Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2018, 05:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG120 View Post
I only go by the statistics that the schools themselves publish. I didn't see anything that broke down white's into various categories. If that is the "level" of scrutiny we are now down too, this country is doomed.

You're a Jew, therefore you are not white, hmm, where have we heard that before.

And I am a white, heterosexual male, retire from the US Army. I have no agenda, other than concern for the welfare of my country.
Even if you don't disaggregate Jewish from the white admissions, whites are still underrepresented before even taking into account their higher merit. If Jews were underrepresented at Harvard like non-Jewish whites are today, don't you think they'd make a stink about just like they did back in the 1920s when people weren't forced to let them monopolize everything they wanted too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 06:01 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What you're using is a westernized version of karma. There is not some magical guy in the sky (which is what you, as a Christian like to believe) who dispenses karma.

Karma is actually much more simple than that. For every action you or a society take, there is likely to be a reaction. It may sometimes be good (which is often referred to as "bun"), but we more often talk about the negatives.

So, to it simply (which apparently I must do), Action: Whites in this country inflicted slavery. Reaction: Blacks often disdain Whites. Action: Whites in this country inflicted Jim Crow and lynchings of Blacks at an unprecedented level. Reaction: Blacks never completely forgive these actions and we have the riots of the 1960s. I could go on, but if you don't get it with those simple examples, you'll never understand the more complex examples.
So basically, you applaud the continuation of distrust, anger, resentment, and pushback, over and over again?

Blacks never forgive these actions. Okay, fine, by that logic, whites never forgive when they are unjustly overlooked for employment just because they're not the right color. And so we go, back and forth, back and forth.

I guess you can also say that karma gave us the current administration in the USA. Pushback, back and forth, back and forth. It works both ways. Don't complain, it's karma! Probably you've seen this video before, but here it is again. (Warning, profanity.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs (Especially after 3:35) He explains how it works. He's not happy about it, but he gets it. You want more of what he talks about? Keep on encouraging what you're encouraging.

Last edited by elvira310; 02-22-2018 at 06:09 PM..

Old 02-22-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Interesting...long read, but timely.

Are whites racially oppressed?

"We went from being a privileged group to all of a sudden becoming whites, the new victims,'' says Charles Gallagher, a sociologist at La Salle University in Pennsylvania who researches white racial attitudes and was baffled to find that whites see themselves as a minority.

"Like it or not, the country is going to look more like it should -- more brown folks, more yellow folks, more gay folks, more mixed folks," he says.

It's easy to be pessimistic, he says, but his profession teaches him to look past the headlines.

"When you take the long view of human history, change is slow, but change happens."

Are whites racially oppressed? - CNN.com
Why should it look less and less white? Because whites should be dispossessed and displaced in their historical white countries just because we should be anti-white?

Old 02-22-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Private companies are not required to have an affirmative action or diversity program. If they do, they do it for the good of the company.
They will get sued for discrimination unless they hire non-whites and don't hire or promote enough or fire a non-white. They have diversity programs as a cya that's only good for the company in that it prevents lawsuits and fines. Plus companies are just anti-white because that's the socially cool and accepted thing to be.

Old 02-22-2018, 06:29 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,540,027 times
Quote:
Being polite does not promote unity. That's just good basic manners.
Dude, who hurt you?

Old 02-22-2018, 06:33 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
So basically, you applaud the continuation of distrust, anger, resentment, and pushback, over and over again?

Blacks never forgive these actions. Okay, fine, by that logic, whites never forgive when they are unjustly overlooked for employment just because they're not the right color. And so we go, back and forth, back and forth.

I guess you can also say that karma gave us the current administration in the USA. Pushback, back and forth, back and forth. It works both ways. Don't complain, it's karma! Probably you've seen this video before, but here it is again. (Warning, profanity.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs (Especially after 3:35) He explains how it works. He's not happy about it, but he gets it. You want more of what he talks about? Keep on encouraging what you're encouraging.
See, it was too complex for you. I'm not attaching applause or jeers to karma. I'm just saying it is what it is.

And yes, there is pendulum aspect to it. Unless people step in and stop the pendulum.

And yes, politics does work exactly that way.

I'm sorry you're suffering so.

Old 02-22-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
They will get sued for discrimination unless they hire non-whites and don't hire or promote enough or fire a non-white. They have diversity programs as a cya that's only good for the company in that it prevents lawsuits and fines. Plus companies are just anti-white because that's the socially cool and accepted thing to be.
Companies get sued for various reasons all the time. It's part of doing business. And yes, some of it is cya. And yes, sometimes they deserve it. I used to hire about a dozen people per year at my school. And before becoming principal I watched discrimination in hiring. And guess what. No one got sued for it after 33 years in education.

Old 02-22-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Dude, who hurt you?
Dud, put away your fake degree in psychology.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:15 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why should it look less and less white? Because whites should be dispossessed and displaced in their historical white countries just because we should be anti-white?
I am quite sure that I can neither take credit nor criticism for the remarks in that CNN article by Charles Gallagher. Had I written something to the gist of supporting the comments then I could understand your expectations but I clearly didn't.

I felt it was an interesting article in light of the subject of Whites Need Not Apply. You are entitled to disagree with the statements of the article but I don't feel any obligation to support or defend them. Just 'food for thought' to add to the discussion, that's what the forums are for after all.

I will say that perhaps Mr. Gallagher's commentary "Like it or not, the country is going to look more like it should -- more brown folks, more yellow folks, more gay folks, more mixed folks," merely suggests that the country's changing demographics be represented across the board, just an assumption.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:25 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,348 times
Quote:
See, it was too complex for you. I'm not attaching applause or jeers to karma. I'm just saying it is what it is.
And Brexit and Trump are also part of "It is what it is." It's not too complex; it's just that you don't like the part of "karma" that you don't like.

Keep hiding behind "You just don't get it." But what really is going on is that I do get it, but you don't like where that leads. To Trump. When people are shut down and told that they're deplorable and they deserve what they get because of injustices of the past that they had nothing to do with. That's what the video explains. Oh well, it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates