Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 04:55 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamjedlicka View Post
Cat calls and wolf whistles used to be 'guys being guys,' i.e. the stereotypical construction worker when a pretty girl walks by. I got my share, and never felt afraid. In fact, I always took it as kinda funny and as a compliment. A little like flirting....if it was me and a couple of friends, we would do like the hubba hubba thing with a hand on our head....again...fun...no one was worried that anyone was going to come after them (which would be a different story)...What have we become as a society when a wolf whistle "offends?" Yea, you could say S.T.F.U. and be on your way. It's a wonder anyone even has sex anymore! jeez
I asked the men this question. That’s who I want to hear from. How would they respond to a woman calling them out.

I think it’s odd you equate cat-calling with having sex. Plenty of people still have sex without being harassed by being cat called.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:30 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
If I had money, I'd invest in sex dolls. A lot of people will decide not to jeopardize their career and life because some harpy took offense to a harmless pass.

I really need to make my underground structure from which to watch the most developed world burn.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:36 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Exactly! I was going to respond by quote & say the very same thing!

It’s amazing how quickly a smile & a “Thank you!” can diffuse this behavior. They will go from Neanderthals to Gentlemen in mere seconds.
I think what you encountered and what some others encountered must have been very different. Neither would be acceptable to me, but again, I am glad you were okay. If you have the time, perhaps you will read more about it at stopstreetharassment.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:43 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
OP never established a Great Debate. The rest of the thread followed from there as a basic discussion thread. Many posts include content not permitted at Great Debates. Some likely include content not permitted anywhere on CD.

Please read the Great Debates posting guidelines at the top of the forum before posting here again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates