Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 09:30 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Remember how you could put out a bowl of candy on Halloween with a sign that says, "Please just take one". Try that now.

Even better, put a camera on it and see who empties the bowl. I wasn't shocked but you might be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 09:37 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
I didn't read all that many posts in this thread, but a casual sampling showed a clear anti-immigrant bias. I may have missed the post that acknowledged that, despite the obvious presence of ethnic minorities on public welfare, that the majority are still white Americans. I also may have missed the post that acknowledged that major restructuring of welfare has taken place during the Clinton administration onward. I also possibly could have missed the post that mentioned the Disability system and how it functions as a backdoor to life long welfare for white Americans down on their luck, who either wouldn't qualify for welfare, or will need it for much longer (the rest of their lives) than the reformed welfare system allows for. When you add up the number of able bodied white Americans scamming the Disability system and the number of white Americans on traditional welfare it equals no one should be starting a thread about immigrants and their use of the welfare system. Employers refuse to hire outside of specified age and race tiers: this race for that, this age group for this and if you are outside of those rigid parameters you are screwed. In point of fact there should not be any white Americans on welfare or Disability (unless actually disabled). But there are, and I don't know that I have ever heard any minority complain about it. Why can't whites be as charitable?

Old 06-23-2016, 09:51 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I put myself through college via the G.I. Bill and worked evenings to help pay for my college, no student loans. Yes, it paid off, I do remember where my roots were and where I came from, thanks to the life lessons from my dad and the values that he instilled in me, I'm satisfied at where I'm at today. It wasn't easy, it was a lot of hard work and the determination to make something of myself.
So... the taxpayers put you through college.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:15 AM

366 posts, read 493,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Remember how you could put out a bowl of candy on Halloween with a sign that says, "Please just take one". Try that now.

Even better, put a camera on it and see who empties the bowl. I wasn't shocked but you might be.
LOL...you are correct. I was shocked also. We actually watch it happen every Halloween as sort of our own live our neighbors are scum reality show.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I didn't read all that many posts in this thread, but a casual sampling showed a clear anti-immigrant bias.
Really? Please cut and pastes sections from the posts that mention race or ethnicity or immigrants that shows a negative bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
...majority are still white Americans...
...life long welfare for white Americans...
...able bodied white Americans...
...and the number of white Americans...
...there should not be any white Americans...
... Why can't whites be as charitable?
Oh there it is. The racism and color baiting comments seem to emanate from this post. Isn't that interesting.

Last edited by usagisan; 06-23-2016 at 10:37 AM..

Old 06-23-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
How dare children!

So what is your answer to those kids who have the bad luck to have parents who are unable to feed them? Don't talk about parents who "should have" made different choices, that horse is out of the barn.
If you read the thread I already answered the question in detail.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:54 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagisan View Post
Procreation is a voluntary activity. If parents cannot provide for their children the children should be taken from the parents and put into state work/education camps where the children are provided a bland but adequate diet, provided a minimal education and then in labor camps in their spare time in agricultural fields. Those that show aptitude should be allowed a more advanced education in the trades and those with genuine scholastic aptitude should be provided with advanced educational opportunities. In this way, the children would be filtered, those with no motivation and low intelligence or ability would spend their life inthe work camps and should be sterilized. Those who show initiative and ability promoted into the trades and those with the intellect and motivation would have advanced educational opportunities.

The parents themselves should be sterilized and likewise put into work camps, only away from their children or given the option of assisted suicide.

There you go, problem solved. We no longer need illegal aliens and third world immigrants for menial labor in the fields, and we would finally have a system that properly motivates the poor to improve their condition by applying themselves. As I said, if they don't like it, state sponsored suicide is an option.
Quote:
If you read the thread I already answered the question in detail.
Ah yes, the Oliver Twist solution. Because that's worked so well.

I forgot which poster I was addressing. My fault.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:10 AM

529 posts, read 508,085 times
Quote:
Procreation is a voluntary activity. If parents cannot provide for their children the children should be taken from the parents and put into state work/education camps where the children are provided a bland but adequate diet, provided a minimal education and then in labor camps in their spare time in agricultural fields. Those that show aptitude should be allowed a more advanced education in the trades and those with genuine scholastic aptitude should be provided with advanced educational opportunities. In this way, the children would be filtered, those with no motivation and low intelligence or ability would spend their life inthe work camps and should be sterilized. Those who show initiative and ability promoted into the trades and those with the intellect and motivation would have advanced educational opportunities.

The parents themselves should be sterilized and likewise put into work camps, only away from their children or given the option of assisted suicide.

There you go, problem solved. We no longer need illegal aliens and third world immigrants for menial labor in the fields, and we would finally have a system that properly motivates the poor to improve their condition by applying themselves. As I said, if they don't like it, state sponsored suicide is an option.
The taken programs are already packed to the gills with too many poor parental candidates to take in children that are not there's. Not the majority, but still too many.

The rest is just ridiculous.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:03 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
The OP is referencing a program that provides meals to children who depend on free/reduced lunches during the school year and who are at risk during the summer months. Regardless of one's thoughts about the reasons for that, these are children.
I dont see any evidence that children depend on these programs to keep from starving. As others have said its a duplicate program. Those that are poor receive food stamps. Can you site reports that indicated this county has a hunger/starvation problem. Studies I have read lean towards childhood obesity.

Our school district has a free breakfast and lunch for everyone program. It matters not what your income is. This summer my kid has been attending football practice every evening. The school provides food afterwards which I assume is from the summer feeding program as I have seen the bus. The coach makes (or tries to make) the players eat the food after practice. The schools receive federal funds for this program and if they dont show need they lose the money so they push the program.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:56 PM

280 posts, read 250,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont see any evidence that children depend on these programs to keep from starving. As others have said its a duplicate program. Those that are poor receive food stamps. Can you site reports that indicated this county has a hunger/starvation problem. Studies I have read lean towards childhood obesity.

Our school district has a free breakfast and lunch for everyone program. It matters not what your income is. This summer my kid has been attending football practice every evening. The school provides food afterwards which I assume is from the summer feeding program as I have seen the bus. The coach makes (or tries to make) the players eat the food after practice. The schools receive federal funds for this program and if they dont show need they lose the money so they push the program.
I think this is the right idea..... Instead of putting us versus them for school lunches, why not just feed all of the kids like most places in the world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates