Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:14 AM

215 posts, read 185,390 times

Advertisements

For what? The sin is embedded in their soul
Let them do with that what they please
Not your problem ?
Why don't you adopt their unwanted kids
But maybe you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 11:17 AM

215 posts, read 185,390 times
If we just mindlessly sprout kids,
They're just going to shove each other in the oven and cook each other mindlessly
What's the point in even having them
None of this makes any ***damn sense

Old 11-24-2015, 11:24 AM

10,225 posts, read 6,312,506 times
D&C are also done for very heavy periods. I had very heavy prolonged periods at 12 years old. My doctor want me to have a D&C then but my parents opted instead for me being put on the BC pill to control/lightening my periods. I stopped taking them some years later and it came back to haunt me in my early 20's at which time I did have to have that D&C. Very heavy 2 weeks long periods can be very dangerous to a woman's health/life, and future fertility.

So you would want a medical team to approve this medical procedure?

Old 11-24-2015, 11:44 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
1-3 years in prison for a woman who solicits abortion.

5-10 years in prison for an attempted self abortion. Intent to abort would have to be proven to avoid false convictions for unintentional miscarriage.

Life without parole for a successful self abortion. Again, intent to abort proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Life without parole with hard labor for any abortionist.
How would anyone besides the woman know about a successful self-induced abortion? Unless you are talking totalitarian society where women's bodily functions are monitored to detect pregnancy, and everyone spies on everyone else and tattles to local authorities, f.e. "Our neighbor looked a bit puffy for a while and now she's back to normal, I think she had an abortion".

Old 11-24-2015, 11:54 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,039,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Well, now, wait a minute here. At what point is it "abortion"? If you think abortion is anything that kills the fertilized egg, then you'd have to punish women for using certain kinds of birth control.

And what if a woman is miscarrying? Recently there was the case of a woman who was miscarrying, was prescribed pills by her doctor to help her along, and the pharmacist wouldn't fill her prescription. If abortion were illegal, would that woman even be able to get a prescription to help her or would she be forced to go through a D&C?

Pharmacist Refuses To Fill Prescription For Miscarrying Woman

And don't forget, if tubal ligations and vasectomies are going to be punishments, what happens if the only hospital in the area is Catholic. They won't allow doctors to do tubal ligations or vasectomies because of their belief about contraception, so is the punishment going to involve forcing a hospital to go against their codes?

Catholic Hospital Deny Care Religious Objection Suit

And God forbid you're a miscarrying woman at a Catholic hospital.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1537410

If abortion is going to be illegal, then you have to develop a scenario for those situations in case they come up.

Wow, just wow.....what horrible stories.

How the religious right/Republican Party can deny they are waging a war on women is astounding. If they get their way, things will get worse, much worse.

These things sound like something that would happen in a backward, third world country, not the United States.

Things like this would NEVER happen if it involved men instead of women, I am sure of that.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,039,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
1-3 years in prison for a woman who solicits abortion.

5-10 years in prison for an attempted self abortion. Intent to abort would have to be proven to avoid false convictions for unintentional miscarriage.

Life without parole for a successful self abortion. Again, intent to abort proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Life without parole with hard labor for any abortionist.

Would that include the baby daddy who punches a woman in the guts to induce an abortion?

How about this scenario?

My baby daddy leaves me when I tell him I am pregnant. Then, I have a miscarriage.

I will make baby daddy sorry he left me. I am going to tell the doctors he punched me in the gut when I told him I was pregnant. I'll make him pay. LOL

Now, it is up to baby daddy to prove he didn't cause the miscarriage, or else he will get life without parole with hard labor.

Moral of the story.....be careful what you wish for guys, you just might get it.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:23 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
An eye for an eye right?

Another thing anti abortionists don't consider is that women who miscarry will be arrested and subjected to trial and sentencing if she can't prove the pregnancy ended naturally. And yes, it does happen in places where it is illegal or highly restricted, because really, how CAN you prove it?

El Salvador jails women for miscarriages and stillbirths - LA Times

Sadly even in the US:

Arrested for Having a Miscarriage? 7 Appalling Instances Where Pregnant Women Were Criminalized | Alternet
Your source is a Op-Ed piece with no facts to support it's claims.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:09 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,807,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Your source is a Op-Ed piece with no facts to support it's claims.
Here

Did Christine Taylor Take Abortion into Her Own Hands? - CBS News

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/08....html?referer=

Happy now.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:35 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
D&C are also done for very heavy periods. I had very heavy prolonged periods at 12 years old. My doctor want me to have a D&C then but my parents opted instead for me being put on the BC pill to control/lightening my periods. I stopped taking them some years later and it came back to haunt me in my early 20's at which time I did have to have that D&C. Very heavy 2 weeks long periods can be very dangerous to a woman's health/life, and future fertility.

So you would want a medical team to approve this medical procedure?
If you have a negative pregnancy test, why would anyone have to approve anything?

Old 11-24-2015, 01:36 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
I imagine if abortion were illegal it would be because a fetus would be considered a viable human life thus abortion murder. So punish the murderer, abortionist, be it doctor, self inflicted or assisted. Charge them with murder. The woman with accessory to murder. The father depending on his role could also be charged with accessory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates