Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 09:11 AM

20,461 posts, read 14,832,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguitar77111 View Post
Also, when kids want to spend time together, adults fear that that they’ll make noise, smoke, drink, do drugs, have sex, commit crimes, etc., but when kids don’t want to spend time together, adults complain that they’re sedentary.
Seriously!

LOL they used to wig out about Dungeons & Dragons, now my sons play it with their Dad and it's a darn near wholesome family activity. When I was a teenager, if teens congregated in groups of 3 or more anywhere, adults would be giving us side-eye like we were dealing drugs or about to vandalize something, or an orgy could break out at any second. (This was the 90's, before everyone was on the internet.) Now the adults are wringing their hands over kids being home alone online and/or playing video games too much, and it's all "in MY day..."

Burger flippin' jobs are for society's lowest common denominator supposedly, yet Karen wants to scream at the manager if her Big Mac has one less pickle slice than it ought to.

I'm tellin' you...I think there are just people who love to complain and cannot see the good in anything. No pleasing some people.

I mean, I sometimes see lots of crap on the news and in various news feeds and it would be real easy for me to feel like everything is going straight to hell. But then I go outside my front door and the sun is still shining, the sky is still blue, the birds are still singing and I've still got a life to live here. If I'm a Pollyanna, I'm a Pollyanna, but I'd rather be that, than a total grouch who can't stop wailing and hollering about everything.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:32 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,453,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

We can't have it both ways. Seriously. Shame women into not having sex, then complain that women aren't having sex with you. What the hell?
This is the issue. If women have pre-marital sex they are shamed for it and called names. But if they refuse to have sex, it makes men angry at them.

Since men don't have to deal with stigmas if they have sex, they can't possibly understand it.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates