Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 01:26 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,487,785 times

Advertisements

It's pretty simple...if you DON'T want to get hit...DON'T hit first...doesn't matter who you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 02:25 PM

57 posts, read 60,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post

This with using physical force too when needed, limit it to minimum force. If more needed to save your life then use it.

But it is excuse to use someone as your buncing bag if you fight agains a male when there is a female.

I don't accep going physical but I don't accept resbonding by revengeful overpower either.

Exactly what I said in my post. A woman acts inappropriately and shoves you is not ok but to respond to that by knocking her teeth out is disgusting and deplorable.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:28 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,040,154 times
I have seen women that are husky & strong as a big man. Very unappealing.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:39 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,541,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I have seen women that are husky & strong as a big man. Very unappealing.
Agreed I've seen strong and husky women that fight like men

I've seen an Australian girl head butt a flash fella for trying it on she was mental lol

Old 08-18-2015, 03:14 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,141,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
When I was growing up, I was always taught to never hit a woman. I'm a pretty strong guy and definitley know how to defend myself, but I usually avoid physical confrontation with other dudes because it's not worth the headache. Personally, I would only consider striking a woman, if it was life or death. Too many other options in my book. However, I have noticed that sometimes women exploit this type of thinking and go out of their way to escalate a situation physically. When, are lines crossed, and self defense become necessary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3TVZ1QYwjA
I think everyone should be able to defend themselves. But when it comes to self defense against a woman, a man's response needs to be proportional due to a their overwhelming strength. For example if a woman slaps you and you turn around and knock her head off, the response is closer to retaliation than to self defense.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:18 PM

16,641 posts, read 8,643,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
When I was growing up, I was always taught to never hit a woman. I'm a pretty strong guy and definitley know how to defend myself, but I usually avoid physical confrontation with other dudes because it's not worth the headache. Personally, I would only consider striking a woman, if it was life or death. Too many other options in my book. However, I have noticed that sometimes women exploit this type of thinking and go out of their way to escalate a situation physically. When, are lines crossed, and self defense become necessary?
For starters, you should edit your OP and issue a warning on that video, as it contains very vulgar language and disturbing images.

Aside from that I find the video disturbing in several fronts, not the least of which is that women, influenced by Hollywood, think they can and should physically attack other people.
The number of female assault cases has exploded in the last couple decades, and I believe there is a direct cause and effect in what they watch on TV and in the movies. Most do not realize the GI Jane type movies are total fabrications. Another major contributing factor are unsupervised kids typically being raised by single mothers who are not taught how to be a lady, or the difference between a lady and a _________ (fill in your own pejorative)
Another disturbing aspect of that video is related to the way the guys acted, in many cases attacking the females in a revengeful way.
Another words they were not striking the woman as she was attacking, rather they had time to think about it and then went after them. In some instances it seemed as if others were shaming them for having been "beaten by a girl" so they decided to "prove their manhood".
In those situations, the guys would be headed to the hospital if any real men were standing around, because they would knock the teeth out of the punks who manhandled a woman.

Having been raised old school, like what was portrayed in the clips from the 1950's, I would not and have not ever harmed a girl/woman.
That said in answer to your question, hitting a woman in self defense (genuine self defense, not tit for tat) would presumably be permissible if no other resource were at the guys disposal. An example would be if a woman was attacking/harming your child, and the only way to thwart the attack was to physically engage her.
Since you started out the thread by saying you can handle yourself, then you know there are ways to stop an attacker in a defensive manner without inflicting serious injury to them. That is what I'd suggest until you could make an exit to get away from the woman who was out of control.

`

Old 08-18-2015, 06:20 PM

601 posts, read 460,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
For starters, you should edit your OP and issue a warning on that video, as it contains very vulgar language and disturbing images.

Aside from that I find the video disturbing in several fronts, not the least of which is that women, influenced by Hollywood, think they can and should physically attack other people.
The number of female assault cases has exploded in the last couple decades, and I believe there is a direct cause and effect in what they watch on TV and in the movies. Most do not realize the GI Jane type movies are total fabrications. Another major contributing factor are unsupervised kids typically being raised by single mothers who are not taught how to be a lady, or the difference between a lady and a _________ (fill in your own pejorative)
Another disturbing aspect of that video is related to the way the guys acted, in many cases attacking the females in a revengeful way.
Another words they were not striking the woman as she was attacking, rather they had time to think about it and then went after them. In some instances it seemed as if others were shaming them for having been "beaten by a girl" so they decided to "prove their manhood".
In those situations, the guys would be headed to the hospital if any real men were standing around, because they would knock the teeth out of the punks who manhandled a woman.

Having been raised old school, like what was portrayed in the clips from the 1950's, I would not and have not ever harmed a girl/woman.
That said in answer to your question, hitting a woman in self defense (genuine self defense, not tit for tat) would presumably be permissible if no other resource were at the guys disposal. An example would be if a woman was attacking/harming your child, and the only way to thwart the attack was to physically engage her.
Since you started out the thread by saying you can handle yourself, then you know there are ways to stop an attacker in a defensive manner without inflicting serious injury to them. That is what I'd suggest until you could make an exit to get away from the woman who was out of control.

`
Sorry about not placing a warning. I can definitely see how such a video could be offensive. I can't edit the op to place a warning on it now. I personally have never been in such a situation where a woman has attacked me. This video showed up on my Facebook newsfeed and I was kind of surprised at some of the responses.

In the video, the girl that attacked the bus driver probably deserved whatever retaliation necessary because of the fact he was driving a bus. If I was a passenger, I might even jump in because everyone on the bus could be at risk.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:20 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,029,480 times
"There is no honor in a street fight"

My unarmed combat "system" has been "trained" (ie, such as training the mind in repeated situations when people approach me on the street where I "ask" the mind, give me strike points, strike order) to maximize advantage and effectiveness.

NOW, one thing I should point out is that with me, we are talking about having the entire "combat suite". What is mentioned above is part of the offensive weapons system.........but there are other weapons systems as well such as blocks, evasion, distraction, retreat, and whatever else. Ie, say an elder relative starts saying unwise things about the current regime at the restaurant table. A defensive distraction as oppose to direct confrontation is to "by accident" tip over your wine glass.

The "suite" operates more by effectiveness than concepts of morals........though such may be considered in the evaluation phase.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:26 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,541,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
"There is no honor in a street fight"
My unarmed combat "system" has been "trained" (ie, such as training the mind in repeated situations when people approach me on the street where I "ask" the mind, give me strike points, strike order) to maximize advantage and effectivenes

Sounds just like Krav Maga that does

Last edited by Jeo123; 08-18-2015 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote tag

Old 08-18-2015, 07:42 PM

1,523 posts, read 2,867,208 times
The problem is that there are many women who will get in a man's face, insult him, push him, slap him and goad him into giving her the slightest shove, and then she will immediately call the police as soon as he does. Once the police are involved the man is almost invariably blamed and punished, often facing several years of jail time.

Here's a good example:

https://youtu.be/U5Rn1TCSV-M?t=6s

Despite the fact that they followed him, physically attacked him, verbally harassed him, and goaded him on, the two women are pressing charges for assault against the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates