Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 07:38 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The law was for whistling at a woman and you've changed it to physical contact...Groping a woman's breast is already illegal and verbal harassment would/could be criminal harassment. A man was just arrested the other day for slapping a woman's but in a Denney's.

Try to stay on target of the discussion which is whistling.
Pay attention to what she said. Whistling is harassment. Catcalling is harassment. It makes a woman feel unsafe. Everyone has the right to be able to walk around feeling safe.

And BTW, women who are catcalled are totally defenseless. They can’t even answer back to try to defend themselves from these demeaning insults because the little it only encourages the little men-boys who hurl them to go farther.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:54 AM

712 posts, read 529,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Pay attention to what she said. Whistling is harassment. Catcalling is harassment. It makes a woman feel unsafe. Everyone has the right to be able to walk around feeling safe.

And BTW, women who are catcalled are totally defenseless. They can’t even answer back to try to defend themselves from these demeaning insults because the little it only encourages the little men-boys who hurl them to go farther.
I FEEL unsafe when fat women look at me like I'm a sexual object and say hello to me in sexual manner. I'm defenseless. I want to press charges. How do I go about this? #HimToo #equality Oh and I've seen girls whistling at men on many occasions as well.

This isn't about feeling unsafe in 99% of cases. It's about feeling annoyed/bothered by "ugly"(in their eyes) guys making their move. It's the same complaining that happens about men emailing woman online. They ***** and moan about the "ugly/old/broke" guys emailing them. Incredible sense of entitlement and ego. There's no way for a man to know if a woman finds him attractive without asking. It's called "getting lucky" for a reason. You strike out a lot before getting a date. That's the way it is for a man. We don't wait for the woman to make a move. You'll miss opportunities to meet someone doing that as a man.

Modern feminism is disgustingly sexist. There's a war going on against heterosexual men. It started out with **** shaming men for liking younger women(which is totally natural) People started calling them "dirty" old men. This was unheard of before. She's a grown consenting woman. A man should be able to date whomever he wants without being shamed. The modern feminist women want all the good things about being a man, but none of the bad.

Hey guys take that Asiz ansari "metoo" story and switch the gender roles. Have the women that was supposedly victimized in that story be a man while Aziz is the girl. How ridiculous would that story sound? After all they want equality. Right?

Last edited by BeyondtheHorizon; 05-29-2018 at 08:04 AM..

Old 05-29-2018, 08:56 AM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
In The Week magazine this week: With the passing of a new French law under which men can be fined up to $880 if they whistle at or make lewd comments to women on the streets.

That's bizarre, coming from the country that originated Ooh La La.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:00 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:

Not true. I would just wave at them and they'd move on. If any tried to pursue me I'd tell them I have a boyfriend and to have a nice day.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:03 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Extreme harassing of women on the streets of Paris has been a crime my entire life
Signed
a former Paris resident

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 05-29-2018 at 09:23 AM..

Old 05-29-2018, 09:07 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
Currently all the catcalling and butt-smacking and unwanted groping etc. that men have been doing since forever is, and has been, a power trip for men. Men who do this stuff have been using that behavior as a weapon since time began. It is time to stop. Try to understand what it does to women instead of worrying only about yourselves.

When I was was young, I was catcalled frequently. It is humiliating and intimidating. It made me angry that I couldn’t just walk down a street without getting harassed and my body scrutinized and my walk commented on. My breasts and buttocks commented on. It made me angry that there was nothing I could do about it. Why should I have to accept and “blow off” the abuse. And it was frequent.

Yes, the verbal abuse does hurt people.

I was walking down a sidewalk (in 1972) and was passing by a man walking in the opposite direction. He reached out and grabbed my right breast as we passed and then laughed at me because he knew there was nothing I could do about it.

I can’t understand why so many guys are so resistant to treating women with respect. It is time to stop the harassment and if it takes fines to do it, so be it. It is a shame that fines are necessary.
I had a girl grab my package at a concert once. Somehow I got over the trauma and have lived a full life ever since.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:21 AM

1,406 posts, read 800,235 times
Quote:
No, no one has a right to "feel" anything

Old 05-29-2018, 09:21 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
I addressed that in my post as well. Please re-read.
Nope, you didn't mention it, you only mentioned actual crimes such as grabbing your breast that you should have pursued criminally and possibly civilly. To your off topic remark about people committing sexual crimes, I believe these should be prosecuted.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:26 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
That's bizarre, coming from the country that originated Ooh La La.
It's also the country that originated Dominique Strauss Kahn. Both of those things probably indicate how far French women had to come, what they were up against, in order to get a little respect.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:28 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I had a girl grab my package at a concert once. Somehow I got over the trauma and have lived a full life ever since.
That happened to a guy I was with, in a festival crowd, once. He snapped his elbow backwards into her, knocking her backward into the crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates