Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 07:51 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
^^^^ Inform yourself. Here did the work for you. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/parklan...t-you-to-know/

I'm not catering to your need to see a list of mass shootings. You look them up. It makes me sick as it should everyone. If that is all you got from my post, you are part of the problem. No one needs to prove anything to you. You loves your guns over the future generation. Shootings have happened in malls, schools, concerts, movie theaters, etc.

These kids aren't rich. There way is being paid for by countries that are aware these kids are game changers.
Israel does have the tightest security in the world. Obviously they think these kids have something to offer.

Somebody set up a 501K and they are accepting money only from people who don't have an agenda. They turn it down when it is said to them, I'll give you money IF. There have been judges, politicans who see a value in these kids agenda. But they don't take their money casue it comes with an IF> There is no selling out in their world. 501K's are for spreading their agenda. Not for padding their pockets like the politicians.

Go inform yourself and watch the segment 60 minutes did on them. Oh I know it'll hurt to hear what you don't want to hear.
You are uninformed and incorrect. Pretty much your entire post.

1. There are no mass shootings every week. Otherwise it'd take about 4 seconds to post a list since they tend to get 24/7 coverage. Which is why you can't post a list. KNOW YOUR HISTORY: FAIL

2. Parkland is an EXTREMELY wealthy area. KNOW YOUR SOCIOECONOMICS: FAIL

3. The movement IS being funded by politically motivated groups, the Women's March , a nationwide political organization funded, supported and designed the walkout. Go to it's website, it created tons of marketing materials, form letters, toolkits, numbers to call, congress critter info ... It had noting to do with kids coming together and hey let' all just PICK A DAY. Nope, funded and run by a POLITICAL ORGANIZATION. KNOW YOUR POLITICS: FAIL

It's beyond shocking how uninformed people are. But they think they ARE. It's downright frightening.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:56 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Since when are they "dictating"? They are free to have an opinion and to advocate and recommend whatever solutions they want to.

How about you quit "dictating" to them?

These kids are now firmly under the wing of the Left and they are speaking for the Left. When they give a speech it certainly sounds like they are dictating to me and like so many Democrat speakers they are talking down to people. They use a skewered logic that sounds convincing and if you don't agree with them there is a sense in their words that you are stupid.

These kids are on a mighty high horse and they are preaching to their choir and if you are not part of the flock then you are a ignorant red neck.

What exactly are these kids protesting for? There is a march this Saturday to end gun violence... That sounds good to me and everyone else including the evil gun loving NRA members. Only a small percentage of the population is for gun violence so what are they protesting?

Of course they are free to have their opinions as we all are but I don't think kids that a month ago were more concerned with how many tide pods they would eat at a party that coming weekend, who they were going to ask to prom and what they might do this Summer, should be preaching to the nation and the world how bad and violent America is.

These kids that were popping pimples a month ago should not be so willing to give up their Constitutional rights and take them away from everyone else.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:01 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
These kids are now firmly under the wing of the Left and they are speaking for the Left. When they give a speech it certainly sounds like they are dictating to me and like so many Democrat speakers they are talking down to people. They use a skewered logic that sounds convincing and if you don't agree with them there is a sense in their words that you are stupid.

These kids are on a mighty high horse and they are preaching to their choir and if you are not part of the flock then you are a ignorant red neck.

What exactly are these kids protesting for? There is a march this Saturday to end gun violence... That sounds good to me and everyone else including the evil gun loving NRA members. Only a small percentage of the population is for gun violence so what are they protesting?

Of course they are free to have their opinions as we all are but I don't think kids that a month ago were more concerned with how many tide pods they would eat at a party that coming weekend, who they were going to ask to prom and what they might do this Summer, should be preaching to the nation and the world how bad and violent America is.

These kids that were popping pimples a month ago should not be so willing to give up their Constitutional rights and take them away from everyone else.
Exactly. Thanks for the common sense post.

if you don't agree with what they are doing, it must mean you are pro-mass school shootings and like it when kids die. That's the backlash that is appearing now.

They talk emotions. And their SCRIPTWRITERS are very persuasive.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:04 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,246,375 times
"Survivors". How many students went to that school? Aren't they all "survivors"?

Again, how sad the TRUE survivors (not just those somewhere in the building) and the victims families aren't on the cover.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:21 AM

6,297 posts, read 4,194,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
wait till they need to fund their own lives... once working they cant walk out and protest and expect to hold a job

picture of poverty on front page to me... torn jeans /no shoes and looking like future thugs

for a generation that wants to portray activism, they arent doing a good job with their body language

taking a lesson from the Intimidation playbook?

Picture of poverty lol are you kidding! They dress like most Americans , and torn jeans are a regurgitated fashion from the 70’s.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:26 AM

505 posts, read 502,060 times
It's hilarious that their generation is lauded as being complacent and narcissistic and all I ever hear from older generations is how they should be getting more involved in real world issues and life isn't lived through screens.

And here are teens, all across the country, getting involved in a real world issue. But now it's a problem because it's an issue you have a problem with.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:54 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,670,073 times
Thumbs down Time Magazine intentionally omitted the Parkland students who aren't toeing the party line on gun control

Time Magazine intentionally omitted the Parkland students who aren't backing gun control, like Kyle Kashuv.

Talk about "othering" the opposition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIRNURx1-3E
(Warning: language, brainwashed teens, poorly thought out positions based on binge-watching "West Wing")

Old 03-23-2018, 10:08 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,559,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What is their opinion other than we need more gun laws?

I haven't heard ANYTHING beyond that. If that were the argument in a debate they were having, I'd mark it an F.

No substance. At all. Yet flying all around the world??? Going to other countries to discuss US gun law -- of which there is NO EVIDENCE that they possess even a rudimentary understanding -- Why?? What purpose does it serve except to make the public feel good? Yay TEAM??? GO KIDS!?!?! So glad I can cheer for someone!!! I like cheering for people!!! LIKE LIKE LIKE on social media. Thumbs up for EVERYONE!!!!! Good jpb!! Get yer participation trophy!!!

I feel so much safer now!!!! /sarcasm/

Where's the PLAN??? Where's the KNOWLEDGE???

First of all, most movements start WITHOUT a plan. what do you think those of us in the civil rights actually waited until we drew up a plan?? there was no organization at first, no leadership.

exactly what knowledge do these kids need? humm they hide under their desk praying to God they wouldn't get murdered, they frantically called their parents and the police begging to be rescued.

LOL I guess before we protested lynching we should have gone to school to get a degree in criminal justice.

now I don't understand why they went to other countries, maybe because the NRA has brought this one and our representatives.

but I do know that every modern day revolution started with the YOUTH of America standing up and saying that they are sick and tired of the status quo.

lol, and I find just like in the civil rights movement the people who are saying every thing is ****** dory are the ones who are not effected by the situation.

Those "pimple popping" students have absolutely every right to march against gun violence because they have seen the absolute cluster %^% their parents have done with ending it. I absolutely laugh at the hypocrisy of those spouting the constitution. when this entire country has been built on the subjecation of entire races, the annihilation of other cultures and defending the rights of rich white men and only rich white men.

And considering voter turnout even during presidential elections is hovering around an abysmal 60% I applaud them for at least getting off of their backsides.

ROCK ON YOUNGINS, ROCK ON. I hope they tear the status quo apart.

Last edited by eliza61nyc; 03-23-2018 at 10:55 AM..

Old 03-23-2018, 11:22 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,494 times
^^^ME TOO! Might just add some of my own money to their fund.

Wow - can't beleive this many and people can't see the forest for the trees. Or guns are more important than other human beings. THAT IS A BIG FAIL!
List of Mass Shootings Since Columbine Massacre | Opinion | villanovan.com

And some of you are just fine with this.

Arguing about the number since you got no other leg to stand on. FAIL

Here's some more figures - https://everytownresearch.org/gun-vi...y-the-numbers/ 96 people per day, that is mass shooting, just not in the same location.

Parkland median household income is $126,905, which has grown by 23.66% since 2000. The median household income growth rate is higher than the state average rate of 21.62% and is lower than the national average rate of 27.36%.

$126,000 is middle class income, not wealthy. FAIL

Old 03-23-2018, 11:33 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Time is a subversive organization. Who even reads that unless the doctor is running late for the appointment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates