothing to prevent it.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:06 PM

I want to be very clear about one very important point. The German goal of WW Ii and the millions that were killed by the Nazis was Lebensraum, that is the forcible annexation of land from former inhabitants and the destruction of those owners so there can be no future claim. Every country on Europe was affected as was every ethnicity. Had the war been won by the Nazis, more land would have been annexed and more people would have been either annihilated or forced into slave labor.

Other countries fought similar wars before and after WWII with varying degrees of success. 90% of Tutsis were most recently killed in Rwanda and that was just the beginning of the Congo region genocide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates