Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 02:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
We don't know what happened or how it got out.

What we do know for an absolute fact is that the Chinese government lies, doesn't allow freedom of press, has internment camps for minorities among other dubious things.

I guess the question I should ask you is: why is the Left more concerned about hurting the feelings of such a brutal regime than they are about our freedoms here in the West?
I have a hard time a government would use bio-terrorism intentionally on their own regardless of which government we are talking about. Saddam didn't even use used biological weapons but rather just used chemical warfare. So I have a tough time believing that conspiracy theory. I'm not saying the Chinese government is fine nor do they allow blatant patten violations (just look at the Chinese roller coasters that copy proven non-Chinese manufactures.) It just I don't see a government killing their own for whatever political means. I was against 9/11 truthers for that reason especially when you consider we pointed to Afghanistan, not Iraq...

Old 04-01-2020, 02:49 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I have a hard time a government would use bio-terrorism intentionally on their own regardless of which government we are talking about. Saddam didn't even use used biological weapons but rather just used chemical warfare. So I have a tough time believing that conspiracy theory. I'm not saying the Chinese government is fine nor do they allow blatant patten violations (just look at the Chinese roller coasters that copy proven non-Chinese manufactures.) It just I don't see a government killing their own for whatever political means. I was against 9/11 truthers for that reason especially when you consider we pointed to Afghanistan, not Iraq...
We don't know though.

And this virus kills small percentage...even if it killed 25% and China lost 25% they certainly wouldn't be hurtin' considering manpower is the one thing they have a never ending abundance of.

The economic debestation this leaves behind in the West especially will be far greater than the roughly 1% fatality rate.

Watch...

Old 04-01-2020, 02:49 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Trump's approval rating is at an all time high. This is sad because the Dems thought Corona was going to be more effective than Russia in bringing Trump down.
No worries! If Trump wins in November, and if the House does not go R, new Articles of Impeachment will land on Nanny's desk on November 4. The coup efforts will continue. This virus is just the latest coup attempt. Notice how it conveniently appeared in the same time window as the Senate vote sent the last effort into Crash And Burn mode? Just a coincidence, surely!

Old 04-01-2020, 03:00 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
We don't know though.

And this virus kills small percentage...even if it killed 25% and China lost 25% they certainly wouldn't be hurtin' considering manpower is the one thing they have a never ending abundance of.

The economic debestation this leaves behind in the West especially will be far greater than the roughly 1% fatality rate.

Watch...
And there is economic issues in China too. You really think a country would cut its own nose off to spite it's face? We are interconnected global economy, if the West crashes, China would feel effects.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:08 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I was reading about some of them in the recent Economist magazine entitled Pushing On An Open Door, the virus should speed efforts to shrink the prison population.

"In Harris County some pregnant inmates have been released."

"Sheriff Dart in Chicago says daily arrivals have fallen nearly in half as police issue more citations and arrest fewer offenders." (Which is becoming common in a number of states)

"In Baltimore, the state attorney, Marilyn Mosby, has told prosecutors to stop charging non-violent offenders such as those caught dealing drugs, trespassing or illegally selling sex."

"In Los Angeles, where 17k are in jail on an average day, officials are aiming to get the population down by 2,000. Daily arrests there have dropped from 300 to 60."

"One county jail in Kentucky released 120 of its 697 inmates this month."

Upcoming: release of elderly inmates who can serve their remaining sentence at home. (But do they have a home to go to?)

Iran has released 1000's of inmates from their prisons.

And, where you have beneficiaries, you have those that stand to lose out: Prison/jail guards.

And yes, there are others that are bound to benefit from this crisis. As more and more airlines go belly up, the bigger airlines will gobble them up at a bargain, reducing the airline competition. I have read that SW has only canceled 1 out of 5 flights, because they're not reliant on international travel, so I expect SW to flourish over this virus.
Politicians in Houste and Senate. They are acting like car salesmen to sell those stimulus to the government.

Who is giving that 2tn ? Fed or Treasury ? And where does the Fed get that money from??

Old 04-01-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
And there is economic issues in China too. You really think a country would cut its own nose off to spite it's face? We are interconnected global economy, if the West crashes, China would feel effects.
However this virus was unleashed, one thing is for certain: China might be the world's new "superpower" when the smoke clears.

30+% unemployment in America? Yeah, book it...

Old 04-02-2020, 07:26 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
China is only prosperous because of money spent by Americans on Chinese exports.

The idea that this virus was "engineered" to damage America is just another pathetic conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theories are generally the product of small minds that seek simple solutions for complex problems.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
China is only prosperous because of money spent by Americans on Chinese exports.

The idea that this virus was "engineered" to damage America is just another pathetic conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theories are generally the product of small minds that seek simple solutions for complex problems.

Are lefties going to now claim it didn't originate in China?

You know what's most shocking in all of this (and there are many things we can all be shocked about)?

China: harvests body parts; imprisons political dissidents; throws racial and religious minorities in concentration camps; eat dogs and cats in their society; have a leader who just crowned himself King for life....and liberals are worried about their feelings.

I mean it's beyond sickening - it's traitorous.

But more than that, it has proved one thing to me: Liberals are all communists, and want communist China to flourish more than they do their own Western brothers and sisters.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:43 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Are lefties going to now claim it didn't originate in China?

You know what's most shocking in all of this (and there are many things we can all be shocked about)?

China: harvests body parts; imprisons political dissidents; throws racial and religious minorities in concentration camps; eat dogs and cats in their society; have a leader who just crowned himself King for life....and liberals are worried about their feelings.

I mean it's beyond sickening - it's traitorous.

But more than that, it has proved one thing to me: Liberals are all communists, and want communist China to flourish more than they do their own Western brothers and sisters.
What ever possessed to write such utter garbage and drivel?

Old 04-02-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
What ever possessed to write such utter garbage and drivel?
They take their marching order from the likes of Jeff Zucker (et al), and he is doing to bidding of China through all of this madness.

Trump accuses press of 'siding with China' amid pandemic

It's all so obvious.

Anything is better than Trump and white Western Christian society, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates