Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 11:48 PM

2,015 posts, read 1,652,352 times

Advertisements

Think there are only two gender?? Well guess again ,there are 100.
https://www.wattpad.com/341462536-co...te-list-of-all
And the sad part is I dont think they are kidding.
And you know its only a matter of time before a amicagender boss wont hire a anxiegender, or a axigender restaurant wont serve a caelgender.Will collgenders have to sit at the back of the bus??Will there be dryagender drinking fountains in the south??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 12:01 AM

8,525 posts, read 4,766,063 times
There’s two genders but a lot of identities. Provided none of the identities ask for preferential treatment, I’m ok with whatever and will treat them with respect and class. People are people. It’s ok to be different.

Old 02-05-2020, 04:16 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,715,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
It's no skin off my nose if someone chooses to identify in a non-binary way. It's no skin off your nose either, but you think other people should conform to an identity that pleases you, because... well, why? You see, that's pretty self-centered. It's also conformist. How dare others not place themselves into one of two categories? The nerve! Right?

Quote:
And you know its only a matter of time before a amicagender boss wont hire a anxiegender, or a axigender restaurant wont serve a caelgender.Will collgenders have to sit at the back of the bus??Will there be dryagender drinking fountains in the south??
Uh huh. Sure.

You know, this is called a strawman attack. You're railing against something that isn't happening, but you're claiming it surely will. Tell you what, why don't you actually wait until it does? Because we've all seen this story before. There's a social change, and the chicken littles of the world tell us the sky is falling. Remember how gay marriage was going to be the ruin of society? Never happened, despite a decade of dire insistence that it would. Gays in the military. Interracial marriage. Women voting. Blacks voting. Emancipation. The history of the world is basically one of the hand-wringers assuring everyone else that we can't do 'that' (whatever their boogeyman-du-jour happens to be) because it will be a calamity! And then that happens... and they move on to fear-mongering the next scary change they see coming.

You hate change. You're afraid of it. Got it. But that's no one's issues but yours.

Old 02-05-2020, 04:29 PM

1,142 posts, read 451,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
You hate change. You're afraid of it. Got it. But that's no one's issues but yours.
Once again anyone who disagrees is told they are a fearful hater. I am so tired of that. I don't hate change, I fear nothing but God's wrath and the issues I have don't revolve around some made up gender identity.

Here is what I hate. Being told I have to believe in garbage based science claiming there are hundreds of genders, when I can plainly see there are two sexes. Gender is a term commonly used to identify the sex of the person being described. Even the Dictionary that pops up on google, a liberal propaganda search engine says there are two sexes. Per Google Dictionary:

either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female.
"a condition that affects people of both genders"

I am sick of being told that just because I wont cave in to political SJW pressure to acknowledge the endless string of supposed identities, that I fear them. I don't fear them, I disagree with them. I notice everyone says they can do what they want when talking about gays or transgender, but they never say that about God fearing Christians who choose to believe the natural order they follow is the correct one.

What gays/trans want to call themselves is their business, but what I want to call them is mine. And, I am not calling a guy in a dress ma'am, no matter what pressure I get. That isn't fear of them, or fear of change, it is conviction in my belief.

Old 02-05-2020, 04:57 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,070,958 times
Quote:

Yeah? No. I don't think this is anything to debate about. Unless y'all are turkeys and monkeys.

They aren't genders, they're made up fantasy identities. And don't be a turkey / monkey as that author suggested his readers are, the author is kidding. He says so in his forward at the top of the page.

Quote:

https://www.wattpad.com/341462536-co...-of-all/page/5

Forward from the author: "Since you Wattpad folks seem to have the collective intelligence of an average domesticated turkey, I have put this here in order to tell all you monkeys that this book is in no way an accurate representation of anything, and exists purely for comedic purpouses"

And he misspelled purposes.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:27 PM

71 posts, read 51,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Yeah? No. I don't think this is anything to debate about. Unless y'all are turkeys and monkeys.

They aren't genders, they're made up fantasy identities. And don't be a turkey / monkey as that author suggested his readers are, the author is kidding. He says so in his forward at the top of the page.

And he misspelled purposes.

And you misspelled foreword...

Old 02-05-2020, 08:34 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,070,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishegas View Post
And you misspelled foreword...

You are correct, I misspelled it and posted it without even noticing. I'd like to blame that on the autocorrect feature but since I didn't catch it at the time I just don't know if autocorrect did it or if I did it. I guess that makes me a turkey too for not paying attention. Here I go now, I'm giving myself a slap upside the head for that!

Old 02-05-2020, 09:48 PM

71 posts, read 51,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
You are correct, I misspelled it and posted it without even noticing. I'd like to blame that on the autocorrect feature but since I didn't catch it at the time I just don't know if autocorrect did it or if I did it. I guess that makes me a turkey too for not paying attention. Here I go now, I'm giving myself a slap upside the head for that! .
LOL. It was probably the autocorrect, but I was just yanking ya, cuz it was easy...No hard feelings, turkey?

Old 02-05-2020, 10:28 PM

61,834 posts, read 87,292,973 times
Quote:
Find a comfortable chair and plan to spend some time learning about what is becoming a new way to understand the complex diversity of human existence, because, obviously you don't know that there are two biological genders and several gender identities. You see, sex and gender should not be confused to mean the same thing.

Nowadays, lots of people, usually younger generation, simply find the idea of gender being more flexible and complex intuitively reasonable. But what they find intuitive, many older adults find confusing, and even frightening.
Feelings people in previous generations hid in shameful secrecy are now openly discussed on social media.
Those who previously felt isolated by their differences can now join their voices and learn of the existence of other people like them, and ultimately prove their existence.

To understand that all one needs to be a bit more open-minded.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:18 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,491,793 times
Our millennial daughter and I were discussing this today. She is all about gender fluidity and undefined gender identity. Since I was a tomboy growing up and to this day do not own a pair of heels or a cocktail dress, I can see not liking stereotyping genders. I dunno, each generation tries to upset the apple cart of preconceived ways of interpreting the world around them. I am certainly glad we are not living in the Victorian Era.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates