Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2016, 05:13 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,659 times

Advertisements

Is this what the church has descended into? A bunch of answers with no solutions?

The question must be asked, who's taking care of all these kids? Adoption? I'm sure the adoption rate for crack babies is way up there Here pro-lifers, take three, take four, have at it. Live your moral high ground.

Yep, you're sooooo much better than me.

Wouldn't the easy solution be for pro-lifers to check a box on their taxes and have a couple thousand taken out to cover unwanted babies? It's so simple and makes almost stupid sense. Like check a box and have a kid show up at your door the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 05:22 PM

854 posts, read 586,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Is this what the church has descended into? A bunch of answers with no solutions?

The question must be asked, who's taking care of all these kids? Adoption? I'm sure the adoption rate for crack babies is way up there Here pro-lifers, take three, take four, have at it. Live your moral high ground.

Yep, you're sooooo much better than me.

Wouldn't the easy solution be for pro-lifers to check a box on their taxes and have a couple thousand taken out to cover unwanted babies? It's so simple and makes almost stupid sense. Like check a box and have a kid show up at your door the next day.

I still think they should be called pro-deathers since that is more factually and historically accurate.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
See. Now the abortion activists are talking about "god given rights". Who's religious dogma is that?

Anyway. I agree. If you want, you have the right to do anything you want to YOUR body. Donate a kidney to somebody. Get plastic surgery. That's your body.

That's not the case with abortion though. Because the developing child is not part of the woman's body. It's a different person that's growing inside of her.
The last three words of your post are critically important. Inside of her. You cannot legally compel anyone to let others use their body without their consent. It's my uterus. These are my lungs, my blood vessels, my heart, my kidneys, my liver. There is no law, nor any mechanism to create a law, that requires me to allow anyone to use my body. I understand your concern, truly I do, but there's no way around it. Even if you invented an artificial womb so a fetus could be taken out and grown without the mother's body, you could not legally compel her to have involuntary surgery or take medicine against her will. The most practical, realistic means to attain what you want (no abortions) is to advocate for things that help as few unwanted pregnancies occur as possible.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:56 PM

3,861 posts, read 2,230,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The most practical, realistic means to attain what you want (no abortions) is to advocate for things that help as few unwanted pregnancies occur as possible.
I honestly think the solution is more aggressive contraceptives.

All teenagers should get those new IUDs that they would have to get removed in order to have children. That would guarantee no unwanted pregnancies.

...and then outlaw abortion.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:00 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:

All teenagers should get those new IUDs that they would have to get removed in order to have children. That would guarantee no unwanted pregnancies.

not only don't you know the facts about abortion, you need an education on birth control methods. oh so easy for a man to say what young girls should do. an IUD is invasive and lots of women can't use them. how about you men get snipped or quit having sex instead of telling women what they need to do?

Old 03-11-2016, 08:08 PM

3,861 posts, read 2,230,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
an IUD is invasive...
LOL. And abortion is not?

Old 03-11-2016, 11:54 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:

I have a septate uterus, so IUDs don't work on me. Plus we're back to the pesky issue of involuntary medical procedures.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:52 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,768,755 times
Quote:

oh here we go let the women have all the stuff done to them . no mention of boys or men.... your a one sided bigot whos head is up his arse. but you do make me laugh with your AGGRESSIVE contraception... why not just shove chastity belts back on the girls.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:

I have an IUD and in 5% of cases a partial or complete explosion can occur (sometimes not detected by the woman). When partial expulsion occurs it renders the IUD ineffective. There is no birth control in existence that is more than 95% effective. And abortion is legal; all those in law, media, and the medical profession are of the opinion that it should be. It's really only outliers, those living in Appalachian trailer parks, and the uneducated who advocate for its abolition due to all the reasons outlined here, which is why the anti-choice position is largely ignored in institutions of higher education and the mainstream media.

Last edited by torontocheeka; 03-12-2016 at 10:32 AM..

Old 03-12-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
LOL. And abortion is not?

The issue is consent. You can't force a woman or girl to have a medical procedure she declines. Actually, legally you can't even force a woman or girl to have a vaccine she doesn't want even though that's an issue of public health. Individual rights to bodily autonomy are taken very seriously in our society, in case you didn't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates