Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2018, 09:11 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I don't give a good g0d damn how hard it is to stop. "Once they agree"? When does HE think she has started to agree - when she says 'yes' to a kiss? When she says 'yes' to a date? When she says 'yes' to a conversation? That's delusional and you're in dangerous territory when you start this kind of logic. If you think men are animals who can't stop then I guess they should be shot like animals. Or maybe their parents can just train them properly?

You're the kind of guy pleading blue balls and expecting her to put you out of the misery you guilt her into believing she started. Nope - YOU started it by thinking you were entitled to sex.

Please take a deep breath. Since you don't give a "good g0d damn" I am pretty sure discussing this with you is pretty useless, especially given your contempt of men. But discussing the exact scenarios of when it will be hard for a man to stop would violate the policies of this forum...

Old 10-22-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
This x 1000.

This is outrageous.
Thank you for a thoughtful, polite and respectful response...

Old 10-22-2018, 09:13 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
It is very hard to imagine what you went through because of all the lies. Very good counter point to the feminist mafia who somehow think the women can never lie or exaggerate because they are women.

It sounds that the judicial system is also very biased against men... But at least you eventually had a fair trial.

I am curious why you did not sue the accuser for defamation. You have lost so much because of this episode. Or was it very expensive to start a new legal process?
Pressing those kind of charges is ridiculously expensive. Really the false accuser should be automatically charged by the DA for perjury once the trial is done.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:16 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't claim to be an expert, and what I'm about to say, isn't of course for everyone....but, while I'm not advocating unwanted sexual advancements in any way shape or form, there are some men out there addicted to sex who cannot stop...and I believe the more drunk they are, the less aware a young man is of exactly what he is doing....

It's a dangerous game for any woman to get herself into...and what I'm expressing is, I believe most woman can turn off in a snap...and they don't understand, its a bit more difficult for some males, depending on the situation....

I'm not stating this is written in stone, or par for the course, what I'm saying is, why put yourself in an iffy situation?
BTW, seriously, what % of men are addicts - you think those men are the only ones doing the assaulting here? Are you saying the majority of women are "playing these games"? Are you saying a majority of the assaults could be avoided by women? You don't think that if one woman manages to avoid being assaulted that the guy doesn't just move on to the next vulnerable woman? Just because you or I have managed to so carefully and intelligently avoid being assaulted doesn't mean some other woman didn't - we've just shifted who the victim is - not lowered the numbers of victims.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Say what? I can't believe what I'm reading.

Might not be able to stop? Utter crap.

Difficult? Intense? Dear God. Who cares? You stop anyway. Wtf.

And other men agree with "better not change your mind!" Wtfffffffff

No wonder this world is a mess.

Please take a deep breath and see your therapist. Apparently you have issues with reality ...

Old 10-22-2018, 09:18 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
How do you know, are you an expert on male sexuality? It is very difficult for a younger man to stop. The desire and need for sex is very intense in most young men. So some young might not be able to stop. That is why young women should ideally not change their mind once they agree to start having sex.
Sex is supposed to be pleasurable. If its not pleasurable halfway through because something went wrong, the guy is supposed to be able to stop and assess the situation. Problem is guys dont always get taught on how to pleasure women by their parents or friends, and not just pleasure themselves. Try to leave it to young women to admit what they like before, or while the situation is going on. If we all communicated to each other what we want, no one would have to stop halfway through. "But I want to see if he knows what hes doing...." Ugh.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:19 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Please take a deep breath. Since you don't give a "good g0d damn" I am pretty sure discussing this with you is pretty useless, especially given your contempt of men. But discussing the exact scenarios of when it will be hard for a man to stop would violate the policies of this forum...
People do difficult things every single day of their lives - because they choose to. The minute you say a man can't is the minute you put the blame on women for a man's actions against her. I'm not a child - you don't need to "violate" any policies mansplaining about when it's so hard for men to stop. I wonder how you discuss this topic with your sons - hey, if it gets too hot 'n heavy it's all on her so you just go right ahead, son.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:20 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Of course I don't dislike men. I just am tired of women being told to see the silver lining and to rejoice over these great lessons that will help us avoid danger. Great - fantastic. Now, a little more attention to the SOURCE of the problem, please.

And why do I have to know you - you don't know me - and neither of us know anyone on CD unless in a purely coincidental or incidental way so that doesn't enter into any discussion on here or any other message board/social media platform.
First off, no one was telling you anything, I and another poster were having a conversation, of which We, her and I agreed on...didn't have anything to do with you, nor were we telling you to see any silver lining....or great lesson...ok? So I believe it was rude of you, to come in with both barrels blazing and telling me to give you a break, when actually no one was talking to you...

We all come from different backgrounds, it might be a great idea to understand, just b/ you don't agree or believe in what ever someone else is discussing doesn't make you right and me wrong....and no one is telling you how you should believe...so why come into this with an argumentative post?

and as far as your Great Fantastic, now a little more attention to the SOURCE of the problem, please? I don't understand, why? Is what you have to say more important than what we're discussing.

And what exactly is the SOURCE of the Problem?

Old 10-22-2018, 09:22 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Pressing those kind of charges is ridiculously expensive. Really the false accuser should be automatically charged by the DA for perjury once the trial is done.
ANd just how does one decide who the false accuser is?

Old 10-22-2018, 09:33 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Oh for God's sakes, well great for you, I'm so glad you had a mother like that....not everyone does....what is it with people...? you make a statement and people are laying in waiting to come back and argue, b/c it's not what they believe in or had or did?

Are you calling me a liar?

I'm saying this again, our mother told us NOTHING!!!! What we learned was from school or friends in school...you are very fortunate you had what you had. We did not and that is a very crucial repsonsibility of a parent...

Calling you a liar about what? Chill out a little.

I only brought it up because when you say "WE had mothers too embarassed to teach us about sex" YOU make it seem you're speaking for everyone. And when you say that often, and no one says different, it's like we're all on the same page...except we're not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates