Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 10:08 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,158,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Its because I know that you staunchly disagree and anything short of video audio transcript (and probably not even then) wont convince you. I was being a little snarky because I was able to pick up on your thinly veiled passive aggression.

You think people should be able to engage in high risk behavior and then all the white knights (police, justice system, jurors, and other emasculated men) should just swoop in and modify the justice system for you because you (or someone) decided to go out dressed like a tramp to have a hook up at some sketchy club late at night and it did not go so well. I say no you dont, if you cant provide shadow of a doubt evidence any responsible citizen juror is going to move to over turn and if its a state that elects in their judges they will eventually be voted out. I think more of these accused should be moving to 7 figure law suits of the media as well becasue the media convicts them before they even see a court room and their professional carrers are likely ruined, considering some of them wont ever be competitive for a professional job a nice 3-5 million settlement would send a message.

And yes the ID is a real thing, if you are an attractive young woman and you know you have the leverage, then you know exactly what you are doing, you are turning on the whole crowd but only selecting one or two, well the ID of some of the non select will turn to violence. Thats human behavior.

And if you do this where there are few if any credible witnesses, guess what you are screwed. Attention whoring and getting men all hot and bothered and then giving them the cold shoulder can result in violence. I dont need a PhD to know that or an exhaustive statistical survey.
Well along with not needing a PhD or statistical survey, your post demonstrates there is no brains required either.

It's hopeless in your case, you truly don't get it-- you hold a view, reminiscent of middle eastern countries such as Iran that crime against women doesn't exist--- in your world crimes of assault and or rape against a woman is a myth in your mind....
Your belief that if a woman is a victim it means she was a ***** and getting men hot and bothered. I'm glad that most people don't exist in such an extreme and distorted world like yours, although some do some victim blaming at least most people don't have this distorted assumption that if a woman is assaulted or raped it's pretty much always her fault because a) if her spouse beats her it's her fault for being his spouse, b) getting men hot and bothered wearing a mini skirt...
You describe the legal justice system as "white knights"--- it's clear you resent law enforcement for enforcing the law when the victim is a woman. What a sad and degrading value you see women as- as property of their spouse or other male relatives or sex objects similar to countries such as Iran.

Last edited by mondayafternoons; 11-05-2017 at 10:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 07:13 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,486,449 times
Quote:
Its because I know that you staunchly disagree and anything short of video audio transcript (and probably not even then) wont convince you. I was being a little snarky because I was able to pick up on your thinly veiled passive aggression.

You think people should be able to engage in high risk behavior and then all the white knights (police, justice system, jurors, and other emasculated men) should just swoop in and modify the justice system for you because you (or someone) decided to go out dressed like a tramp to have a hook up at some sketchy club late at night and it did not go so well. I say no you dont, if you cant provide shadow of a doubt evidence any responsible citizen juror is going to move to over turn and if its a state that elects in their judges they will eventually be voted out. I think more of these accused should be moving to 7 figure law suits of the media as well becasue the media convicts them before they even see a court room and their professional carrers are likely ruined, considering some of them wont ever be competitive for a professional job a nice 3-5 million settlement would send a message.

And yes the ID is a real thing, if you are an attractive young woman and you know you have the leverage, then you know exactly what you are doing, you are turning on the whole crowd but only selecting one or two, well the ID of some of the non select will turn to violence. Thats human behavior.

And if you do this where there are few if any credible witnesses, guess what you are screwed. Attention whoring and getting men all hot and bothered and then giving them the cold shoulder can result in violence. I dont need a PhD to know that or an exhaustive statistical survey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Well along with not needing a PhD or statistical survey, your post demonstrates there is no brains required either.

It's hopeless in your case, you truly don't get it-- you hold a view, reminiscent of middle eastern countries such as Iran that crime against women doesn't exist--- in your world crimes of assault and or rape against a woman is a myth in your mind....
Your belief that if a woman is a victim it means she was a ***** and getting men hot and bothered. I'm glad that most people don't exist in such an extreme and distorted world like yours, although some do some victim blaming at least most people don't have this distorted assumption that if a woman is assaulted or raped it's pretty much always her fault because a) if her spouse beats her it's her fault for being his spouse, b) getting men hot and bothered wearing a mini skirt...
You describe the legal justice system as "white knights"--- it's clear you resent law enforcement for enforcing the law when the victim is a woman. What a sad and degrading value you see women as- as property of their spouse or other male relatives or sex objects similar to countries such as Iran.
FYI:
The term 'white knight' is MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way - yep, that's every bit as douchebaggy as it sounds) drivel meant to dismiss men who do not share their 'women are pleasure holes' worldview.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whiteknighting

The irony of the 'white knight' inanity is that it assumes that men who defend women from whiny losers are doing it only to curry favor with women, presumably for sexual rewards. See, the MGTOWers are incapable of comprehending that any men have relationships with women that aren't based on their getting in those women's pants.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:52 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
Quote:

Oh my - getting men all hot and bothered...and not even having to touch them! Men are just wild beasts. Sickening reasoning - I hope you aren't one of the men who've gotten out of control at the hands of some evil temptress?

And yes - these excusatory attitudes ARE the problem. I would NOT want someone with these attitudes on my jury.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:36 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Well.

I think we've sufficiently answered the question posed in the thread title, haven't we?

Though I frankly could have done without pittsflyer illustrating it in crayon for all of us. That's pretty much why women don't report rape to police. Plenty of folks still think that a man's property, reputation, anything really, is far more important than a woman's safety and wellbeing, let alone bodily autonomy or that she is a human being and not a piece of meat.

And hey, a guy who served on jury duty once knows better than a woman who has been assaulted and has known scores of others who have also been assaulted.

See also: Why women don't trust men.

I sure wish that people who think that this is how it should be, would go live in some culture where that's how it actually works and that's the way they're trying to structure their society. I mean, it might be inconvenient with all the bombings and sand and all, but this notion that half of us are animals who can't be expected to have the brains to control themselves and the other half are walking steaks in miniskirts...man, I like to have better hopes for my country and its people. I think we could do better than that. But maybe I'm just a "snowflake."

Well, it's been...ok, I won't lie, it's been disgusting...but I've had about enough. Karma will take care of it...that, and the ignore button.

Big (consensual) hugs to all the survivors who had to see all this ugliness. Thankfully, some of us disagree, and we do jury duty, and pay taxes, and vote, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates