Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 10:36 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times

Advertisements

I think anyone who argues/fights for illegal immigrants (border-jumpers/criminals) is actively engaging in treason against Americans, since these people directly effect the livelihood of us Americans.

I make in the upper teens per hour as a janitor (partly by choice) and is it not a FACT that I would be making $20/hr or more if I was not directly competing with illegals (and legals) for the same "job Americans' won't do"?

Yes, I think ANYONE (liberal, "conservative", democrat or republican) who is still actively fighting for non-Americans to come into this country is committing an act of war against their own American brothers and sisters.

And I am being TOTALLY serious with the above-statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 01:05 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I think anyone who argues/fights for illegal immigrants (border-jumpers/criminals) is actively engaging in treason against Americans, since these people directly effect the livelihood of us Americans.

I make in the upper teens per hour as a janitor (partly by choice) and is it not a FACT that I would be making $20/hr or more if I was not directly competing with illegals (and legals) for the same "job Americans' won't do"?

Yes, I think ANYONE (liberal, "conservative", democrat or republican) who is still actively fighting for non-Americans to come into this country is committing an act of war against their own American brothers and sisters.

And I am being TOTALLY serious with the above-statements.
I don't really think you understand what those people who "fight for illegals" are really fighting for. I know a few. The ones I know are not fighting to bring more illegals in. They're mostly fighting for humane treatment of human beings and a wise way of dealing with the issue WE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN OVER MULTIPLE DECADES.

Old 08-24-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't really think you understand what those people who "fight for illegals" are really fighting for. I know a few. The ones I know are not fighting to bring more illegals in. They're mostly fighting for humane treatment of human beings and a wise way of dealing with the issue WE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN OVER MULTIPLE DECADES.
These people you're referring to are the same ones who in the same sentence many times argue for open borders, so basically your statement is hogwash. Just my opinion.

Old 08-24-2018, 03:32 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
These people you're referring to are the same ones who in the same sentence many times argue for open borders, so basically your statement is hogwash. Just my opinion.
Only people I have ever heard argue for open borders are limit libertarians. And they only support it theoretically.

The reason for legalization the present illegal aliens is simply to get rid of the huge population that prevents us from controlling US immigration. That is because there is no will or practical way to do anything else. And even if we tried some deportation scheme it would likely fail.

An attempt to control employment might yield some drop but mostly would force the illegals to the black market and cash. There also is little possibility that any laws really tightening employment will pass.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Thank you for sharing with us the Fox News talking points.

Who are the posters in this thread who have advocated open borders?

Old 08-24-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Thank you for sharing with us the Fox News talking points.

Who are the posters in this thread who have advocated open borders?
If you're against building a wall, by definition you are for open borders. Please.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
If you're against building a wall, by definition you are for open borders. Please.
Well, I'm a Democrat and I am not opposed to building a wall.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Well, I'm a Democrat and I am not opposed to building a wall.
Assuming you pay attention to current affairs, you know you're an exception.

No need to play this game. Most liberals are vehemently against a wall of any sort. Therefore - open-borders.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:28 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
If you're against building a wall, by definition you are for open borders.
Nope. You have this wrong too.

There is very little in life that can be summed up in a FoxNews soundbite.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Nope. You have this wrong too.

There is very little in life that can be summed up in a FoxNews soundbite.
I love how the left plays this game now.

To summarize: light is dark; right is left; up is down.

Tucker Carlson is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates