Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2015, 12:29 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,525,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm not sure if the ones saying "if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em" and "keep their legs closed" are indeed pro-life.

Can't and won't are two different things. If you can't take care of a child there's welfare. This thread is about men who don't want to take care of a child simply because they think they should be able to have their cake and eat it too....A.K.A. Sex with no responsibility for the outcome. I'm pro life and I support having a welfare system for those who need it because kids should not go hungry because their parents can't provide for them. I'm also pro you breed 'um, you feed 'um if that is an option. As much as possible parents should be held responsible for the children they create. I don't think someone should have the right to deny support to their own child just because they don't want to pay it. If they can't that's another story but we have programs in place to deal with that situation. IMO there's no sense saying keep your legs closed AFTER the child is already here. Though I do think that being on birth control should be a requirement for getting welfare but that will NEVER happen. Unfortunately, it is left to the rest of us to take care of the kids of those who keep breeding even though they can't feed the kids they have.

The bottom line is the children should not suffer. If we can hold parents responsible we should. If we can't, then society has to step in. However, it's not a choice made by the parents. There is a world of difference between can't and won't. If it's a won't, give the children welfare and then garnishee the deadbeat's wages and include the processing fees for the government doing what he was obligated to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 12:32 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
You are aware that condoms have a whopping 18% annual failure rate if one takes user error into account, correct?

So slightly less than 1 in 20 change of failure, but if the woman is also on the pill and it is not the right time of the month than the chances of a child are even further reduced. Plus the options are giving up for adoption, abortion, the pair getting married or one or the other bringing up the child on their own. Much worse things can happen that you become the father of a child.

My nephew used a condom and according to him the first time he had sex she got pregant. He has little to do with the child but his parents are doting grandparents and take the opportunity to look after her everytime they have a chance. It was not the end of the world. My wife gave up a child for adoption prior to us being married and a decade ago she contacted my wife and now we have a brand new family including the adopted parents and two grandchildren.

I fail to understand why you are so afraid that you will become a father without wanting to that you are advocating serilization and are worried about child support, international bans on abortion etc. When I was growing up there was a man in our town that had been castrated, story had it that a bunch of husbands got together to stop him as he was a real ladies man and there is not way you would want to be like he was, sort of like a walking dead man.

Of course the is the high possibilty that you are not worried about creating a child but are only intersested in creating contraversy.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:07 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Talk about comparing apples to oranges. When you donate a sperm you create a life that needs to be taken care of. When you donate a kidney you save the life of someone who already has parents to take care of them. So, no, you do not owe support to someone you donated a kidney to.
You are aware that not everyone's children have parents who are adequately support them, correct? Also, though, there are certainly some children who have one deceased parent and who are raised by their one living parent.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:12 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,791,647 times
No, and we need less "sperm donors"

I hate when ladies refer to the fathers of their offspring as sperm donors, as if women are not responsible for the access to their ovaries.

Ladies: stop shacking up with the dummy jerk with no job, these parts of the bell curve aren't going to help your kid climb the ladder.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:16 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,868,725 times
Quote:
I want to get surgically castrated because vasectomies can and sometimes do fail, and I certainly know that I am not going to get any slack in regards to paying child support in the event of a vasectomy failure. Of course, if I can take estrogen after my planned surgical castration while still being able to get erections using my penis and to have penis-in-vagina sex, then this might certainly be a bonus of surgical castration for me.
My friend's son is now 20 some years old thanks to his dad's vasectomy Yes, they can fail, but castration is a ridiculous step to take to stop pregnancy - unless you want to be a girl? You won't have to worry about sex again if you do take the plunge and have your gonads removed. But be prepared for the significant issues resulting from this. If you have mental health issues, they may be exacerbated. If you don't have any, you likely will suffer from anxiety and nervousness. And, like all us over 50 women, you will enjoy the benefits of hot flashes. You may well not find a surgeon to remove your gonads - at least in the US. Check out this JAMA article about this issue and a study of men who went thru it: JAMA Network | JAMA | THE EFFECTS OF CASTRATION IN THE ADULT MALE

As another poster suggested, you really need to talk with a therapist. You may well change your mind once you find out why you feel as you do.

As to your post - it was so hard to read because of all the digression on the PC stuff which really comes across as total bosh. I mean, female bodied? A woman born as a woman, is called a "Woman". Anything else, or an attempt to make one look like a woman is not a woman. Isn't that who you are referring to when you share your concern about them becoming pregnant? Someone who was born male and "makes" themselves look female, cannot get pregnant.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:24 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,195,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Can't and won't are two different things. If you can't take care of a child there's welfare. This thread is about men who don't want to take care of a child simply because they think they should be able to have their cake and eat it too....A.K.A. Sex with no responsibility for the outcome. I'm pro life and I support having a welfare system for those who need it because kids should not go hungry because their parents can't provide for them. I'm also pro you breed 'um, you feed 'um if that is an option. As much as possible parents should be held responsible for the children they create. I don't think someone should have the right to deny support to their own child just because they don't want to pay it. If they can't that's another story but we have programs in place to deal with that situation. IMO there's no sense saying keep your legs closed AFTER the child is already here. Though I do think that being on birth control should be a requirement for getting welfare but that will NEVER happen. Unfortunately, it is left to the rest of us to take care of the kids of those who keep breeding even though they can't feed the kids they have.

The bottom line is the children should not suffer. If we can hold parents responsible we should. If we can't, then society has to step in. However, it's not a choice made by the parents. There is a world of difference between can't and won't. If it's a won't, give the children welfare and then garnishee the deadbeat's wages and include the processing fees for the government doing what he was obligated to do.
I can't rep you again, but good post!

Old 12-22-2015, 04:38 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,195,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDrenter223 View Post
No, and we need less "sperm donors"

I hate when ladies refer to the fathers of their offspring as sperm donors, as if women are not responsible for the access to their ovaries.

Ladies: stop shacking up with the dummy jerk with no job, these parts of the bell curve aren't going to help your kid climb the ladder.
The women I know who refer to their children's fathers as "sperm donors" do so because the fathers were/are totally uninvolved in their children's lives. Maybe they pay their child support, but many times they don't even do that.

FYI, people change over time, and sometimes people hide their true natures before they marry. Sometimes the cool 21-year-old who likes to party can turn into an alcoholic or pothead who can't hold a job by 30. That svelte cheerleader never gets her figure back after baby #2 and stops trying. Maybe the charming, "quirky" personality that attracted you turns out to be the precursor of mental illness. Maybe the person who promised to be faithful turns out to be liar or the "masterful" fiance turns into an abusive control freak. Sometimes people "in love" refuse to see their "true love's" all too real warts.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:29 PM

295 posts, read 337,850 times
[quote=NoMoreSnowForMe;42364462]The easy solution would be to make all fathers responsible for their offspring per DNA testing, no matter what.

If the men went into sex knowing that any offspring that resulted was their responsibility, regardless of what a woman said or did - things would definitely change.

It's so easy to have spontaneous sex and then blame the woman for any consequences. So, let's take all of her power away. What do you say to that, guys?

No more defense regarding she lied, blah blah blah.

Thank you finally someone gave dad the kid.

And if there's a kid, she hands it over to you to deal with. No matter what.
Heck I think the first divorce of the year in the county the kids should go to mom and the next one they should go to dad etc. at least that way everyone has the same amount of say in the matter. However women still get the only choice to abort or not.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:07 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,560 times
If I gave a woman my pickup truck to pick something from nearby Ikea, should I pay for gas and repairs if she decided to take the car for a coast to coast trip without my permission?

Old 12-23-2015, 08:58 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,158,224 times
Quote:
So if I donate a kidney to some poor child, then should I be forced to pay child support to this poor child afterwards?
No. The child is not yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates