Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 12:48 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,353,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post

Everyone is awesome
I disagree, some are more awesome than others. But, as you say even the less attractive have partners and fall in love. There is one for everyone regardless of looks.

The hourglass body has been associated with health whereas the non hourglass body is associated with diabetes, stroke, and high blood pressure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 11:10 PM

282 posts, read 236,536 times
Bright eyes, rosy cheeks, crimson lips, voluminous flowing hair, and a general bubbly and energetic nature show good health and fertility in a woman.

The whole concern about noses and the like carries value too. Faces that are asymmetrical (not even) can be very characteristic of genetic problems. I'm sure there's similar explanation for preference of a smaller nose over a larger nose or that sort of thing, but ultimately it all comes down to finding attraction in someone that displays a fertile appearance.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:14 AM

13,309 posts, read 7,347,454 times
I sub-consciously discriminate woman who don't have a thin waist it's something that is hard wired in the male don't even think about it the face is secondary but I would say requires more thought process. The hourglass shape is the first thing that catches my eye for sure without much thought. Just being honest maybe some men think overweight female is attractive but none I personally know.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:40 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,702,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

The hourglass body has been associated with health whereas the non hourglass body is associated with diabetes, stroke, and high blood pressure.

I guess people are attracted on diabetes then

As if you would see the context of the time scale when studies came out, also after it comes out, media and society teaches there would be something to associate with.

There were no that kind of information before. And men did not knew that but though hot, hot, hot.. And I doubt without your type of fat and apple haters most people would pay too much attention for that.

It becomes by repeating day after day "fat is bad, fat is evil, fat is ugly".. Well, sorry but every individual in this world is not a fat hater. Go to hate something else.. Missionaires of fat haters clubs, huh

Hourglass body does not live 100% healthy till dies either, she could be a drug addict or alcoholic instead, has mental problems, heart problems, adhd, brain tumor or whatever.. People live and people die. How being a hourglass but dying at age 25 in a car accident leaving 3 kids behind would be any better than having diabetes and dying at age 73 without 3 toes but being able to take care of kids till they are adults? Some fat people do live longer life than their skinnier siblings or skinnies gnerally. Why it differs if a skinny person gets a stroke because of genetic disorder than fat is getting it just for being "the wrong shape" ?

Why it bugs your butt? If those apples are happy and reproducing just let them be happy.. Some kind of fatless enviness in this world, like it would hurt too much to see fat people having families and kids and being and living happy when one skinny or hourglass has nothing.. on their plates either...

Where this need to teach and point out that certain % of people would born as "wrong shape" ? Should they suicide in this second and kill their kids so they could not reproduce anymore ? Why society or people or even one person should judge other beings of their existence? Like sue them and throw into a jail and away of peoples eyes because they are apples? Don't create and keep a stigma and fat hunting up...

Today would be a good day to start to think things from bigger sight

Old 12-18-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
I guess people are attracted on diabetes then
moderator cut: image removed

Quote:
A WHR of 0.7 for women and 0.9 for men has been shown to correlate strongly with general health and fertility. Women within the 0.7 range have optimal levels of estrogen and are less susceptible to major diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disorders and ovarian cancers.[23] Women with high WHR (0.80 or higher) have significantly lower pregnancy rates than women with lower WHRs (0.70–0.79), independent of their BMIs.[10] Men with WHRs around 0.9, similarly, have been shown to be more healthy and fertile with less prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
WIKI

As someone said above most MEN are wired to look for some traits and they do not realize it. BUt, many are attracted to BIG women too. As I have gotten older I learned some BIG women can be beautiful. And it is possible to be overweight and have a waist to hip ratio ratio that is much less than one.

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 12-29-2015 at 12:59 AM..

Old 12-18-2015, 10:03 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,702,818 times
Quote:

WIKI

As someone said above most MEN are wired to look for some traits and they do not realize it. BUt, many are attracted to BIG women too. As I have gotten older I learned some BIG women can be beautiful. And it is possible to be overweight and have a waist to hip ratio ratio that is much less than one.
Wiki says that 8% of women are hourglasses. If non-hourglasses would not be sexually desirable and fruitfull why do you think number of hourglasses is so small? Where comes all those non-hourglasses if a hourglass is only what "most men" think is beautiful? /man reproducing fail

Old 12-18-2015, 10:46 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,092,033 times
My wife is beautiful.... now that Im married.... yours isnt

So endth the lesson

But ..for conversations sake.. Ive always been only attracted to skinny women... my brain says automatically that fat is dangerous

Last edited by notmeofficer; 12-18-2015 at 10:57 AM..

Old 12-18-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Wiki says that 8% of women are hourglasses. If non-hourglasses would not be sexually desirable and fruitfull why do you think number of hourglasses is so small? Where comes all those non-hourglasses if a hourglass is only what "most men" think is beautiful? /man reproducing fail
This is an excellent observation. If hourglass was the standard then evolution would have given us more hourglass women. But, do not forget the pear shape (20%) which is also desirable--------------------And the banana shape is 46%. Interestingly I think nowadays society sees the banana shape as attractive. I must be wired like a cromagnon because do not like the banana shape.

We must also consider the dramatic changes in humans after agriculture was discovered 12 thousand years ago. Up until that time there were no obese people; obesity is the byproduct of agriculture.

But, you are correct, all of this is about the shallowness of men. IN the study that looked at 37 culture women were much more practical and paid much less attention to looks. Women, value more the ability to provide and intelligence. And I must say intelligence is also attractive in women regardless of body shape.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:56 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,771,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
On the other hand there is a face beauty. Say we tend to choose women with some nose shapes and avoid ones who have others. Why is that? Is an ugly nose, ugly eyes, or else is a sign of some defect, some disease?

Yes. There is a correlation between physical "defects", health issues and even personality flaws. That is why we instinctively avoid them.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:30 AM

13,309 posts, read 7,347,454 times
Quote:
This is an excellent observation. If hourglass was the standard then evolution would have given us more hourglass women. But, do not forget the pear shape (20%) which is also desirable--------------------And the banana shape is 46%. Interestingly I think nowadays society sees the banana shape as attractive. I must be wired like a cromagnon because do not like the banana shape.

We must also consider the dramatic changes in humans after agriculture was discovered 12 thousand years ago. Up until that time there were no obese people; obesity is the byproduct of agriculture.

But, you are correct, all of this is about the shallowness of men. IN the study that looked at 37 culture women were much more practical and paid much less attention to looks. Women, value more the ability to provide and intelligence. And I must say intelligence is also attractive in women regardless of body shape.

Also most likely females were married and pregnant at a much younger age such as 14-16 years old and were probably on the thin side even going back 100's of years ago. 100's of years ago took a lot of effort to put food on the table unless you were the 1% probably why you see paintings of larger woman they never painted pictures of poor people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates