Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2015, 05:08 PM

927 posts, read 761,457 times

Advertisements

I was at the zoo and watched a male mandrill mount and have intercourse with a female right in front of our eyes. 'Oh my goodness,' the mom of two small children in a baby stroller murmured. Two seconds later he was finished and he sat back against the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 05:09 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,803,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Your various posts on this thread -- and apparently on others you've started previously -- reflect the thinking of a self-absorbed and irresponsible individual. I suspect that you don't deal well with people in general and women in particular, probably because you don't care a whit about them or about how an unplanned pregnancy would affect your partner and your child. Neither would apparently count for beans with you. All your concern is for yourself and how an unplanned pregnancy affects YOU because YOU might have to pay child support.
Getting surgically castrated is irresponsible?

Old 12-21-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
When used in conjunction and correctly, you will not have an unplanned pregnancy. Seriously, speak with your doctor about this. Use multiple methods of contraception correctly and be done with it.
You appear to have evaded answering my question here. Thus, let me ask you this question again--can all non-drastic forms of birth control fail even if they are always used correctly? Yes or No? After all, the New York Times appears to indicate that the answer to this question is Yes :

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...cies.html?_r=0

Quote:
The point may even be moot, as your fertility has not been established. Your MD can help you on this. If you can't afford a doctor, use a pharmacy. There is a plethora of reliable data out there on all the forms of BC and your doctor can answer questions.
If I'm established to be fertile, though, then my testicles are certainly coming off.

Quote:
Honestly, I think a therapist/ psychiatrist help you better than a regular doctor. This obsession is not the norm. Just because a few outliers on the internet agree with you, does not make it the norm.
So, do you think that vasectomy doctors should pay all of their patients' child support for 18+ years in the event of a vasectomy failure? Completely serious question, for the record. After all, according to you, it would be both extremely irrational and extremely paranoid to assume and to believe that a vasectomy can ever fail after azoospermia occurs!

Old 12-21-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
It is widely available and free. Many MDs offer free packets of BC pills to teens starting out to see if they are compatible with their systems. Most high schools even give access to condoms, and I live in a conservative part of the US. I've seen plenty of middle schoolers blowing up condoms as balloons, so they can't be that hard to find.
Great to hear! Thus, do you think that pro-choicers should stop whining and complaining about the risk of birth control failure and unplanned pregnancy?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:16 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,945,890 times
Quote:
I've seen plenty of middle schoolers blowing up condoms as balloons,
That's about all they're good for. Seriously, in 2015 people deserve better for their BC dollars.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
That's about all they're good for. Seriously, in 2015 people deserve better for their BC dollars.

Aren't condoms also good for STD prevention, though?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:43 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,401,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
You appear to have evaded answering my question here. Thus, let me ask you this question again--can all non-drastic forms of birth control fail even if they are always used correctly? Yes or No? After all, the New York Times appears to indicate that the answer to this question is Yes :

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...cies.html?_r=0

If I'm established to be fertile, though, then my testicles are certainly coming off.

So, do you think that vasectomy doctors should pay all of their patients' child support for 18+ years in the event of a vasectomy failure? Completely serious question, for the record. After all, according to you, it would be both extremely irrational and extremely paranoid to assume and to believe that a vasectomy can ever fail after azoospermia occurs!
Yes, if used correctly and in conjunction with one another there will not be an unplanned pregnancy. I was very clear in my answer. Use a (1st method)female or male condom, (2nd method) spermacidal jelly, (3rd method) sponge/BC pill/ diaphragm, (4th method) knowing the females cycle, (5th method) reduce your fertility through hot baths and tight undergarments. combine them. The reason they individually don't work 100% when used alone is user error or compromised efficacy due to outside influences.

Think about how many high school and college students are sexually active. They certainly were at my school. I graduated with over 500 peers, and there was ONE pregnancy. I guarantee that girl was not the only sexually active teen. That's the most fertile time in any woman's life. The teens who are getting pregnant are not using birth control or using it effectively.

Removing your reproductive organs is your choice. I am sure you could get it done tomorrow if you go to Mexico. They have lots of medical tourism down there, so you might want to look into that.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:47 PM

282 posts, read 236,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
This is at least the fourth thread the OP has started on this subject.
Do they have a problem with saying men and women every time too?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:50 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,401,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post

Used in conjunction with other methods they are reliable and reduce some STDs spread. Use of a female condom is a very safe and reliable tool also.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:50 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,945,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Aren't condoms also good for STD prevention, though?
"No risk, no reward..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates