Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:51 PM

16,624 posts, read 8,632,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
The problem is that there are many women who will get in a man's face, insult him, push him, slap him and goad him into giving her the slightest shove, and then she will immediately call the police as soon as he does. Once the police are involved the man is almost invariably blamed and punished, often facing several years of jail time.

Here's a good example:

Despite the fact that they followed him, physically attacked him, verbally harassed him, and goaded him on, the two women are pressing charges for assault against the man.
I see that video differently than you apparently do. Had that aggressive woman acted that way with me, I'd have found a way to get away from her as quickly as possible.
Instead this guy stood there, and despite his repeated verbal warnings, he chose to stay there when he saw things escalating. Then he decided to fight with her at certain points rather than just get away from her.

Aside from my general rule never to hit/harm a woman, he should have been man enough to walk away. That right, because it takes more to walk away from confrontational situations that to stay and try to prove something.
The best way I can think to describe it would be to picture some very old person or some little kid trying to pick a fight with you. They would obviously be no match for any decent sized healthy man, so why engage them. What is there to prove?
Heck even if they hit or kick you, how much have you really been hurt.

Just get away from them and the problem is solved. Otherwise you put yourself in a no win situation.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 08:53 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,486,420 times
Why should you have to do anything different when attacked by a woman than a man? They want equality...THIS is what it looks like!

Old 08-18-2015, 08:58 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,144,667 times
For the most part, I've always been of the belief that one's physical response should be dictated by the extent of the physical threat they're facing.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:15 PM

1,523 posts, read 2,866,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The best way I can think to describe it would be to picture some very old person or some little kid trying to pick a fight with you. They would obviously be no match for any decent sized healthy man, so why engage them. What is there to prove?

`
This is a very interesting piece you wrote here. An adult woman in her late 30's is not a child or an elderly person. In modern day America, women are equal to men, so he treated her equally. Perhaps in the 1950's your analogy would make sense.

Despite the fact that he is standing outside of his residence and being harassed by a violent and abusive neighbor, and despite the fact that he isn't the one who initiated the confrontation or physical attacks, he is nonetheless the one who is now facing an assault charge. If the woman was instead a man, he wouldn't be facing such charges. She would be held accountable for her actions without so much as a second guess.

This brings to head one of the many inherent contradictions of modern day feminism. In this case the contradiction being that feminists demand "equality", yet hide behind notions that presuppose a woman's inferiority when it proves convenient (e.g. men can't hit women and so forth).

Anyhow, I rarely delve into the political side of City Data, so I'll leave it at that.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:30 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,019,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
My unarmed combat "system" has been "trained" (ie, such as training the mind in repeated situations when people approach me on the street where I "ask" the mind, give me strike points, strike order) to maximize advantage and effectivenes

Sounds just like Krav Maga that does
If you say so. I have never taken that.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:34 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,538,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
If you say so. I have never taken that.
Sorry have I read the thread wrong Tamara or missing something ? Can you clarify " my unarmed combat " please the way I read it Krav automatically come to my head sorry if any offense is caused?

Old 08-18-2015, 09:38 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,143,374 times
I dont believe in treating women like emotional children...I trust their judgment to know how to pick their battles and live with the consequences win, lose or draw, just like any other adult does.

But this thread reminded me of a coworker I have..she's not small by any stretch, and I notice that in the female world, because the vast majority of them are physically weak and/or suck at fighting, size is almost always an insurmountable advantage for one opponent over the other in the case of female combatants. But this coworker of mine always talks about how she bowed up to some guy once upon a time, and how she got in his face and almost did this and almost did that, almost punched him etc...always an almost ...never actually has the balls to do anything though...but what Ive come to notice about her, and a number of other females Ive heard recounting the same scenarios is that they NEVER tell you about the times they actually put hands on another female...I notice this chick Im talking about never, ever comments on how much of an ass whipping she has put on other women...hasnt even told me about one time that she has physically confronted another woman, and she's a big enough woman that she could probably overpower most women she fights, if she fought them...or at bare minimum she'd have a rather significant reach advantage......but I notice that even when she's had issues with other women around the office and the times shes told me about the personal beefs she's had with other women in her life, she's very careful not to insinuate that she will do anything physical to them...but with men, all systems are a go...and let her tell it "she doesnt care and will fight a man..yada yada"....

For me, all this translates to her being a big punk in my eyes...Ive observed alot of women like this...theyre quick to bow up to a man whom they know either 1) WONT hit them back 2) if he does hit her back, it wont be with any real force or 3) a man to whom she know's she is SUPPOSED to lose a fight, as a opposed to woman to whom, if she were to lose a fight to, she would be laughed at and mocked for weeks to come because she lost a fair fight to another woman who society grants a full license to tear her a new assh0le and who has used it, thereby sending her "tough guy" act crumbling down around her. After which time people would see right through her and her big bad bully routine and just laugh in her face whenever she acted tough going forward...

but see, my coworker is keenly aware that she doesnt have to worry about this if she always looks like she's ABOUT to fight men...and men only...she LOOKS tough by challenging men, and even if she did get her ass beat after starting a fight, she knows she was supposed to lose anyway because it wasnt a fair fight, right?...plus she knows that 9/10 men arent going to even hit a woman back even if provoked...and so this is a win/win for the punk.

Last edited by soletaire; 08-18-2015 at 09:56 PM..

Old 08-18-2015, 09:45 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,019,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Sorry have I read the thread wrong Tamara or missing something ? Can you clarify " my unarmed combat " please the way I read it Krav automatically come to my head sorry if any offense is caused?
Long story short, started at 10 in sport judo so by the time I was around 27 and doing military police work, I was as a prof later observed, "Often those selected for military police are the best brawlers."..........

.....................and no offense taken.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:50 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,538,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Long story short, started at 10 in sport judo so by the time I was around 27 and doing military police work, I was as a prof later observed, "Often those selected for military police are the best brawlers."..........

.....................and no offense taken.
Quite funny Your previous response now I know

I do apologise for that But seriously that's very impressive Tamara must admit FairPlay to you

Old 08-18-2015, 09:58 PM

16,624 posts, read 8,632,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
For the most part, I've always been of the belief that one's physical response should be dictated by the extent of the physical threat they're facing.
Not all women believe in "feminism", at least not what the radical homosexual feminists mean by it. Most are smart enough to not even use that term because it has been so warped by the radicals. A normal woman just wants to be treated equally, but has no idea how others interpret that term anymore.
For example, I personally think of myself as a environmentalist because I like wildlife and think animals habitats should be protected. I also believe we should work hard at protecting our fresh water supply, and prevent pollution.
Yet I do not use the term because most people who publically pronounce that they are environmentalist are too far to the left in their radical beliefs.

The same is true of regular normal women who want to be treated with respect like any other human being.
That is a far cry from what groups like NOW promote. Much of their warped beliefs revolve around abortion rights, and lesbian rights. You have heard of them because the liberal news media always turns to them for any type of "women's" issue.
Yet a larger organization of women, "Concerned Women of America" hardly ever gets called by the media for comments, even though they have 3 times the membership as the leftist groups.
The reason?
Simple, because they believe in traditional women's issues like family, childrearing, homemaking, property values, good schools, maternity leave, and other issues important to a vast majority of women in this country.
My point being that just because the loud mouth radicals scream and get media attention, it does not mean they are representative of most women's point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
This is a very interesting piece you wrote here. An adult woman in her late 30's is not a child or an elderly person. In modern day America, women are equal to men, so he treated her equally. Perhaps in the 1950's your analogy would make sense.

Despite the fact that he is standing outside of his residence and being harassed by a violent and abusive neighbor, and despite the fact that he isn't the one who initiated the confrontation or physical attacks, he is nonetheless the one who is now facing an assault charge. If the woman was instead a man, he wouldn't be facing such charges. She would be held accountable for her actions without so much as a second guess.

This brings to head one of the many inherent contradictions of modern day feminism. In this case the contradiction being that feminists demand "equality", yet hide behind notions that presuppose a woman's inferiority when it proves convenient (e.g. men can't hit women and so forth).

Anyhow, I rarely delve into the political side of City Data, so I'll leave it at that.
A couple of things to note. I will grant you that some adult women are capable of inflicting more damage than an old person or child. However, in most cases they are not going to harm you in the same manner as another adult man can.
My point wasn't to say women were a mere gnats that could only cause a nuisance. Rather it was to take the same attitude as you would in regard to walking away from a kid or elderly person looking for a fight. There is nothing to prove by besting someone physically that you already know you can defeat.

Regarding the guy standing outside his residence, why not just go back into his home?
If it started to rain he would go back into his home to avoid getting wet.
If it was too hot he would go back into his home to cool off.
If there were gunshots ringing out nearby, he would go back to avoid getting hit by a stay bullet.

The point is that this woman obviously had some type of beef (real or perceived), so why remain out there when all he needed to do was go inside his place to avoid dealing with her?

See my point better now?

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates