Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 07:07 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
My friends have been on this whole immigration debate as well, what's the big deal? Who cares about immigrants and their lives, why is it bothering people so much lately?

I can't really give an opinion on it, until I know the WHY of why it's been a big topic of debate lately.

If you are speaking of illegal aliens then you need to educate yourself on the negative impact they have on our society. Only then will you know why it's a big deal. It has reached critical mass now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 08:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You know, this wouldn't be much of an issue if the administration had conducted it in a way where the families could be reunited. But, as per usual, this administration dove in with no detailed planning in advance with the usual we'll figure it all out later. When I was a school principal, if that was the type of planning I had done, I would have gotten canned very quickly. It's the incompetence factor that bothers me almost as much as WANTING THE FEDS TO GET RID OF THE LATINO GANGS FIRST. The gangs are what is dangerous to American lives and property.
OF COURSE the Government is incompetent, is that supposed to be some kind of newsflash? This incompetence has been around well before Trump and will be around long after he's gone until people realize that decision making by consensus doesn't work and placing people in jobs to repay them instead of finding the best person causes failure almost every time.
Of COURSE we should be rounding up and deporting gang members, can you believe there's liberal voices out there decrying even that? Even so, if someone is actively illegally crossing the border they must be dealt with as they are found. The LAW requires detainment.

Again, these people KNEW what would happen, many were coached before they got to the border by Attorney's and anti-border advocates who obviously guessed WRONG about what the administration would do.
Why is nobody blaming those "supposed" legal experts who encouraged them to cross instead of telling them to go to the port of entry or forget it?
Someone should be kicking their butts down the block for using these people as pawns in their game to foment controversy.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:26 AM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
OF COURSE the Government is incompetent, is that supposed to be some kind of newsflash? This incompetence has been around well before Trump and will be around long after he's gone until people realize that decision making by consensus doesn't work and placing people in jobs to repay them instead of finding the best person causes failure almost every time.
Of COURSE we should be rounding up and deporting gang members, can you believe there's liberal voices out there decrying even that? Even so, if someone is actively illegally crossing the border they must be dealt with as they are found. The LAW requires detainment.

Again, these people KNEW what would happen, many were coached before they got to the border by Attorney's and anti-border advocates who obviously guessed WRONG about what the administration would do.
Why is nobody blaming those "supposed" legal experts who encouraged them to cross instead of telling them to go to the port of entry or forget it?
Someone should be kicking their butts down the block for using these people as pawns in their game to foment controversy.
No. This was monumental incompetence. I don't think I've ever seen our government act so stupidly.

No again. This isn't about what some liberal voices are saying about that (although who on the liberal side is actually saying we shouldn't deport MS-13 gang members...please be specific...which liberals have actually THAT?). This is about a president who said he was going to solve the MS-13 problem, but instead actually moved to solve the baby problem.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No. This was monumental incompetence. I don't think I've ever seen our government act so stupidly.

No again. This isn't about what some liberal voices are saying about that (although who on the liberal side is actually saying we shouldn't deport MS-13 gang members...please be specific...which liberals have actually THAT?). This is about a president who said he was going to solve the MS-13 problem, but instead actually moved to solve the baby problem.
Then either you've just become aware or for one reason or another have blinded yourself all these years.

As for the rest, let's go back to when the President called MS-13 "animals" as just one prime example. He said that and then many on the left including politicians then twisted and changed what was clearly said then saying that the President had said that about ALL illegals (aka undocumented).

Old 09-03-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Then either you've just become aware or for one reason or another have blinded yourself all these years.

As for the rest, let's go back to when the President called MS-13 "animals" as just one prime example. He said that and then many on the left including politicians then twisted and changed what was clearly said then saying that the President had said that about ALL illegals (aka undocumented).
As usual, you didn't actually answer the question asked. Because you can't.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:13 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Absolutely, the needs of Americans should come first and fortunately America (the land of plenty) has taken in so many "refugees, asylum seekers, and given amnesty to those who arrived her illegally", now they are also American and can continue to bring more family members to become Americans, so on and so forth to "belly up to the trough" as it were.

Quote:

MS-13 gang used California farm town as a base for crime

Scott, the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of California, speaks during a news conference in Sacramento, Calif. Scott announced Friday, Aug. 31, 2018, the indictment of more than two dozen MS-13 gang members and affiliates following a murder and drug trafficking investigation centered on the rural California farm city or Mendota.

MS-13, or La Mara Salvatrucha, was formed in Los Angeles in the 1980s by refugees from El Salvador

President Donald Trump has singled out the MS-13 gang as a threat to the U.S. and blames weak border enforcement for the group's crimes. But many gang members were born in the U.S.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-attorn...180611361.html

It's 2018, where should one presume to think those gang members who were born in America learned their craft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
On Economics:

First-generation illegal immigrants are net negatives in economic terms. I have no doubt that they cost more than they produce. However, their children (second generation immigrants) are actually greater economic contributors than native citizens.
That's often referred to as "a leg up", helping someone to improve their position.

Ahh, but who is subjected to subsidize all of this generosity? I know, the American taxpayer.

And no one needs to respond one way or the other unnecessarily, I am neither a liberal or a conservative but rather an independent. As much as people go on and on about working with children in the field of education I will go on and on about my experiences in the agricultural industry, it too is an eye opener and I know of what I speak.

Terminado!

Old 09-20-2018, 07:34 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,072,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you are speaking of illegal aliens then you need to educate yourself on the negative impact they have on our society. Only then will you know why it's a big deal. It has reached critical mass now.
No I was talking about immigrants since the title of this post says "immigrants".

Old 09-23-2018, 06:17 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
No I was talking about immigrants since the title of this post says "immigrants".

It's not so easy to tell what many people mean by using the word "immigrants" as they often blur the lines between immigrants and illegal aliens as if they are one and the same but they are not.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:43 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,547,343 times
Take care of our own first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many homeless and hungry people.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Take care of our own first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many homeless and hungry people.
And I'm sure that if we end immigration completely, that we'll suddenly solve the homeless and hunger issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates