Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 12:32 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,274,207 times

Advertisements

OP has a castration fantasy? That's what it sounds like and nobody will stop him from doing this to himself so I'm not seeing the great controversy.

Getting a V and using condoms seems like an easier way, and maybe some help with the OCD around this issue.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:35 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,805,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
OP has a castration fantasy? That's what it sounds like and nobody will stop him from doing this to himself so I'm not seeing the great controversy.
Frankly, fantasy is certainly a very nice and pleasant way of describing it.

Quote:
Getting a V and using condoms seems like an easier way, and maybe some help with the OCD around this issue.
Since a V can certainly fail and since condoms can certainly fail, though, a V and condoms can certainly simultaneously fail.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:52 PM

639 posts, read 580,629 times
I wouldn't worry to much, your personality should be more then enough to prevent pregnancy.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
I wouldn't worry to much, your personality should be more then enough to prevent pregnancy.
Care to please elaborate on this part?

Old 12-26-2015, 01:38 PM

7,832 posts, read 4,578,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Since people such as WildColonialGirl accused me of being paranoid and mentally ill in regards to surgical castration, and since people such as Meyerland appear to believe that birth control is perfect and that birth control never fails other than in cases of user error or in cases of something else nullifying the effectiveness of this birth control, I am asking you this question:

Should doctors who perform failed vasectomies be forced to pay all of their patients' child support for 18+ years afterwards? After all, a doctor who did a sufficiently good job with all of his or her vasectomies would never have any of his or her vasectomies fail and would thus have absolutely nothing to worry about. Plus, forcing a doctor to pay child support for 18+ years after a failed vasectomy certainly seems to be much more humane than forcing a man to pay child support for 18+ years due to a vasectomy failure and due to a broken promise in regards to abortion and/or adoption.

Anyway, any thoughts on this?
While I don't have first hand knowledge, I'm reasonably certain prior to the procedure the patient signs wavier holding harmless physician liability with the results. Not too different than the wavier you sign when going in for major surgery not to sue the doctor for assault for performing the procedure (which strictly speaking from a legal standpoint is what the doctor is committing)

Old 12-26-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
While I don't have first hand knowledge, I'm reasonably certain prior to the procedure the patient signs wavier holding harmless physician liability with the results. Not too different than the wavier you sign when going in for major surgery not to sue the doctor for assault for performing the procedure (which strictly speaking from a legal standpoint is what the doctor is committing)
Can't parts of such waivers theoretically get struck down by judges as being a violation of public policy, though?

Old 12-26-2015, 01:54 PM

50,945 posts, read 36,646,853 times
I know short answers aren't appropriate here, but in this case it fits. No doctor gives a guarantee any procedure is 100% effective. The odds of pregnancy are low (about 20 of 10,000, more in the first few months after the procedure), but stats still tell patients upfront that it's not a guarantee.

Same thing when a woman gets her tubes tied, my brother's ex wife got pregnant after she had hers tied when her last (she thought) baby was born.

Should the hospital have to pay for your funeral if you die in surgery or your chemo doesn't shrink your tumor? No different to me. You sign everything away in the consent forms anyway, and if you won't sign them they won't do the procedure.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:07 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,780,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
^^^best reply to this right here.

OP, have you ever had a girlfriend?

Go ahead and get yourself castrated...won't have to worry about a thing then.

Stop talking about it and just do it already. The world needs more eunuchs.....

Old 12-26-2015, 02:28 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,339,210 times
I hope you read all the documents you sign before getting your balls removed. There could be a clause about failure and liability.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:33 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,407,321 times
OP, being castrated may have many side effects you have not considered. Specifically:
decreased libido
breast tissue production
hot flashes
emotional instability
night sweats
cognitive problems

etc etc etc. Read some of the posts on prostrate cancer where the people had to have this done. The results can be completely devastating.

So this is a far worse idea then people here seem to realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates