Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 02:39 PM

132 posts, read 56,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
AR-15’s are weapons of war and were for the military until the “I’m tough” guys started carrying them.
There are other ways to be macho, without civilians carrying military weapons on the streets of America. Talk about “wuss” hah!
No, they really aren't.

They have never been used by any military anywhere in the world.
They are functionally no different than any other semi auto firearms.

Parroted rhetoric and name calling really doesn't help your credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Every veteran coming out of the US Army or Marines has had extensive training with M16s.

When they buy an AR [which has NEVER been issued by any military force] it has the same look and feel. They can be blind-folded and they can strip the weapon down, and re-assemble it just like they once trained to do when they were in uniform.

That is why ARs are so popular.

Nobody is going to spend over $20,000 to have an actual assault weapon [or military grade firearm].

They are terribly susceptible to sand/grit jamming them, which is why solders must clean them daily. They are not practical for deer hunting because they jam so readily.
Don't drop them in the dirt and they perform as well as any other semi-auto rifles.

Many people use them for hunting multiple species without any "jamming".
There are countless Youtubes showing your claim is incorrect.

Old 06-14-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
AR-15 is outdated, that’s why old guys like it!
Tell us which weapon platform is superior, and explain why please.

Old 06-15-2020, 01:59 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
Tell us which weapon platform is superior, and explain why please.
No weapons except for military and police, and for hunting, is my preference.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
A few of them could have stopped the burning and looting of my town this month
But of course we don’t want to interfere with what was declared a peaceful demonstration do we
Anybody that has done an Iraq tour of duty can tell you all about them

Old 06-15-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
No weapons except for military and police, and for hunting, is my preference.
That really wasn't the question at all, but it explains your apparent lack of knowledge of firearms.

I find it ironic that many of those who share your anti-gun goals are also out in the streets right now protesting "police brutality" and saying they should be "defunded".

Old 06-15-2020, 04:44 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,606,165 times
This had to be one of the most useless and vile stunts ever staged. At least everyone I know agrees, including people that I know who own firearms.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
That really wasn't the question at all, but it explains your apparent lack of knowledge of firearms.

I find it ironic that many of those who share your anti-gun goals are also out in the streets right now protesting "police brutality" and saying they should be "defunded".
I absolutely do NOT agree with defunding the police. I think the police and military should all have guns. I wish Brooks had not died, but he was no prince. He put himself in that situation by heavy drinking (and/or drugs?) and then resisting arrest. It was a sad situation all the way around.

Lots of law enforcement and also FBI in my family. I understand the need for firearms. Just don’t like amateurs wandering around with guns.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:28 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,797,654 times
Quote:
[b]I understand the need for firearms. Just don’t like amateurs wandering around with guns.
What do you mean, amateurs...? Most 'civilians' have ample training with their firearms, many times more than police. They (police) have their 'range day' every month, but I go every week.

Your comments show you know nothing about firearms, doesn't matter how many relatives you have in law enforcement.......which I doubt anyway.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
I absolutely do NOT agree with defunding the police. I think the police and military should all have guns. I wish Brooks had not died, but he was no prince. He put himself in that situation by heavy drinking (and/or drugs?) and then resisting arrest. It was a sad situation all the way around.

Lots of law enforcement and also FBI in my family. I understand the need for firearms. Just don’t like amateurs wandering around with guns.
That was never a concern for the founding fathers of this nation though, infringements, were sees as a much more dangerous threat ( I happen to agree with that)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates