Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2017, 10:43 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Story today in the news - 50% of female homicides are.....well, someone they know well (usually male and often the significant other or similar relation).

50%. I think that is USA.
Probably higher in some other countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 06:13 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,569,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Women who aren't raised around men are neither passive nor weak.
Women are the fairer sex, not the stronger one. It doesn't matter who raises them.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:30 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,838,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Women are passive and weak. Men are strong and aggressive. At the end of the day, human beings are just the most intelligent animals on the planet. They are arrogant, xenophobic savages. That's just the way things are. If you believe that women are inherently good and kind then you are naive. They are just as bad as men in their own way.
I don't think anyone has suggested that. But they are not nearly as physically violent. If you can come up with some stats to refute that, I'd love to see them.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 08-04-2017 at 02:40 PM..

Old 08-04-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Women don't generally use direct violence because they're not suited to it. They use coercion and violence by proxy. They get other men to do their bidding or use state enforcement to deal with people they don't like.
So, how many people do their tactics kill?

Look, I will be one of the last people to ever suggest that women are vessels of virtue. Believe me. But the fact is that men, worldwide, commit the overwhelming majority of violent acts, and they CHOOSE to be violent.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:00 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,426 times
Interesting thought.

Men are warriors, no doubt.
That's how we evolved, it's in the genetic code.

But, don't discount entirely the ability of a woman to be a savage killer, or to wantonly order others (under threat of their lives for disobedience in some cases) to go and kill.

Queen Elisabeth the First of England
Catherine the Great of Russia
Cleopatra (of Egypt)
Golda Meir (of modern Israel)
PM Margaret Thatcher

...and many others...not to mention run-of-the-mill killers, cops and special agents here and there in history, that happened to be "female"...

Old 08-08-2017, 11:03 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
So, how many people do their tactics kill?

Look, I will be one of the last people to ever suggest that women are vessels of virtue. Believe me. But the fact is that men, worldwide, commit the overwhelming majority of violent acts, and they CHOOSE to be violent.
Not gonna argue with the statistics - but just think back a few years here in the US. So called "Soccer Moms" were largely responsible (voting/other support) for the rise of the Neo-Con who perpetuated world wide violence...so they could be safe in their homes and shopping malls (or the perception of same).

Does the average "soccer mom" care if 100's of thousands of families elsewhere are slaughtered or starved for her lifestyle? I would say no (in general). In fact, I used to live in a town in which perhaps 85% of the women were of this attitude. They still are.

When my son questioned the Wars in high school the other class members shouted out "the only thing towel heads are good for is putting gas in my parents SUV". Mom taught their brood well.

Why was it always said (still) that Women flock to a guy in uniform?

In some ways this is the same question as to why we have overdevelopment of shopping malls and other retail. If this was a "world of men" do you think we'd have luxury malls full of makeup stores? The answer is simple - as with some violence, men build these things for the females. Or, at worse they are mutually beneficial.

Obviously that is a generalization. But the world is not random - all the things we see around us are the result of various forces. These forces are (or seem) profitable to ALL involved. This include wars, those shopping malls and the goods made for them by virtual slaves elsewhere in the world.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:20 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,284,977 times
OP, violence is whatever the true statistics say it is for a particular set of questions and conditions.

S.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:55 PM

943 posts, read 782,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
When a crime is committed in the US, there's much ado or speculation about the race of the individual. There's often coded language about race, religion, mental health, the weapon used, the tangled relationships or the wealth involved.

They're thugs.
They're muslim.
He's a lone wolf (e.g. crazy).
He's an irresponsible gun owner.
He got rid of her for his mistress.
He collected the life insurance.

However, the media and the population rarely (if ever?) dissect why violent crime is so decidedly, overwhelmingly male. There's often discussion over what to do about those thugs, those immigrants, those religious extremists or those guns. What gets lost, is that men, regardless of race, color, religion, creed, weapon of choice or financial standing are the principal proponents of violence.

Men are half of the population yet are charged with 73% of offenses against family and children, 77% of aggravated assault, 89% of murder and 99% of forcible rape according to 2012 FBI statistics.

Are men raised differently than women, expected (even encouraged) to be more physical?
Are hormones a driving factor?
What is it about men that prevents them from controlling violent impulses?
Is men perpetuating violence ignored because it's simply accepted as nothing exceptional?

A 20F degree day during a Wisconsin winter is nothing of note. A 68 degree day is newsworthy. Is a violent man (murderer, wife beater, rapist, child abuser) just another 20 degree day?
Talking about male violence is taboo. If any group made up 70% or more of a crime or issue no one would have trouble calling it out. Funny that many white men will talk about dangerous black people, but when we shift towards dangerous men in general they scream bigotry and feminazi.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:48 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,887,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Queen Elisabeth the First of England
Catherine the Great of Russia
Cleopatra (of Egypt)
Golda Meir (of modern Israel)
PM Margaret Thatcher
Which one of them killed (and I don't mean executed) any guy with her own hands?

Natascha Ragosina, the toughest female WBA/WBC middleweight boxing world champion who trained regularly with guys, said in one of her interview - men are incredible fighting machines, I wouldn't want to fight against them...

Old 08-17-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Not gonna argue with the statistics - but just think back a few years here in the US. So called "Soccer Moms" were largely responsible (voting/other support) for the rise of the Neo-Con who perpetuated world wide violence...so they could be safe in their homes and shopping malls (or the perception of same).

Does the average "soccer mom" care if 100's of thousands of families elsewhere are slaughtered or starved for her lifestyle? I would say no (in general). In fact, I used to live in a town in which perhaps 85% of the women were of this attitude. They still are.

When my son questioned the Wars in high school the other class members shouted out "the only thing towel heads are good for is putting gas in my parents SUV". Mom taught their brood well.

Why was it always said (still) that Women flock to a guy in uniform?

In some ways this is the same question as to why we have overdevelopment of shopping malls and other retail. If this was a "world of men" do you think we'd have luxury malls full of makeup stores? The answer is simple - as with some violence, men build these things for the females. Or, at worse they are mutually beneficial.

Obviously that is a generalization. But the world is not random - all the things we see around us are the result of various forces. These forces are (or seem) profitable to ALL involved. This include wars, those shopping malls and the goods made for them by virtual slaves elsewhere in the world.
As I've said, I would never suggest that women are vessels of virtue, because I absolutely do not believe they are. But you don't want to get me started on that.

Yes, vacuous, vapid women are oblivious to important issues, but they are not nearly as violent as men are. That's the topic of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates