Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 07:50 PM

341 posts, read 266,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger500 View Post
So are you saying before setting foot on native land the settlers needed permission from all the Indian tribes all over America. How could they go about that.
But who gave them the right to set foot on this country?You and others seem to justify your ancestors coming here with no paper,permission,NOTHING but not immigrants of this generation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 08:44 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
But who gave them the right to set foot on this country?You and others seem to justify your ancestors coming here with no paper,permission,NOTHING but not immigrants of this generation?
I will try to explain it one more time:
When my ancestors came here, there were no immigration laws. There was no national government.
Since there were no laws, they did not break any laws. Therefore, they were not criminals.
After the United States of America was established, immigration laws were created. Anybody who violates those laws is a law breaker, by definition a criminal.
Spin it any way you want, it is just that simple. No laws, no criminal. Laws established, Laws broken, criminal.
See how simple it is?

Old 06-16-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
When my ancestors came here, there were no immigration laws. There was no national government.
Since there were no laws, they did not break any laws. Therefore, they were not criminals.
After the United States of America was established, immigration laws were created. Anybody who violates those laws is a law breaker, by definition a criminal.
Spin it any way you want, it is just that simple. No laws, no criminal. Laws established, Laws broken, criminal.
See how simple it is?
Sorry buddy your not gonna convince me or try to justify your ancestors coming here illegally and stealing land from another race,by the way ever heard of the indian tribes the first humans to govern this nation(back then their were rules and not called laws).The cherokee and other native tribes has rules,that govern your people your pretty sick minded to twist the logic of history.The only people who can speak on immigration are the native americans,a mexican kid crossing the border is no different then your ancestors in the 1880's coming from the boat both want a better life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXuEk_CyWs

"Unless you're Native American, you came from someplace else."

Old 06-16-2016, 09:36 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
In the last 30 years millions of illegal immigrants have come to our country illegally and stayed. In 1986 Amnesty was given to all who were in the country before Jan 1 1982 that law was the Immigration_Reform_and_Control_Act_of_1986 was suppose to fix the immigration problem but it only caused more to come here and wait for the next Amnesty to happen. Should we pass Amnesty again if it didn't work in the past why would it work now?
Amnesty itself was not intended to fix the immigration problem, that legislation included provisions for tightening up the border and other things. It was never fully implemented.

As the saying goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Before there is any talk of amnesty we need to first stop the flow of illegal immigrants. Once that's accomplished then we can discuss amnesty again.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:43 PM

346 posts, read 445,713 times
Quote:
By what method could the first settlers received permission in advance. There was no method to communicate with the natives before they set sail.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger500 View Post
By what method could the first settlers received permission in advance. There was no method to communicate with the natives before they set sail.
They were communicating matter of fact the natives were teaching the european settlers how to hunt,fish,etc the tribes maintianed their own government with tribe rules(notice how each tribe didnt enter the other's land without permission from other tribes?/).Your just trying to justify the europeans who came here illegally...

Old 06-16-2016, 11:13 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
See how simple it is?
Simple, unless you were Native American. Since they were here first, didn't their laws count?

Old 06-16-2016, 11:34 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Simple, unless you were Native American. Since they were here first, didn't their laws count?
Please to be referencing the immigration laws of the Cherokee tribe from the 1600's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
My ancestors came here legally from Holland in the 1940's. People just assume that if you're white and American you must be the byproduct of slave owners. Talk about racism! The left is so delusional. Don't even bother with them, hon.
You mean the ones who say it's impossible to round up and deport 11 million illegal immigrants.. But totally for confiscating 300+ million legally owned firearms.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:39 PM

346 posts, read 445,713 times
Quote:
They were communicating matter of fact the natives were teaching the european settlers how to hunt,fish,etc the tribes maintianed their own government with tribe rules(notice how each tribe didnt enter the other's land without permission from other tribes?/).Your just trying to justify the europeans who came here illegally...
Ok. We came illegally. Now what. Do away with all immigration laws and borders?

Old 06-17-2016, 03:45 AM

2,080 posts, read 1,606,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have heard that have that covered. They get a PO Box on this side of the border and the money is picked up. Most of them wire the money, they are all in line with their paychecks on payday.

You have my vote! It is just that easy. As I have said before, my neighbor started feeding a stray cat. Pretty soon, she had about 5 stray cats coming to eat. She quit putting food out. No more cats.

More than $113 billion per year in tax dollars plus the loss of life. Amnesty would cost more than $6.3 trillion. We enforce the law on our own citizens. Yes, even non-violent ones who number more than 1 million in our prison system, many of whom have been separated from their family and children. Citizen children who have no relatives when their parent(s) is incarcerated in the US end up in the foster care system.

Just e-verifying ALL jobs would start a mass exodus. After that we make all public agencies mandated reporters so that if they suspect someone is here illegally they are required by law to report. That would end the free emergency care used at the rate of 3 times that of a US citizen and remove them from the schools.

We also need to look at the 14th Amendment and review just exactly what it meant about birthright citizenship. It is being wrongly defined. At least one parent needs to have allegiance to the US and an illegal doesn't have that. Anchor babies, birthright citizenship, and the 14th Amendment | colorado immigration law resources reference

My own solution to the problem of the 'anchor babies' getting their parents into the U.S. illegally, that is, if I could control the presidency and the senate & congress: illegal immigrants who come into the U.S. and have a baby on U.S. soil would be given 3 choices by the U.S. government, enforceable by all state and federal agencies - (1) find a U.S. citizen willing to be guardian to the child and leave the child with that guardian and then the parents would return without the child to wherever they came from, with the child would be an American citizen, (2) the parents would leave the child in the hands of local government foster care system and go back to their country of origin; with the option of (from their own country) finding a willing U.S. citizen to adopt the child at any time, the child would be a U.S. citizen; (3) the parents take the child and go back to their country of origin; the child gets deferred citizenship and may come to the U.S. and become a citizen instantly when he/she is 18 years of age.

These solutions are far from perfect; and could be abused; and has no chance of ever being implemented. It would, I believe, lessen the incidence of illegal aliens coming over to have anchor babies on U.S. soil so as to get the (illegal) right to live in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates