Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 12:07 PM

102,438 posts, read 108,813,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Still at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, has been there for years, and can't see the light of day.
Thank you, that's what I thought. So Ecuador allows him to hack into US gov't accounts? I suppose this is their way of getting back at the US for trying to derail the Raphael Correa Presidency.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 12:15 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,773,419 times
Look at all the Republicans clamoring to see what Assange will release next. If Trump is so qualified for the presidency and if the general election is his to win, then why would you care what Assange does next?

Look at all the ways Republicans have tried to malign Hillary. First it was the Benghazi crap, then it was the email server crap. But when those two things went nowhere, now Republicans are clinging to the whole Assange/Wikileaks nonsense, in their hope that Assange will release something that will show that Hillary should be incarcerated. Absolutely pathetic.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:24 PM

28,748 posts, read 18,987,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thank you, that's what I thought. So Ecuador allows him to hack into US gov't accounts? I suppose this is their way of getting back at the US for trying to derail the Raphael Correa Presidency.......
He's not doing his own hacking. Hackers are sending him information for dissemination.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:38 PM

413 posts, read 322,205 times
Letting people know how dangerous and corrupt Hillary Clinton can be is a public service. You may not like Assange but you won't be able to shut him up.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
He's not doing his own hacking. Hackers are sending him information for dissemination.
Thanks for bringing me up to speed. This is one issue I never followed closely. So what this is doing, is encouraging hackers. Bad idea. I think that's the larger issue here.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:00 PM

4,942 posts, read 4,278,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thanks for bringing me up to speed. This is one issue I never followed closely. So what this is doing, is encouraging hackers. Bad idea. I think that's the larger issue here.
Actually, I think it could be a good idea. If our security protocols and systems are so easily hacked, we need stronger systems.

Personally, I think Hillary's private server may have left our systems vulnerable.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbeer View Post
Letting people know how dangerous and corrupt Hillary Clinton can be is a public service. You may not like Assange but you won't be able to shut him up.
We have no choice but to vote for Dangerous 1 or Dangerous 2; they're both dangerous in their own way.

I still think O'Malley would have been a far better candidate, but The Bern and Hill already had assumed they would be the front-runners, even in the first debate. They were already speaking in campaign slogans, rather than outlining their plans, like O'Malley was.

I really don't understand anymore the way the electoral process works. It seems clear at this point that the most colorful candidates win the nominations, not the best qualified ones. It's about charisma, not much more.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:27 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,992,752 times
Our media is supposed to cover important news about the candidates and the elections. Most of the MSM is a DNC cheerleader/lapdog.

Never thought I would see the day that the most important news may be delivered by Snowden, Assange, and RT. My FB community generally concurs that our world is now upside down.

Why is the FBI investigating the source of the leak rather than the findings? FBI investigating the NSA could be fun.

The military/NSA and law enforcement/FBI do not generally like Hillary. She earned that.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:38 PM

5,271 posts, read 14,594,497 times
I haven't read the comments but I have concerns about leaking stolen information.

I mean, granted it proves people are lying and other unseemly things, but still it was illegally obtained. It's just not cricket.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:47 PM

9,158 posts, read 14,851,314 times
He's dumber than I thought if he is trying to release anti Clinton stuff to get Trump elected as I can't see that being very good for him long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates