Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 10:40 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The issue is what it does to the economy as a whole. We don't know and we won't know until we are there. When people start getting the gassed up unemployment checks and stimulus check, what do they use it on? When the jobs come back, do they come back in full? When we return to normal, do we go back to the malls, theaters, sports arenas and concert halls?
I've been open about the fact I do a "job an American won't do" (I'm a janitor for a Fortune 500 company) and we have laid off many workers. I get health coverage that isn't too bad. Dental too. I make close to $20/hr.

Still, though, I work next to people who can hardly speak a word of English at one of my accounts.

My question is: why are they still here, when they clearly were brought here by elitists who wanted cheaper labor. And now that more and more Americans are out of work or looking for work, they are absolutely now doing jobs Amercans would gladly do.

I guess these Americans can all just pound sand now though, eh?

Old 04-01-2020, 10:41 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,995,264 times
My 12 year old. She is now able to get the 13 hours of sleep per night she obviously needs. I think she's grown two inches since social distancing began.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:49 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I've been open about the fact I do a "job an American won't do" (I'm a janitor for a Fortune 500 company) and we have laid off many workers. I get health coverage that isn't too bad. Dental too. I make close to $20/hr.

Still, though, I work next to people who can hardly speak a word of English at one of my accounts.

My question is: why are they still here, when they clearly were brought here by elitists who wanted cheaper labor. And now that more and more Americans are out of work or looking for work, they are absolutely now doing jobs Amercans would gladly do.

I guess these Americans can all just pound sand now though, eh?
That is a different issue entirely and shouldn't be tied into this one. I would suggest making that its own topic.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:29 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Jared Kushner seems to profiting. Surprise, surprise.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:32 AM

Bill Ackman. Sleazebag shekel stacker...lying to the public to get people to freak out, then buys up their shares and makes a cool TWO BILLION dollar profit on a $27 million dollar bet in like one day. I mean, you literally can't make that up. TWO BILLION DOLLARS for making a few phone calls (and lies) in one single day. If there is a Hell, he should be there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Jared Kushner seems to profiting. Surprise, surprise.
Dianne Feinstein, too!

Old 04-01-2020, 12:41 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
China. Killing off the West without firing a shot.
Quote:
Oh ABSOLUTELY.

People say "why would they release a virus that would kill their own people or economy" and my response to that is they could afford to literally wipe out a quarter of their people and it wouldn't hurt them - heck it might even help their overcrowded country.

I watch Tucker Carlson nightly and he's gone back and forth on the origin of the virus. He has been reporting It is highly possibly it escaped from a Chinese laboratory that was lacking on safety.

I literally wouldn't be surprised at all that China released it on purpose. We will pretty much never know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they released it by design.
I think there is merit to the idea that this is bioterrorism.

I also think there’s merit to the idea that this is a Chinese Elliot Rodger or Alex Minassian style actor at play here. China has many excess males who are not getting laid and are extremely angry. Whereas Elliot Rodger was only able to carry out an attack with a gun & knife, affecting fewer people, the idea that an involuntarily celibate Chinese biolab worker could do this is an idea that warrants exploration.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I think there is merit to the idea that this is bioterrorism.

I also think there’s merit to the idea that this is a Chinese Elliot Rodger or Alex Minassian style actor at play here. China has many excess males who are not getting laid and are extremely angry. Whereas Elliot Rodger was only able to carry out an attack with a gun & knife, affecting fewer people, the idea that an involuntarily celibate Chinese biolab worker could do this is an idea that warrants exploration.
Eh no. It was a wet mart animal that got infected by a bat. That animal was a carrier for the virus. Similar to SARS and MERS before it.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Eh no. It was a wet mart animal that got infected by a bat. That animal was a carrier for the virus. Similar to SARS and MERS before it.
Do you believe every lie China tells the world?

Same government that sends minorities to concentration camps this very day and whose leader just crowned himself King for life?

Old 04-01-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Do you believe every lie China tells the world?

Same government that sends minorities to concentration camps this very day and whose leader just crowned himself King for life?
And you believe a conspiracy theory that they killed their own people. Who is the crazier one here?

Old 04-01-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
And you believe a conspiracy theory that they killed their own people. Who is the crazier one here?
We don't know what happened or how it got out.

What we do know for an absolute fact is that the Chinese government lies, doesn't allow freedom of press, has internment camps for minorities among other dubious things.

I guess the question I should ask you is: why is the Left more concerned about hurting the feelings of such a brutal regime than they are about our freedoms here in the West?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates