Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2016, 02:40 PM

1,955 posts, read 1,759,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Where was the two month old baby exposed? Where did the five year old boy catch whooping cough and from who?

If I had to guess I'd say the pediatrician's office.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:47 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Of course it's different for an adult vs an infant. But it is still nowhere near a toxic dose on the recommended vaccination schedule.
The cumulative effect is concerning. The effect on people who's bodies are not as efficient at eliminating toxins is also a concern.

Quote:
Influenza vaccine is the only exception, and it is available in thmerosal free variants as well. As documented in my above link.
Right. Most people though don't think to ask for the thimerosal free version. Glad you pointed it out though so people can be aware that they have another option if they choose to get vaccinated for influenza.

Quote:
You are the one that is going against all recommendations of the medical establishment. Based on what? The quackery that Mercola and friends promote? Who has been ordered by the FDA to take down illegal false claims. In the end is really just a conspiracy theory that the entire scientific community has been bought out. Meanwhile the people peddling that theory are living in mansions.

This is a discussion about whether or not a person who forgoes a vaccine and comes down with the vpd and spreads it someone else can be held liable. It's not about my choices or your choices. It's not personal. Informed consent allows people to choose which medical procedures and interventions they will and will not get and that includes vaccinations. All your cries about Mercola, conspiracy theories, etc. are nothing more then a smoke screen and a deflection used in an attempt to paint people who even question anything at all about vaccines with a broad and tainted brush.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Even the anti-vaxxers funded study showed that there was no link between autism and vaccines.
Anti-Vaxxers Fund Study That Finds Zero Link Between Vaccinations And Autism | IFLScience

All indications are that it is something that happens during pregnancy.
Antidepressants double the risk.
Antidepressants During Pregnancy May Double Autism Risk, Study Claims | IFLScience
A nutrient deficiency has been linked to it.
New Autism Research: A Nutrient Called Carnitine Might Counteract Gene Mutations Linked With ASD Risks | IFLScience
A genetic mutation is shown to be a cause
Scientists Discover How A Single Mutation Can Cause Autism | IFLScience

And there is hope, they have managed to reverse it in mice with gene therapy. But there's no hope if this thread of science denying bs continues. All the organic natural non-gmo remedies in the world are not going to cure or prevent a genetic disorder.
Scientists Have "Reversed" Autism In Mice | IFLScience

I read about the genetic mutation discovery. I hadn't heard about the nutrient deficiency, though, thanks for posting. Very excited, it seems they are getting close.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Thimerosal was not removed from all vaccines in 2001. It's still in the flu vaccine for example which is given to babies, pregnant women and children. Aluminum, another know neurotoxin replaces thimerosal in many instances. The toxic load for a 4 lb preemie is quite different then the toxic load for an 8lb baby or a 120lb adult. The toxins take time to leave the body and the cumulative effect of so many given in the early days of life is concerning. Not everyone's body can excrete the toxins in an efficient manner. Different bodies react in different ways to different things such as neurotoxins being injected into their bodies.

I am not the one who is misinformed.

I believe the earliest we had to get a vaccination according to schedule was 3 months old (there was one at birth but it was optional and able to be given later). Also, vaccinations were only given after weighing and measuring the baby to make sure that they had the appropriate body mass first. Also, we followed the recommended vaccination schedule completely, but my kids did not have flu shots as infants. I believe the first one was at 18 months.

I think these things are being taken into consideration by the medical community.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Right. Most people though don't think to ask for the thimerosal free version. Glad you pointed it out though so people can be aware that they have another option if they choose to get vaccinated for influenza.

Our pediatrician only administers thirmerosal free flu shots.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:00 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,239,198 times
Quote:
The cumulative effect is concerning. The effect on people who's bodies are not as efficient at eliminating toxins is also a concern.
Yeah the cumulative effects is what the conspiracy folks peddle. But even if all the administered amount over a lifetime was somehow never eliminated from the body it would still be nowhere near a toxic dose. And the half-life is measured in days, not years anyway so it would never be an issue.

Quote:
This is a discussion about whether or not a person who forgoes a vaccine and comes down with the vpd and spreads it someone else can be held liable. It's not about my choices or your choices. It's not personal. Informed consent allows people to choose which medical procedures and interventions they will and will not get and that includes vaccinations. All your cries about Mercola, conspiracy theories, etc. are nothing more then a smoke screen and a deflection used in an attempt to paint people who even question anything at all about vaccines with a broad and tainted brush.
Whether there is any reason to reject vaccines in the first place is very relevant to the discussion and theoretically liability.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:04 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,423,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Really? The CDC got involved for ONE case?? Lol!! nice one!
Yes, they did. Because it's is so communicable, they research every documented case of Whopping Cough, measles, etc. Doctors are required to report it, and the CDC is quick to react so they can prevent an epidemic. Maybe you would know that if you were more educated about this topic or were ever personally affected by one of these diseases.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Let me be more specific. Thimerosal is a known neurotoxin as is aluminum. Dosage is key. The dose that kids are getting via vaccines is well above the recommended limit. Some people's bodies are better at clearing neurotoxins then others. Not all bodies are the same, thus the reason why people tend to respond in different ways to medications, vaccinations, toxins, etc.

Twisting science to fit one's agenda is not a good idea when using it as an argument to force medicate people in a supposedly free society. It is not illegal to forgo one or all vaccines nor is it grounds for a successful lawsuit so people who refuse for any reason do have both legs to stand on unless they are intentionally exposing others in the case they contract said VPD.
You know that there is more aluminum in flour, like the kind used in hundred of food products and carried in grocery stores, than there is in vaccines, right?

Old 04-15-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Where was the two month old baby exposed? Where did the five year old boy catch whooping cough and from who?
Pediatrician's office. And they would not tell them where the five year old boy contracted it from. She also couldn't sue, as you've mentioned she could before, because HIPAA laws prevent them from giving her identifying information.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:22 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,239,198 times
I'd equate not taking vaccines to not wearing a seatbelt.

If you were in an accident with a moose crossing the road, and were ejected from the car due to not wearing a seatbelt and your body impacted and injured a pedestrian, would you be at fault there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates