Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 04:45 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,143 times

Advertisements

Deals and compromises need to be made with people/governments all over the world. Yes that includes "bad guys" but keep in mind that what constitutes "bad guys" is highly subjective. Just as an example, your post implies that the "West" are the good guys but looks who's invading and occupying countries halfway around the world on a consistent basis. You can try to justify it all you want but at the end of the day we're still waging war, killing people and doing other things to destroy people's lives when they pose no imminent threat to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 02:45 AM

808 posts, read 541,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
It's funny, all our lives we are told we should never associate, make deals, or have anything to do with bad people, yet we do all the time, at least our politicians do.
It's really important to understand the difference between the overlords and the plebians. The rules about not associating with bad people are for the worker-bees. The overlords ARE the bad people.

Quote:
We are BFFs with many middle eastern countries that routinely love and endorse human rights abuses that would make the likes of Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot very proud,
Those leaders are there because the US/British ruling elite put them there.

Quote:
we are huge trading partners with China that imprisons and kills anyone that would merely tell them they suck,
China is a huge trading partner because trillions of dollars were pulled from the western economies in the 80s and 90s and moved into China and South Korea to build them up. I assume by "we" you mean the 1/10 of 1% who own most of the productive economy and most of the capital wealth in the US. They are not just trading partners with China, they are business partners as well. Do some research on the Carlyle Group and Blackstone. I was watching the Asian financial press in the 90s, and every single day I would see dozens of articles of US and European companies investing millions, 10s of millions of dollars each in mostly China, India, and South Korea. We're talking billions of dollars a week. For decades.

The day after China was given Most Favored Nation trading status by Congress, China allowed Western insurance companies to set up business in China without having to give control of the company to the Peoples LIberation Army. That was the deal they set up.

"We" (I don't know why you want to identify with the banksters who control our country, but apparently you do, so I'll use your "we") are not just friends with dictators, we set them up and control them.

I'm not saying we control China, that's a deal we'll have to watch over the ensuing decades, but certainly smaller countries in the Middle East, Central and South America, especially in the death squad days of the 70s and 80s, their murderous dictators were often the result of CIA interference in their elections and government.

There are a zillion books you can read about this. Try Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins, who was with the World Bank. You can also try Inside the Company, by Phillip Agee, a CIA agent.

If you are serious about trying to understand some of this, try reading some of Jim Marrs' books. Secret Agenda is one. I don't necessarily agree with all of his analysis, but he has a good bibliography, and that's where you need to start focusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates