Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 02:31 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,542,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
When anyone who "has" is denounced as an oppressor by anyone who "has not," that's a BAD THING.
When merit and ability are replaced by quotas and privilege, that's a BAD THING.
Context is important too. Many "haves" did not earn it, and many "have nots" still manage to work their arses off and have nothing to show for it.

It is never a cut and dry problem outside of isolated cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 02:37 PM

50,801 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
On the contrary; that disparity is what separates those who, when there's not enough bread to satisfy everybody, seek a way to bake more bread rather that merely "redistribute" and ration a dwindling supply. There is no such thing as a "greater common good" - it's just a buzz-phrase used by those who seek greater concentration of power in their hands, at the expense of the rest of us.
No it's not.

With rare exceptions, the people who are most worried about social justice are whites who are already pretty much in control.

And don't tell me they're not:

Supreme Court: All Judeo-Christian. 89% white.
House Of Representatives: 77% white.
Senate: 90% white.

You guys are scared ****less that you're gonna lose control.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:59 PM

631 posts, read 562,781 times
Quote:
Does the Social Justice Movement Represent True Pluralism?]
Yes... they are part of pluralist U.S. society... but my opinion is that most of the SJW types have been brainwashed from their university studies. Most U.S. campuses are so intent on *righting* historical *wrongs* that they have to make stuff up in order to justify their continued existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No it's not.

With rare exceptions, the people who are most worried about social justice are whites who are already pretty much in control.

And don't tell me they're not:

Supreme Court: All Judeo-Christian. 89% white.
House Of Representatives: 77% white.
Senate: 90% white.

You guys are scared ****less that you're gonna lose control.
It's just miseducation. I don't buy the tribal politics stuff.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post
Yes... they are part of pluralist U.S. society... but my opinion is that most of the SJW types have been brainwashed from their university studies. Most U.S. campuses are so intent on *righting* historical *wrongs* that they have to make stuff up in order to justify their continued existence.

It's just miseducation. I don't buy the tribal politics stuff.
So let's see. There is something wrong with righting historical wrongs. Interesting way of thinking.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:10 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
Ask the parents of a murdered child if a trial and a sentence can right the wrong. Or a financial award.

It is the same with historical wrongs. They've already happened. No amount of placating descendants of persecution will change what has already happened.

The goal needs to be erasure of the lingering negative social attitudes and behaviors as the result of actions of the past and mutual cooperation in developing a plan to prevent current and future wrongs.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
No it's not.

Most people who are worried about "social justice" are regular lower and middle class people. The ones in control, the people with the real power, they ain't worried. They know that the rest of us are too busy arguing about dumb crap like race and pretend genders and sexuality to ever rise against them. They know we are all too divided by politics and pettiness to ever, ever dethrone them. They. Fear. Nothing.

And don't you DARE tell me that Joe-Blow is "in control" just because he's white. If you think that, you can just take that racist garbage right out of my sight because I won't have it.

Regular people stand to lose freedom of speech, freedom of expression, and freedom of being heard because of the SJW cultists. That includes women and racial minorities. They are a poison to everybody's freedoms.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Ask the parents of a murdered child if a trial and a sentence can right the wrong. Or a financial award.

It is the same with historical wrongs. They've already happened. No amount of placating descendants of persecution will change what has already happened.

The goal needs to be erasure of the lingering negative social attitudes and behaviors as the result of actions of the past and mutual cooperation in developing a plan to prevent current and future wrongs.
It isn't a question of placating anyone.

Sometimes it's a simple matter of saying that what this nation was wrong. Sometime that's all that's needed. That's call honesty.

But instead, the trend for a certain group of people (I'm not going to say it) is to take the historical wrong and blame the wronged group. And you just did it again.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Most people who are worried about "social justice" are regular lower and middle class people. The ones in control, the people with the real power, they ain't worried. They know that the rest of us are too busy arguing about dumb crap like race and pretend genders and sexuality to ever rise against them. They know we are all too divided by politics and pettiness to ever, ever dethrone them. They. Fear. Nothing.

And don't you DARE tell me that Joe-Blow is "in control" just because he's white. If you think that, you can just take that racist garbage right out of my sight because I won't have it.

Regular people stand to lose freedom of speech, freedom of expression, and freedom of being heard because of the SJW cultists. That includes women and racial minorities. They are a poison to everybody's freedoms.
Oh...you won't have it? What gives you the power?

Isn't it a shame that a group of people who denied freedom of speech to others is now worried about losing their freedom of speech.

Isn't it a shame that a group of people who denied freedom of expression to others is not worried about losing their freedom of thought.

And there you go in your last sentence doing what I just talked about in my previous post...blaming the group that has been wronged.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Oh...you won't have it? What gives you the power?

Isn't it a shame that a group of people who denied freedom of speech to others is now worried about losing their freedom of speech.

Isn't it a shame that a group of people who denied freedom of expression to others is not worried about losing their freedom of thought.

And there you go in your last sentence doing what I just talked about in my previous post...blaming the group that has been wronged.
Untrue.

You are stuck in the past. Further, stuck in a past that you weren't a part of. Nobody alive today was.

I got news for you, buddy, it's 2018. Not 1975, not 1932, not 1864, not 1650, it's 2018. It will be 2019 soon enough.

Cut your bull and wake up. Once you realize that forward is the only way to go and we're ALL in it regardless of a distant history none of us alive are accountable for, you'll finally be able to make a good point.

Until then, you're gonna have problems winning people over.

The only people still dividing and defining us all by race are your sort. Not mine. Frankly, I do not appreciate your constant reductionist and dismissive approach to any counter-point.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:25 AM

808 posts, read 541,519 times
Quote:
came of age in the rebellious 1960's, but was introduced to more-philosophically-grounded writings -- Ayn Rand first, but also Murray Rothbard, Karl Hess and other contemporaries.

To some of the more outspoken in the other camp. I'm a "neocon" or "right winger", but I doubt if most of them could formulate a concise description of what they fear and oppose. The only principle to which I strongly subscribe is: that personal and economic freedoms are essentially indivisible, and that attempts to tamper with them invariably fail, and that further attempts to "improve" upon them merely intensify the cycle of repression and failure.

Quote:
History has taught us that most of these misguided experiments eventually correct themselves; the three exceptions were Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, and the Soviet Union; those in turn were by-products of European royalty's attempts to perpetuate their power in the wake of the excesses pf the French Revolution and the Napoleanic Wars, all with very bloody consequences

This is al very academic, but if you are going to try to understand politics (a word for the real-world implementation of power) you are going to have to expand your history. Read Anothy Sutton, Carroll Quigley, John Coleman, listen to Senator Dodd's talk about his research into the origins of the big foundations. Familiarize yourself with the hidden history of how power players use slogans and lies to manipulate the masses into supporting their expansion of influence and control.

All these things like political parties and philosophical movements are various ways the ruling elite have to justify and hide their power. They throw them all out into the public arena, and the ones that people lob onto stick around, but none of them explain what's going on.

All these labels are just the modern way of arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Until people are capable of understanding where their interests lie, and who is serving those interests, they will be lead around like donkeys, doing what ever the media-owners tell them to do.

The Social Justice Warriors are mostly being funded by George Soros and his many foudnations. DC-Leaks got into his computer servers, and downloaded thousands of documents listing all the hundreds of organizations, and billinos of dollars, his organizatinos are spending to support these groups. The data is pretty old by now, it was mostly 2010 - 2013, but if you were paying attention then, you will remember his signature, and see that it is still going on today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates