Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 07:44 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I wish I could be that sure. However, I do not trust her, never have trusted her, never will trust her.
That is why I agree with the independent investigation, then place the results before a Grand Jury to return an indictment or not. I am well aware of the difficulty in finding a non-partisan investigator, and a non-partisan Grand Jury. But I think it needs to be done, to put the matter to rest for once and for all!
I think it is quite telling that comey did not present his findings to a Grand Jury, he just arbitrarily made the decision that there was no "intent", so there would be no prosecution. That just seems to be WRONG!
Check the first sentence of the Fifth Amendment.

Most everyone agrees there is ample evidence of influence peddling - you don't go from flat broke to worth multiple hundreds of millions of dollars by being a senator & secretary of state. "FOB" -- code for "Friends of Bill" meaning "gave money" -- became an important litmus test for being granted an audience with Hillary.

OK. She's a multi-hundred-millionaire. Many people think she is the most corrupt politician since Boss Tweed.

As a country, do we really need to spend time & energy investigating her now? Or should we realize that politically she isn't going to be a candidate again so we should just move on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 08:06 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,245 times
I think investigating the Clinton Foundation should continue. If it's found to be corrupt. . . she'll lose millions.

That's what should happen here. The foundation investigation should continue.

Looks like it will. Hoping.

Alley

Old 11-14-2016, 08:09 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post

As a country, do we really need to spend time & energy investigating her now? Or should we realize that politically she isn't going to be a candidate again so we should just move on?

Agree, but those many millions will allow Chelsea to continue running for offices on the Clinton name (and big money).

Which is why the Clinton Foundation needs to be fully investigated. If it's found to be corrupt, hopefully Chelsea will go away forever too.

Alley

Old 11-14-2016, 08:14 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
Pardon her if he wants to. It really doesn't matter, she is done and that's that. The humiliation that she suffered in this loss is justice enough. I despise this woman but she knows that she is not wanted , good enough for me. Just like obama's legacy is shot, he will only be remembered as being the first black President, and that's all.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:29 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Ford gave Nixon a PP for all "offenses against the United States" for a 5 1/2 (approximately) year period.
What period of time would a PP for clinton have to cover?
I'd recommend October 26, 1947 through November 8, 2016, as sufficient.

...issued after trial and conviction, after independent counsel and judiciary panel recommendation (assumption). I'd suggest they go after the Foundation, not her personally.

It'd be a circus for months, but send a clear national and international message about rule of law.

Or, I'm wrong and independent counsel and judiciary find nothing, it's still a circus, and then it's done for good. Problem there is that in any case, many millions of voters will be antagonized and alienated. Politically, that should not be discounted out of hand.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:39 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,302,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
This is America, dude. Accused doesn't count for anything. And your list of inmates would be highly unlikely to include any that would actually validate your claim.
Troops using 'Clinton defense' in classified information cases | TheHill

Here's a Navy guy who just got a year in jail for taking 6 photos inside a submarine. The photos he hasn't shared with anyone. The photos that later received the lowest possible classification. Way below some of Hillary's emails.

Here's a Marine facing dishonorable discharge for sending a single classified email via private email. It was information about an Afghan police commander who was raping boys, and the info was classified because he was a US ally. The Marine was trying to stop him.

A U.S. Marine Tried To Warn A Comrade, Now He Faces A Discharge : NPR

Trial begins today for Jason Brezler, Marine who sent warning over unclassified email - USMC Life

Here's an NSA whistleblower who leaked info to the media about government spying on Americans. He was indicted, charged, and plead to a misdemeanor.

Former NSA Leaker Thomas Drake Now Working in Retail

I could go on and on and on.

Clearly, Hillary won't even get indicted, because she's untouchable.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:45 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
We heard it again in this thread: "The GOP is investigating". It's nonsense, of course. There were Dems on the investigating committees, too, and it wasn't paid for by GOP.

Still, that's what people believe. And the job is done; we've destroyed her and that was the whole point.
So I think President Trump would be smarter to pardon her. Let her just drift off into the sunset. The Republicans will be upset for a while but they'll get over it.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:18 PM

632 posts, read 748,693 times
Her huge ego isn't going to let her accept a Presidential pardon. The Supreme court, in Burdick v. United States, sets forth that accepting a pardon is a quid pro quo admission of guilt, for crimes committed. That's far too deep of an admission and something that her narcissistic personality simply will not allow her to accept. I really think she would rather fight it out in a court room, so that she can "show the world"....
rather than ever admit she was wrong.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:00 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge1 View Post
Her huge ego isn't going to let her accept a Presidential pardon. The Supreme court, in Burdick v. United States, sets forth that accepting a pardon is a quid pro quo admission of guilt, for crimes committed. That's far too deep of an admission and something that her narcissistic personality simply will not allow her to accept. I really think she would rather fight it out in a court room, so that she can "show the world"....
rather than ever admit she was wrong.
Interesting. Would that apply to a Presidential Pardon?

Old 11-14-2016, 11:19 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
As a country, do we really need to spend time & energy investigating her now?
Yes, since the breadth and width of her corruption and the damage she caused needs to be known.

Quote:
Interesting. Would that apply to a Presidential Pardon?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates