Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 01:11 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,073,434 times

Advertisements

I was once assaulted by a female but the police would not press charges, but I feel that if it were the other way around, that the police would press charges if it were a male more.

There was also a situation where a guy called the police on a woman beating him, but the woman turned it around on him, and he was the one arrested, even though he looked much more beaten up then she did. This was according to my friend's account, who was there and what she saw.

So I feel that the statistics are skewed, and that there are a lot of violent criminal women out there, it's just that the police are afraid to arrest them and give them records more often, or they are unwilling to more often.

So therefore, the statistics are skewed. Would that be right though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 03:27 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,734,172 times
If a guy gets his ass handed to him by a bigger guy - warranted or not - and he even hints at complaining or pouting around about it, he'd be laughed out of town.

I don't think women have it the same, being a man is a hard job. Not everyone is cut out to do it.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:50 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I’m amazed that “Violence is male” is even debatable.
It's not debatable at all. Men are more violent than women, period.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:52 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
being a man is a hard job. Not everyone is cut out to do it.
1. Being a man is not harder than being a woman, we don't have mensuration and pregnancies
2. A woman who self-identifies as a man is "cut out to do it"

We live in a new world where you can't assume someone's gender

Old 09-02-2018, 07:18 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,734,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
1. Being a man is not harder than being a woman, we don't have mensuration and pregnancies
2. A woman who self-identifies as a man is "cut out to do it"

We live in a new world where you can't assume someone's gender
I don't know if you're serious or trying tlo be funny, but you're dead wrong on both points.

Men don't menstruate, but we also don't run to the doctor everytime we're having a bad day - women tend to lack the 'suck it up' factor that is taken for granted in men. Not sure you can even compare the two, but if that's all you have to make a point it's pretty weak.

Self identify. WTF is that, anyway? If I feel like a heavyweight champ, even though biology says differently, my desires supercede biology?

Again, not sure if you're serious, but the fact that there is even a question is disturbing.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:06 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,073,434 times
I think women have it easier than men in some areas. For example, since it's men who usually approach women, the woman doesn't have to do a lot of the work in comparison and can choose from a selection of potential mates, compared to a man, who has to work at getting a selection.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:02 PM

9,422 posts, read 11,173,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Men are inherently more aggressive than women. In fact, most mammalian species are this way. Are you really surprised?

And yes, race/ethnicity is a major factor. According to the same FBI statistics website that you reference, black males commit the majority of homicides. It's remarkable because black males are about 6.5% of the entire U.S. population yet perpetrate 60% of the murders.

And really, it's some small fraction of that population; most black Americans are respectable people but there's this 1% gangbanger population that packs heat and is quick to use it.

In fact if you were to ignore this small but violent fraction of the population, our general murder rates and gun homicide rates would be only slightly above those of Canada and western Europe--in other words, not a major problem. Certainly it wouldn't justify the kind of hysterical anti-gun activists that are trying to ban all firearms. They either don't know or don't care who's doing all the shooting.

And yes, there's more violence among black and Hispanic women than among white women. It's not just gender. It's cultural, economic, and ethnic factors.
Bingo! Bring up kids with no father and life goes sideways fast.

There's also the unspoken violence between same-sex couples.

Last year, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released figures showing people in same-sex relationships experience levels of domestic violence just as often as those in heterosexual relationships.

But the conclusions of another study this year by the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago - a review of data from four earlier studies, involving 30,000 participants - go further.

"One of our startling findings was that rates of domestic violence among same-sex couples is pretty consistently higher than for opposite sex couples," says Richard Carroll, a psychologist and co-author of the report.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29994648
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates